• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Did you ever regret teaching your kid something?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I taught my boy how to shoot a rising wrist shot with a street hockey ball. I think that will give everyone a clear picture as to what happened later in the day.

Nice! :lol: I can imagine the rest!

I can't think of anything specific, but I can def still hear in my head, "WHAT!? Dad showed me how!"

EDIT:
I just remembered a few things!

Throwing knives, throwing stars, starting fires with a magnifying glass and lighter fluid, whittling (imagine our yard lookin like Vlad the Impalers place) how to sharpen knives, how to sharpen pencils with knives...

Shooting is not among the laundry list of dumb stuff.

I didn't regret it but my wife did when I taught him to pee in the woods. She looked out from doing dishes when he was 3 and there he was watering a tree. I regretted coming home from work that night!

If that's the worst thing that ever happens, count your blessings.

oh yeah, cant take it back either, hope your balls feel better soon

:lol: Thanks and yes, things are feeling better and my voice is back down to normal. When it happened the little bugger alternated between "I'm sorry" to looking away and laughing.

Throwing knives, throwing stars, starting fires with a magnifying glass and lighter fluid, whittling (imagine our yard lookin like Vlad the Impalers place) how to sharpen knives, how to sharpen pencils with knives...
Yes, we have had several of these too...throwing knives, starting fires and whittling. The woods behind us has more than one lost arrow too and pumpkins aren't safe from the sling shot.

Rossignol said:

Shooting is not among the laundry list of dumb stuff.

DAD ! IS THAT YOU DAD ? Why havent you written ?

Rossignol said:
starting fires with a magnifying glass and lighter fluid

This is a good one haha, I am very much still a kid too many of you, being only 20, but I like to read all of these! :D Gives me good ideas for my children in the future, if I have any ;)

During a ice fishing trip last year my buddies kid overheard many of our "Thats what she said" comments and started repeating it.

We kind of found it funny as he did often repeat it at the correct time just by dumb luck......My buddies wife did not find it nearly as amusing.

Back