• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from VA

Doogie

Copper BB
Been deer hunting with my 835 Ulti-mag for some time now. Figured it was time to make it a Tacti-cool shotgun. Stumbled on this group while searching for info on an extended mag. NASA's photos of his kick-ass black 835 had me sticking around, scoping the place out. Hope I can eventually contribute, but for now I'm satisfied with reading through all the old posts.

I have the Mossy Oak Break-up Camo pattern. Current mods include removal of mag plug, adding Weaver low-profile sight rail, and red/green dot sight.

Aside from the extended magazine, future mods may include rifled barrel with scope for sabbot-slugs, and new adjustable stock.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 835 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome from MI!!

Can't wait to see your progress on the 835

Howdy Doogie and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please feel free to jump in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Welcome to Mossberg Owners.

I have de-blinged my 835 recently. Now she consist of the rifled 24 inch barrel with the Knoxx BlackHawk Spec-Ops 1st generation recoil reducing stock, Limbsaver butt pad, shell holder on the stock, modified Choate magazine extension and Williams Firesights with a sling.

If you are thinking of a rifled barrel, think serious about one with a cantilever for the scope mount for better accuracy.

Removed the bi-pod, laser and light and scope and used them on my Smith&Wesson M&P 15.

The 835 is now a little bit lighter and the firesights are plenty good for most hunting making for a pleasant shooting experience with plenty of knock down power and if using 2-3/4 shells a 9+1.

If you have the field barrel that came with the 835, do not shoot slugs due to the overbore on the barrel.

Again welcome to Mossberg Owners.

For legal migratory bird hunting I use my Maverick 88 with the field barrel but most of the time it sits with the dowel removed and the 18.5 cylinder bore barrel.

Back