• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shooting disappointment today....

MikeD said:
The indoor range by my house has now disallowed rifles or shotguns unless you buy a membership. Prior to that they changed an extra $10 for them. Shotguns are limited to buck/slugs.

Having seen the ceiling and floor downrange (classes use the whole range), I'm amazed that the place is still functional, you would swear that more people are hitting them than the backstop.

funny you should mention that, but at the indoor shooting range i go to, you can shoot a shotgun, BUT only with an instructor....now.

i was shooting my hand guns there the other day and this dude was shooting his new decked out shoutgun, remington - i think it was, with an instructor, next to my lane where i was shooting, so obviously i could see his target next to mine down range.

i heard him fire 4 shots at a 15yd target, and as i glanced over, NOT EVEN A BB hit that target.
he then put his gun down and went out to get more ammo i think while the instructor waited, and the instructor looked at me and shook his head and said, "i dont know what the hell he was aiming at!" :?
needless to say both of us were in awwwww, and not from the good shooting! :eek:

stigmata said:
say oil700, your location....state of jefferson.
i've herd about that b4 (watch history channel) isnt that by cali somewhere?
just wish it was on the east coast, close to me so id find a place to shoot .... soon.

The state of Jefferson if a fictional place that is made up of Northern California and Southern Oregon. In a nut shell we are a bunch of like minded people, who live in the woods, work in the woods. A lot live on the land but and no Oregonian really likes a Californian but we in Southern Oregon and those in Northern California all suffer from a Government that caters to their population centers…..for Cali its Sacramento and the big liberal centers of LA, SF….for us in Oregon its Portland. The Stare of Jefferson was/is a movement to create another state so the population centers can knock themselves out and leave use the hell alone with all their stupid rules…..maybe good rules for a metropolitan but suck for a 500 person logging town.

The flag, people fly these here and paint then on the roofs of barns and things. The “double cross” represents Sacramento and Portland/Salem
1.jpg

The map
Jefferson-State-Secede5oct08b.gif

1941….around the start and it almost happened but WW2 took priority
jefferson1941jpg-107346454efd6dc4_large.jpg

I used to experience the same problem when I was stationed in NY the last 4 years, really made it difficult to enjoy shooting. Fortunately I'm back in Texas and have been making up lost range time at Fayette County and friend's land.

skeeterss0USMC said:
check out Camp Allen range in Norfolk, C2 range in pungo area of Va beach, or the dgif site of chickahomany WMA.

thanks for the info skeeterss0USMC.....
actually, just heard about chickahomany WMA from my armour friends at work today, gonna check them out here.

any info on whats allowed on camp allen, passed by it all the time when i go to NOB just never stopped there.

oli700 said:
stigmata said:
say oil700, your location....state of jefferson.
i've herd about that b4 (watch history channel) isnt that by cali somewhere?
just wish it was on the east coast, close to me so id find a place to shoot .... soon.

The state of Jefferson if a fictional place that is made up of Northern California and Southern Oregon. In a nut shell we are a bunch of like minded people, who live in the woods, work in the woods. A lot live on the land but and no Oregonian really likes a Californian but we in Southern Oregon and those in Northern California all suffer from a Government that caters to their population centers…..for Cali its Sacramento and the big liberal centers of LA, SF….for us in Oregon its Portland. The Stare of Jefferson was/is a movement to create another state so the population centers can knock themselves out and leave use the hell alone with all their stupid rules…..maybe good rules for a metropolitan but suck for a 500 person logging town.

i knew i heard about it somewhere :mrgreen:
keep it going.

stigmata said:
skeeterss0USMC said:
check out Camp Allen range in Norfolk, C2 range in pungo area of Va beach, or the dgif site of chickahomany WMA.

actually, just heard about chickahomany WMA from my armour friends at work today, gonna check them out here.

any info on whats allowed on camp allen, passed by it all the time when i go to NOB just never stopped there.

http://www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm

I was googling something else and happened to come across this, so here ya go.

Joe57 said:
I used to experience the same problem when I was stationed in NY the last 4 years, really made it difficult to enjoy shooting. Fortunately I'm back in Texas and have been making up lost range time at Fayette County and friend's land.

cant wait to get back there too, im from south texas originally...... :cool:

Joe57 said:
stigmata said:
skeeterss0USMC said:

http://www.mccscampallen.com/shooting_range.htm

I was googling something else and happened to come across this, so here ya go.

awesome....thanks for the link.
called them today and i can shoot there, and its not that expensive, bad thing is i cant make it over that way till the weekends and thats their busiest time.....oh, well, better thatn not shooting at all i guess..... :cool:

Dude camp Allen rocks. Got a membership there and been going there frequently. Place is awesome. I like the place so much that I'm thing of pursuing my own business and a indoor shooting range seems like what we wanna do. Going to look more into it. Love the pace though.

Back