• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Trophy Hunter Combo - Dicks Sporting Goods

MattM308 said:
I recently purchased the Mossberg Trophy Hunter Combo in the 308. I had the same problem you did Joe, i couldn't find much information on the gun which made me hesitant to buy it. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet.

Howdy MattM308, and welcome to the club. When you get a chance if you'd like to introduce yourself here...
viewforum.php?f=5

Thanx for signing up, and hope you'll stick around.

Nice pic Joe! So...how do you really like it now that you've used it a little more?

That was the second time at the rannge, I really like it and switched to 150 grain Remington loads - the rifle shoots very consistant. I really would have no problem recomending it to anyone.

MattM308 said:
I recently purchased the Mossberg Trophy Hunter Combo in the 308. I had the same problem you did Joe, i couldn't find much information on the gun which made me hesitant to buy it. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet.

Hi Matt, I don't think you will be disappointed - I was not!

I actually got out to shoot it this past weekend. Its a really nice gun and has some power in the 308. Like you said Joe, the scope is not the greatest but what can you ask for in a pre-mounted one. I was wondering if i made a mistake and should of just paid the extra 50 bucks for the Savage Axis. Thankfully, i really like the gun and am happy with it.

You could sell the scope you have now on ebay, then add that to the $50 you saved and maybe scour the cushions for another $50 and get a nice scope..... ;)

ripjack13 said:
You could sell the scope you have now on ebay, then add that to the $50 you saved and maybe scour the cushions for another $50 and get a nice scope..... ;)

Took your advice and bought a 3x9x50 Truglo TRU-BRITE Illuminated Rifle scope.

Joe

Ooh! Sweetness! Nicely done sir. Got pix of it all set up?

I just purchased aTrophy Hunter 30-06 From Dicks for $299. They bore sighted for me. Took it to the range and got it to hit a one inch circle in eight rounds. Am using Remington 150 grain Core Loct shells.Went deer hunting yesterday and shot a doe at almost 300 yards. I held about 6 inches hi and hit it high in the spine. I used cinder blocks with a folded towel for a rest. It really suprised me as I only consider myself an average shot so I credit the rifle. Best $299 I ever spent!

I agree congratas on the rifle and it was a great purchase for me too. I have put many round down range and it is well worth the money - to think the sales guy tried to talk me out of it. Glad i stood my ground.

I still like the rifle. One question: The barrel is a flat black matt color and carrying it through the woods it has a few scratches. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cover these scratches, Seems to scratch much easier than a standard blued barrel. Thanks for any ideas.

Back