• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do you think this is good hunting pack?

texasfan85

.270 WIN
i work at walmart in sporting goods have been looking at this pack for months was thing of buying it for hunting pack and was wanting som input as to if nayone has seen or owns this pack here is link for it.
http://www.fieldline.com/main/backpacks/glenwood-canyon-frame-pack/1/4/7
I also have pic of it in case the url dosnt work it is a Feildline Glenwood Canyon pack we have it for $29.99 normaly but it is on sell for $20 even if you know of better pack in same price range please let me know also here is the pic.

Attachments

• ProductPhoto_7_396_287x333.png
    ProductPhoto_7_396_287x333.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 299
Looks like a nice pack. Not sure I would ever use the bow/gun holder but I can see it's usefullness for long treks to/from the blind outside of shooting hours.

My current one has been through several hunting seasons before the zipper gave out in it. Overall I can't complain given what I paid for it. And in all honestly it would have lasted a lot longer had I not tried to overstuff it with extra gear.

I think if it carries yor gear and rides well, its worth it.

Ive tried it on it fells pretty good could put nothing in it but the way the straps are set up I think it will fell just as good with full load as it does with nothing.

I've got one that looks just like this pack that is branded as Remington. I bought it 4 years ago at Wal-mart. It rides well and you can carry quite a bit of stuff. However, after 2 hunting trip and a hiking/camping trip the bottom already has a couple of small holes and one of the compression straps across the back ripped off. I used it again this year as my day pack on a 5 day elk (the packs 3nd hunting trip), and I haven't noticed any new damage.

It may end up holding up in the long term, but I'm going to look for a higher quality pack if I get drawn for hunts this coming year. I might keep this one around just to use for storing hunting gear during the off season.

Back