• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
unsurprisingly, Ca. Senator Dianne Feinstein to introduce bills in the house and senate after the Christmas break is over.

Not hypothetical, from her own mouth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 11477.html

Edit to add Obama's address:
(PS I made sure I clicked the dislike tab)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ-wskkuqGU[/youtube]

I wanted to update the original post to list several bills that have been submitted since the start of the 113th Congress a few days ago.

Not all of these have the specific text available yet, but each has been submitted with the corresponding bill numbers.

Not all of them have the specific text of the bills in the computer yet, but here's some of what has been submitted to the house since the start of the year.

H.R.21 -- NRA Members' Gun Safety Act of 2013
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.21:

HR.34
Latest Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D ... BSS;c=113|

H.R.65 -- Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act of 2013
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.65:

H.R.72
Latest Title: To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes.

H.R.93
Latest Title: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to restrict the ability of a person whose Federal license to import, manufacture, or deal in firearms has been revoked, whose application to renew such a license has been denied, or who has received a license revocation or renewal denial notice, to transfer business inventory firearms, and for other purposes.

H.R.137
Latest Title: To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

H.R.141
Latest Title: To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

H.R.133
Latest Title: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

H.R.138
Latest Title: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

H.R.142
Latest Title: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

Good thing she only wants to ban clips and not magazines.

Ok, sorry, that's not funny. After the school shooting, who's gonna oppose it? Who can stand and say it won't save lives? Who can tell the parents and surviving loved ones of this attack and recent others that a ban won't save the lives of others?

These attacks, murders, will be politicized to further an agenda when, truth is, its what they've wanted all along but lacked the "reason" for others to get behind.

I'm not shoked, just still reeling from the school shooting and I hate that its gonna be used for this purpose.

Hey John A. !!

Just wanted to stop by and hijack your thread by saying that Doc made the right decision to pick you as a Global Moderator...

CONGRATS !!!!...and Welcome to the Club !!!

Now get your butt over to the other sister sites and help me out...will ya ?!!

...OK, back to our regularly scheduled discussion on Ms. Fienstein ( no good... mumble, mumble... ) :mrgreen:

Honestly I'm not sure which I find more disgusting at this point, the person or people who would kill innocent women and children or the politicians, talk show hosts and celebrities who would use those same innocents to further their political beliefs and agendas.

Rossignol said:
Good thing she only wants to ban clips and not magazines.

And bullets. None of my magazines or clips hold bullets.

But the humor I find in her syntax does not detract from the seriousness of the proposed ban. I hope that it will gain no traction but given the events of late, i don't know.

Another "assault weapon" ban will not stop one thing and they know it. Even the leftists knew the'94 ban wouldn't stop anything. It was viewed as a starting point for the goal of a true ban and mandatory turn ins/confiscations at a later period. All they have to do is get the first ban in, at some point we will have another mass shooting and then it will be "well the first one obviously didn't go far enough, we need more".

This isn't about stopping carnage like in CT. It's about disarming the populace. No law written in DC or state capital will stop someone hell bound and determined to commit evil. If they don't care if they live or die, no law will stop them.

Honestly I'm not sure which I find more disgusting at this point, the person or people who would kill innocent women and children or the politicians, talk show hosts and celebrities who would use those same innocents to further their political beliefs and agendas.
The people using this to advance a political agenda against the Constitution are not much better than the crazy killer.

And so it goes, I had to shut my computer off before I introduced it to gunfire. The online comment sections on some of these article from the Atlantic and Huffington Post are outrageous to say the least. Talk of how the 2nd Amendment needs to be stripped, its old and outdated etc etc....I don't know what to make of some of these crayon eaters. Well you talk too much about your views so lets get rid of the First Amendment since its old and outdated as well. What I find even more revolting and in a way humorous are the comments from people in the UK, Canada and Mexico... something about the pot calling the kettle black comes to mind, seeing as how Mexico is damn near in full war with heavily armed drug cartels....

Never let a tragedy go to waste, and that quote you mentioned pretty much solidifies the mantra of the far left. Get people react with hatred and emotion rather than clear headed facts and common sense.

Comrade Feinstein has doing a bang up job for the gun and ammo manufacturers. Our local shop has already sold out of all MagPul magazines and they don't know when they'll get more. All that is left is Bushmaster 20 rd mags. Gun sales are going thru the roof. The gun show this past weekend has record turnouts. Ammo was zipping out the doors. People that gave no thought of buying a gun before are now buying just because they may be banned. Isn't free enterprise grand?

I think something so overlooked are how many violent crimes are stopped by lawfully possesed firearms to curtail into a point you made above.

Another pondering;
How many die yearly in traffic accidents?
How many die yearly due to alcohol?
Prohibition didn't work so well, but drinking and driving is still very much against the law.

American Guns cancelled? Any formal statement as to why?

Edit - Rossignol beat me to it!

American Guns cancelled? Any formal statement as to why?
They are in LA and they caved to these kind of people on an anti Facebook campaign:
“I know you all have to make money but would Discovery Channel PLEASE consider ceasing to broadcast the show in the U.K.? Sadly your program makes buying/owning guns seem fun, glamorous, even normal,” wrote one. Another tweeted, “Dear Discovery Channel: it’s not appropriate showing the program American Guns now!” Another weighed in: “With Discovery shows like 'Sons of Guns', 'American Guns', 'Ted Nugent's Gun Country' etc it's not surprising how guns r seen as acceptable.”
I have a helluva good time when I buy a gun and find it very normal. I don't think of it as glamorous though. Somrthing must be wrong with me.

Another pondering:
Obama stood and faked his tears for these kids last Friday. This is the same guy that as a state rep. voted for late term (think the baby could live on it's own). He went so far as to vote that if somehow the baby survives the abortion attempt and is born alive that doctors should be under no obligation to help it. If someone wants the documentation on this, let me know or Google Obama's abortion record.

Apparently only the federal government is capable of defending us from ourselves, according to Conn.Gov. Dannel P. Malloy:

“We could be compliant with the previous assault-weapons ban limitation by going from a 30 magazine to a 10 magazine,” Mr. Malloy said at a news conference in Hartford. “I think that is a common-sense piece of legislation that can be taken up in the next session.”

But Mr. Malloy also said that “in the absence of a federal framework in which we limit really the explosive nature of the weapons and ammunition that’s used, no state would ever be safe based on simply its own laws.”

Since when is a federal law more secure than the same state law? I don't see Feds walking around enforcing their laws on a day to day.... at least yet. This makes me sick and a truly hope that the people of Conn. see that even they're own Gov. is taking advantage of this tragedy for his own agenda.

I hate whwn I hear the words common sense. Common sense is relative.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

MidwayUSA isn't listing AR mags on their site either.... Bad days are coming ladies and gents.

EDIT: May have jumped the gun on that. They aren't listed by gun make and model, but if you do a search for them on their site you can find them. They're all sold out for the most part though.

I know I just placed an order for mags a few minutes prior to them stopping; hopefully they fill the order.

It's getting weird out there. People are jumping at shadows. What the hell is wrong with these people. Are they really the offspring of those that founded the nation, built it up, won 2 world wars:
Haltom City and nearby Shannon Learning Center were both on lockdown for about an hour Tuesday morning.
Police said they initially received a report of a gun or gunfire near the school. A student had allegedly reported seeing a teenager fire a gun in the air. School administrators quickly confirmed that no shots were fired in the school and no one was injured.
It was as police continued their investigation, after the lockdown was cancelled, that a parent came forward and told police he may have caused the loud bang that was thought to be gunfire.
Birdville ISD spokesperson Mark Thomas quoted the man as saying, “My vehicle backfired at that time.”

I hope I'm wrong, I truly do... but I have a feeling that within the next 6 months we are going to see some kind of "Assault Weapons Ban" enforced. Either by a Congressional vote or by Executive Order. Probably the latter. All these companies that are moving ahead with disarming their inventories are just going to aid in the anti-gun fight. "Well if Wal-Mart thinks guns are evil, it must be true!" "If sporting good stores think that these rifles/guns aren't for 'sporting' purpose, it must be true!"

And the guys/gals on the far right spouting off that the government is behind these recent mass shootings in order to push their agenda aren't helping either. Black helicopters and conspiracy theories always work in the opposite of what they are intended to.

I think I need to stop reading/watching news for the rest of the day. This is just sad.

Back