• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

I'll be tuning in to see what the NRA and other related organizations are going to bring to the table this Friday. It will be interesting.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I think I need to stop reading/watching news for the rest of the day. This is just sad.

I've given up on the news... I hate all the lying and exaggeration to push their liberal agenda.

I definitely think we will be seeing some form of "assault weapons" ban in the VERY near future. Unfortunately I think what we will be confronted with will be far more invasive than the 1994 Bill. I can very easily see large numbers of semi-automatic firearms being given Class III status with no grandfathered transferability. With the AR-15 being the piece du jour for the anti's. I wouldn't be surprised to see production of new .223 brought to a halt......possibly even reclassification of existing rounds to destructive devices. Point is.....I definitely don't think the Government is going to play fair this time around. The D.C. microminds are fully aware of the fact that this country has finally hit the tipping point and 52% of the population will go along with anything they say, with no protest at all.

As far as the current pricing and unavailability of certain things go right now......We all remember what happened to mag prices following the 94 ban. Some people are buying them up to have and others are buying them up with the view of them being an "investment". Some of the retailers that have jumped ship already really do surprise me....others not so much. I'm expecting Wal-Mart to drop gun sales pretty quick and also to see a lot of the online dealers start to deplete their inventories to nothing......no business wants to get stuck with inventory that they can't sell.

I will be curious to see what the NRA does. Either way its going to get ugly, the far left is going to label anyone who stands against them as "child killers" and the media will be all too glad to help them right along.

Obama says he is actively supporting the idea of an assault weapons ban, but wants something more comprehensive.

Dicks Sporting Goods pulled "modern sport rifles" and AR variants nationwide and Walmart has pulled the BushMaster.

I don't see this cooling off soon, as has been said, they're lookin to keep it fresh and exploit it while its raw in our memories.

From what I read WalMart only pulled the Bushmaster off of their website, but the rifles remain in stores. Dick's made a political statement by removing their "modern sport rifles and AR variants" from their shelves, but the only semi-auto rifles I've EVER seen in their stores have been one or two camo Remintgton R-15 hunters at a time. They get to save face by doing so, but it's a very small percentage of what they sell...

The left has learned a lot about controlling public opinion after the last 5 years. The media will definitely try and keep this fresh, say outrageous things and out right lies will spew out. They know they have a chance and they know they must keep it an emotional issue. They will not miss a chance to take advantage of a crisis, DC never does.

rjpoog1989 said:
Sn3aKyGuY said:
I think I need to stop reading/watching news for the rest of the day. This is just sad.

I've given up on the news... I hate all the lying and exaggeration to push their liberal agenda.[/qu

.........nothing much said about how the mother was trying to get him committed.......how she couldn't
handle him........how he stole the weapons.........goes on and on........
the usual bull chit from the liberal news media......and the political correct BS.

i hear on local radio where one principle was going to have an legely armed teacher in the school and would not disclose who.

Is anyone else watching BHO on the news? He is using the tragedy too his agenda. Pig... He only discussed how many people have been killed in shootings since Friday... Never once said how many crimes were deterred or stopped by legal gun owners... I am becoming sick of this countries leaders.

"I am prepared to do many VERY HARD things too get to a compromise..."
Is it still compromise if he plays hard ball and goes over congress?

"By the end of January." That tells me he already has quite a few ideas in the works that he plans on "pushing through" without approval from congress to make the United States of America more like Obama's States of America. And another point I agree with in the video clip posted is that he/they are going to use the Fiscal Cliff talks as a smoke screen to blind people from what's going on. We're going to see reduced coverage (not that it'll be correct anyways) of this "non-Washington Commission". And I want to know what "outside organizations" are going to be part of this commission. The Brady Campaign? Gov. Against Gun Violence (or whatever they're calling themselves today)? Hopefully the NRA or Gun Owners of America get in to the mix, but that wouldn't serve BHO's agenda so we'll see....

NRA is already planning a Meeting on Friday. There was a big press release, but they haven't released what they are going to discuss. I am eager too hear! CREDO or whatever they are, are marching on their Offices in DC tomorrow morning.. :eek:

I am sure NRA will be on top of this, regardless of whatever smoke screen they try to pull out.

I'm anxious to hear from the NRA too.

Is anyone else thinking the Republicans had better stay in DC over Christmas in case they try and ram some gun laws through in the middle of the night?...not to mention the fiscal cliff too.

I don't trust the NRA.

I know there are many likeminded people there, but the vast majority of them are fudds, and will throw us under the bus in a heartbeat.

They've proved that over and over again.

John A. said:
I don't trust the NRA.

I know there are many likeminded people there, but the vast majority of them are fudds, and will throw us under the bus in a heartbeat.

They've proved that over and over again.

Examples? I only ask because I am new to following every move made by anyone and I haven't heard of any of their fails.. lately they seem pretty good. They are really all we have between us the feds

They "compromised" back in '86 when the machinegun ban was "voted" in, even though the footage of the event is clearly against it. Nothing but the sound of crickets, even though they have one of the largest collections on the planet.

Back in '94 with the clinton AWB, the NRA said it was a compromise.

I don't compromise my rights with anyone.

That's why I like GOA better.

I haven't really looked into GOA. My uncle got me started with the NRA and that is kind of where my Allegiance stands today... I will have to investigate the GOA and looking further into the NRA. I am sure the near future is going to make everybody look at who they are standing behind and paying dues too

Larry Pratt, Gun Owners of America went into the devil's den this week to discuss gun control with Piers Morgan on CNN. Pratt gives well thought out opinions and doesn't bite on Morgan's insults. At the end though he does tell him his idle growing up must have been Neville Chamberlain, the Brit WW2 leader that appeased the Nazi'sbefore Churchill.

I would agree that the GOA would be less likely than the NRA to compromise.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...believably-stupid-dangerous-you#ixzz2FVObHNAH

The lib anti gun campain seems to be keep the emotions high and insult the enemy. The are following the election playbook.

I strongly recommend looking at the GOA.

I tell you what, go to their website and sign up for their email alerts. You don't have to become a member for that, but will give you an idea of how deeply they care and what they are doing. It's under their take action tab at the top of the page. Then make your own decision.

http://gunowners.org/

Thanks JohnA...I'll get those updates.

Here's a quote from Piers Morgan. He makes me sick. He can go to &%$# too.

This morning on Twitter, CNN's Piers Morgan answered "of course I am, you moron" when asked if he was "gleeful that a tragedy happened to help you push your cause."

There's no doubt that the "tragedy" referenced is the horrific Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that occurred last Friday, and that the "cause" is gun control:

Back