• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500"

Got the Specter on my 590 :D and like it alot! But since I've got her looking old-school, I'd like a sling to match the gun. I'm just weary of ordering a 1903 style leather sling not having tried it... although all the "expert" snipers I've seen on YouTube use them :D And of course I'd be happy to give Brad some of my business!

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500"

The 1907 is a tool, some of the old stuff is still hard to beat. The only thing I don’t care for is how slick the leather is when lung over your shoulder, especially with synthetic material like fleece and such
http://carnival.saysuncle.com/001086.html

What's your favorite modification to your 500??

I figure it's self explanatory but if not...

What is YOUR favorite modification or addition you have done to your 500?
(590's welcome too as most accessories are interchangeable)

Personally, I must say that my favorite addition too my M500 is the Mesa Tactical 6 shot side saddle. It is the only accessory I still have on my 500 and will probably never be removed :)

DSC00805.jpg

Saddle.jpg

Re: What's your favorite modification to your 500??

Paint.
Sponge Paint Camo.
Its on 2 of my 4 500's

155257_4184485444684_104047669_n.jpg

540999_4184485804693_1954132671_n.jpg

557691_4184486004698_1954547510_n.jpg

Excellent Job indeed! No messing around there! :D
I noticed the upgraded safety, how is that working out for you?

(I hooked you up with photos :D)

Thanks but you missed the Photos of Bubba Jr.....LOL!
Love the safety so much that Jr. has one as well.

haha they were the first few I found :p Didn't want to flood with pictures just yet ;)
I am glad the safety has worked out for you! I am sure we will, hopefully, see more like it! :D

590 and it was the Hogue short LOP stock and forend. Shooting it when it didn't fit me right was not good.

Williams Fire Sights. Actually that's my only upgrade. LOL

MikeD said:

Ooooh! On what barrel? Rifle/Iron sights are awesome! :p

carbinemike said:
590 and it was the Hogue short LOP stock and forend. Shooting it when it didn't fit me right was not good.

+1 on the Hogue Forend but I cannot agree on the 12" LOP haha... I got my world rocked by that stock! :D

oli700 said:
Vang Comp

The whole works? Just Porting? Just GRS? :p I'm nosey :D

the VCS barrel....I have the safety too and its nice as well.

LTB45 said:
Paint.
Sponge Paint Camo.
Its on 2 of my 4 500's

155257_4184485444684_104047669_n.jpg

540999_4184485804693_1954132671_n.jpg

557691_4184486004698_1954547510_n.jpg

great job LTB,,looks great.

Itsricmo said:
Sweet :) Does that back-bore work they do help with recoil?
I think it does help a lot. All full house loads feel much less abrupt in recoil. Patterns 00B much better, slugs are the same but less felt recoil. Don’t care to use Federal Flight Control in it. Being how it has the FC wad and its already low recoil I don’t see or feel any real change using the VC barrel. The other 99% of shotgun ammo out there works better in the VCS barrel than in a stock barrel. One of the things I really like is that it does take the edge off of full boat loads so you get the benefit of lower felt recoil but retain the velocity of the faster payload. I like the idea of low recoil ammo but let’s face it low recoil = lower killing power.

Itsricmo said:
MikeD said:

Ooooh! On what barrel? Rifle/Iron sights are awesome! :p

It's a 22" 20ga turkey barrel I picked up from a guy on a another forum.

500c_firesightsd_003.jpg

500c_firesightsd_002.jpg

500c_firesightsd_001.jpg

Shortly after I got my awesome Chainsaw, I mounted up the UTG LED light/laser. Very accurate now and the light is great. Good thing I bought this weapon right before the election as they are probably all sold out everywhere now. My dealer had a hard time even keeping them in stock before the panic.

8200578403_b424e4fcb9_z.jpg

Oil, good stuff! I like the porting they do too but boy oh boy is it expensive for just "some holes" ;) bwah hahaha just kiddin I know there is some secret voodoo put into doing that stuff :p

MikeD, how's low light illumination? I had some, very little, but some trouble with my Truglo when sitting under a pine tree this year. It seemed that the light around me wasn't bright enough. But if I got closer to the outside of the pine tree the light was strong enough.. It was weird

Guntoter, AWESOME!! I love it haha.. I played with that for a long time at the NRA Three Rivers of Freedom in Pittsburgh last year. I think the Mossberg, Ithaca and Kriss stands were my favorite :)

Back