• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Something Going On ?

I'm a fan of Buds and GOG... decent prices and quick processing. GOG is sometimes pretty limited with their stock... but the big selling items (like 500's, Glocks and so forth) are usually there in plenty. If the my local retailers weren't close to $200 more on most guns (excluding Wallyworld) I'd be sending more business that way. I've never liked CTD, and that was only because they never had fair shipping prices, now I have a good excuse to stay way clear. For good accessories I got to Primary Arms, which I believe is out of central Texas.

I saw $60 for a Pmag and almost vomited! It made me sick for the shooters, like you guys, who actually have rifles that use them! I am glad they came back down a little bit.. but CTD will surely pay for their decisions and it will be lasting. Dick's is getting slammed just as well for ceasing too sell AR and AK variants in any caliber. Sports Academy too and I heard about Cabelas but I never did find anything.

AK, you mentioned something that struck a cord with me... "never had fair shipping prices"... You are so right!! I had my 18.5" barrel shipped in a 5 foot tall box that was a square foot. That was just the barrel. I think they play games with shipping to get their money out of you for what some lower prices they do have.

EDIT: GOG = Gallery of Guns?

My buddy told me Cabela's had stopped sales as well but I could not find anything on their site or anywhere else confirming this.
My cousin emailed me at lunch today from PA Cabelas. 30 in line at the gun counter and 15 more filling out paper work and waiting for the check. He thought the prices were the same as before CT.

I never plan to buy anything from them again.
Same here JohnA.

aksavanaman said:
For good accessories I got to Primary Arms, which I believe is out of central Texas.
PA is top shelf. Their customer service is in the top three of any company I have ever dealt with in or outside of the firearms industry

GOG= Gallery of Guns :D Pretty sure they're out of Arizona. And yes, I highly appreciate companies that give me options with shipping. Living on an Island in the Gulf of Alaska makes getting stuff here a little harder. That's why USPS is our best friend. A+ on flat rate boxes :) and when a company (like Primary Arms) gives me options that save money, I'll be happy to give them my business. I've been thinking a lot about the possible outcomes. Let's say there was a complete ban on high capacity mags or AR15 type rifles... no grandfather clause either. You know how many good Americans would loose their jobs? Or some of those ma&pa stores that can't compete with large chains or don't have Gov't contracts.

AK,

Great point on the loss of jobs. That is something I do not believe they plan for. Not do they really care, so long their agenda is met and they make their pay check at the end of the week. I just watched Piers Morgan insult every Civilian and Ex Military/Police Sheepdog by saying we are the danger too society. That we have no need to have a pistol too defend another person... I wanted to vomit.

Jobs or not, it will be done. It was done for less before. I have used the jobs argument before but for the entire firearms industry, if everyone at Magpul, Tapco,ect who makes mags loses their jobs, makes no difference to the government. Now if you start putting Ruger or Colt out of business then that’s getting ballsy, and all the folks will who make quality mags will retain their jobs because the militaries around the world will still need HC mags ....Colt, Mec Gar and the likes will still pump out the mags, you just wont be allowed to buy them

OK that’s what they are asking……on the other hand if you scroll down there is 2 and there are 26 bids …..up to $109. I actually think it’s funny someone is panicked enough to pay that lol……I hate to say it but gun owners can be the biggest sheep in the world! losers!!!

Went into Sportsman’s yesterday for a little powder, place was empty about 10 min after they opened. I noticed a lone pack of 1000 CCI small rifle primers…..I bought it and it cant be for any better reason then my own little panic grab ” I better get those”………”let me get those too” ……..I ended up leaving with 100 bucks in powder and a couple thousand primers…….felt like I was growing wool so I left.
By that time you couldnt see the gun counter through all the temporary gun owners

I have to admit that I made an impulse purchase. It was a key part for something that I had been planning for a while but have now accellerated fulfillment of the parts list.

I am not going to pay inflated prices for said parts, but I will now grab them when I see them rather than waiting. :D

I had some extra cash and bought a case of 12 GA hornady SST's. It's only 100 rounds and I'll use them anyway. But I wouldn't normally have bought a whole case. I guess none of us are truely immune...

Paul

Spoke with my insider at Walmart today. Walmart WILL NOT be pulling any types of firearms. All firearms available through Walmart will remain available and put back on shelves if pulled at all. They are continuing to sell out of all semi-auto .223/5.56 rifles of all kinds, as soon as they come in and are stocked.

^ Correct,

In their official press release WalMart only mention pulling the Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman's Carbine from their website, which they honored...

WalMart: Bushmaster M4A3 .223 REM 16" Patrolman's Carbine

Same thing with Dick's Sporting Goods.

They removed "all modern semi-automatic" rifles from their stores nationwide. You know what that included? The Remington R-15 Hunter, that's it. I've never seen more than two at a time in any DSG store across the country. They're still selling any and all remaining firearms and ammunition in all stores with the exception of locations in the immediate vacinity of Newtown, PA...

I don't shop at Dick's or Walmart anyway. Cheaper than dirt, I'm not surprised, but I won't be going back there anymore either.

There has been a huge rush on shooting supplies. My two local sporting goods stores, don't have anything .223 or .308 available. All sold out. I am awaiting a back order date of January 31st, for my case of 12 gauge slugs. The 600 rounds of .223 are simply back-ordered, no date to even look forward too.

MikeD said:
I have to admit that I made an impulse purchase. It was a key part for something that I had been planning for a while but have now accellerated fulfillment of the parts list.

I am not going to pay inflated prices for said parts, but I will now grab them when I see them rather than waiting. :D

Yeah its a little frustrating just trying to work on little projects I had going now.

Thought this was amusing/depressing/pathetic/hilarious/made me pour another Weller's Reserve/....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-10-New-Seal ... 337eb378b5

Brownells, the world's largest supplier of firearms, has reportedly sold three-and-a-half years worth of magazines in just seventy-two hours.

Brownells CEO said:

"I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if I can. First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation... with magazines being 'In-Stock' and back-ordered moments later... [The] demand for magazines actually exceeded the ability for the system to keep up with the volume that was being ordered."

"To shed some more light on the magazine situation at present, it really has been unprecedented in the last 5 days. During a roughly 72 hour period...we sold the 'average demand' equivalent of about 3.5 years worth of PMAGS, and an even greater amount of our Brownells magazines."

Those high capacity magazines have reached the point of being looked at as investments. I believe many folks are buying them that don't even have a firearm that uses the magazine and have no intention of buying a firearm that will use that magazine! When the day comes that they resell the magazine, it will likely still be in it's original packaging. Take care. Tom Worthington.

My local lgs says he has to order by october for all he is selling for the next year otherwise he gets nothing. Most likely inventories are sold out. A friend wasn't in the market but bought 2 ar's jic. So many more on the same boat. Guess I bought mine just in the nic of time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Back