• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide?

Thanks for posting Bryan. That is another good article. I just finished the article in the other thread too. I wish the anti gunners would listen to logic. They seem to want nothing to do with it.

By the way, not to hijack the thread, but stuff I heard from you first on Benghazi all seems to be dribbling out as true. Keep up the good posts!

Thanks for the post. I only got to page 12, but I will finish the article. Got side tracked with the media's discussion of the NRA's suggestion. Seems to only be getting worse. IDK..
Thanks for the post...

Its tryin to make me download it which my phone won't do. Is there a direct link or any way to post it here?

Nitelord, make sure to read the whole thing. Research like this and articles like the last one I posted are what we need right now, not finger pointing and wild-eyed lobbyists. The media responded predictably to what the NRA predictably said yesterday. Remember, the is Wayne "my cold dead hands" LaPierre. I don't find him to be the best spokesman for us right now.

We need facts and not sensationalism or emotionalism. Facts win the middle over. We're not going to win the extremists, but if the facts show that the extremists are wrong (and the facts do), the extremists will lose. Fighting emotion with emotion does nothing for our cause. Mr. LaPierre should have gotten up and cited facts like mass shootings only account for less than 2% of all murder, or that while certain bans may make sense, mass shootings like Virginia Tech or Columbine would have, and have, occurred. Instead, he tried the blame shifting game and pointed the finger at someone else. And while he may be correct, he just comes off looking childish. That's just my 2¢.

Bryan, that did it man, thanks for the help, I owe ya a rep but can't do it yet. Thanks! Ill def read it and I have some other stuff to add to this when I'm able!

Back