• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

Just ordered one fromHavlin Sales for $16 shipped. Either I'm gonna feel really dumb because someone has already tried this and failed... or if I'm lucky and it works I'll have to patent my process and sell it 75% of MO looking for this :lol: :lol: I'll let you guys know how it works out!

I'll follow this with some pics of the process but I think I should be able to pull it off. There is a bit of difference in size petween the two forends. The outer diameter of the action slide tube for the 12ga is 1 1/8" and the current diameter of the 20GA forend is just over 1". The two forends are the same length but there is a little bit of extra girth on the 12ga. I should have enough material to work with in order to mill the extra 1/8th of an inch. Instead of going the holesaw route, I think I'll stick to sanding since I can better control the amount of material I'm removing. 1" dowel and some 80 grit sand paper...I should be in buisness!

One hour, 2 failed jerry-rigged attempts, a package of sand paper, a $16 20ga forend.... a band aid and a blister later:

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was close fellas! but I guess I put a little to much pressure on it as I was trying to free the dowel I was using.... lesson learned.... 20ga forend might work...but probably not :D

I have had wooden forearms that were made for the 7 5/8 action tubes.
Since I was putting it on an action tube assy. that was 6 1/2, I had to use an extension nut.
The nut would not fit down into the forearm, so I used a door knob hole saw on the end of my drill to open up the first inch of the forearm.
I would think with some patience this method would work.

Hole saw was my first thought...maybe if I get bored I'll fork out another $16 and try it again. The issue is that the 20ga is between 1/8th and 1/4" smaller all around than the 12 which doesn't leave a lot of material to drill away, but I do think it can be done. Then of course you have to look at the durability of it...would one good blow to the forarm split it??? Food for thought

Oh man! I was hoping that it would be a success! I would have gone the holesaw route but than managed to remove my hand in the process haha...

I shoulda ordered two knowing this was going to happen :)

Is there an adapter nut to use a 7 3/4 forend on a 6 3/4 Action Slide Tube?

Thanks
Frank

It works Perfectly! It is mandatory to use on your short action if you want to use a hogue forend.
If you buy it, it will be money well spend!

Raptor Pistol Grip

i just ordered the raptor pistol grip by shockwave for my mossberg 500.

seems like this is the best pistol grip out for our guns. i will know for sure when i compare my normal pistol grip to this goose neck style.

heres a few videos of the pistol grip design on the 500 and 590.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW6TWrG6hhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUHAEvbf_I4

hickcock45 is a beast ^

i want to run this pistol grip with a chainsaw forend on one of my mossberg 500s. they look more boom stick like

let me know your guys opnions on the grip vs regular pistol grip

Re: Raptor Pistol Grip

from what ive read ,the birds head grip is a lot easier on your hand and wrist than the pistol grip.

Laser/Light options for JIC II

Hi all,

New to the forums and shotguns in general. I picked up the JIC II on sale for HD. I've added a forend strap and side saddle shotshell holder. I'm now looking for a decent laser or laser/light unit. I have done the searches but I'm a bit confused about what fits what. Apparently, according to some reviews and posts, not all 500s are created equal. Can anyone suggest an affordable (<$100 hopefully) solution that will fit my JIC (picture attached). Do I need to get a tac rail or will any barrel clamp on work?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Daf

Attachments

• JIC_II.jpg
    JIC_II.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 775
Re: Raptor Pistol Grip

some interesting reading on that site pertaining to the use of the Raptor pistol grip with a factory Mossberg 14" barrel on a pistol grip only Mossberg to make a shotgun 26.5 inches oal with no paperwork or tax stamps. Hmm...

Re: Laser/Light options for JIC II

You've got a wide variety of options here.....But since you stated you've already added a forend strap I'll assume you aren't really wanting to install an entirely new forend and the associated costs with your particular shotty (new slide tube). There are several companies that make clamp on rail systems that would work for what you are wanting, here is just one example http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/SCP-837

As far as choosing a laser and light you have an equally huge number of options, basically coming down to opinion and personal choice. Seeing as how you are wanting to stay under $100 I'll give you my opinion in that situation. :) I would skip the laser for now or save up until my budget was a bit larger. To pick up a light, laser and mount for under a hundred you will be picking up lower end pieces quality-wise. With this being a HD gun, 3am with a baddie in your hallway is a real bad time for a $50 "Made in China" flashlight/laser combo to crap out. Pick which mount you like and spend the remaining money in your budget on a quality light intended for weapons use. While I appreciate the usefullness of a laser on a handgun or a rifle, for a shotgun intended for HD a good light is WAY more important. Things that go bump in the night need a light shone on them to make sure you aren't shooting a loved one going for a midnight snack and for the most part, with a good weapon light on a shotty "If it's lit, It's hit".

If you really want both a light and laser I personally would look at something along this line http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/9-43039. Higher than your budget but they make quality pieces.

Fab defense AGM install

I cannot figure out how to install this folding stock with pistol grip. Anyone know how? I've googled, youtubed, etc.

The bolt for the existing pistol grip is larger than the bolt that comes withe
The stock. And the larger bolt won't fit.

Can anyone help? It seems like its supposed to be compatable

Re: Fab defense AGM install

I am assuming you have tried both bolts and you are trying to install it on the correct model 500.
Is there a possibility that your original stock bolt will fit??

Re: Laser/Light options for JIC II

Good info! Thank you very much! I'll start with the clamp on rail system.

Back