• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

LAZY EYED SNIPER,

i like the forend pic on your a1.
is that a afg1 or afg2 on there.
i want to get one for my flex 590 tactical forend, but dont know which one will fit on there correctly.
could you help me out here and let me know if one fits better, cause i want to get one for mine too.

looks awesome...... :cool:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That particular pic is my 590, but here's a pic of the same forend on my a1...

Fits like it was made for it...

oopps....forgot to add the quote to my msg....
yeah, that one here....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 pm
LAZY EYED SNIPER,

i like the forend pic on your a1.
is that a afg1 or afg2 on there.
i want to get one for my flex 590 tactical forend, but dont know which one will fit on there correctly.
could you help me out here and let me know if one fits better, cause i want to get one for mine too.

looks awesome......

The one in the pic is an AFG2, but it was quickly replaced with a gen 1 AFG after the first trip to the range.

The interior grip suface of the AFG2 is shorter and the hand stop on the end would bang the crap outta my knuckle with every shot. Hurt like hell with full power slugs. Hasn't happened once since I witched up to the original AFG. The original has a better/wider grip surface as well.

Here's a newer pic of the A1 with the AFG...

I run AFG2s on my carbines all day long, but for a shotgun I would highly recommend the original AFG over the AFG2...

Cool. I was looking at the afg1 for mine, then I ran across the afg2 and I was like great now I got to pick and they both looked the same to me. The afg2 looked smaller but I wasn't sure, plus the afg1 had the higher rails on it and I didn't know if that would cause a problem with anything.
So I shouldn't have no prob putting the afg1 on my flex 590?
Thank for the info. I really didn't want to order one and then realize I should of got the other one instead.

thanks L.E.S. for the good info.
the AFG1 it is, already have it on my wish list on amazon.....unless you know of a better deal?

stigmata said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nope,

That's a pretty good price...
:p
Thanks LES looks like I'll b getting the afg1 from amazon, best price I found yet....

finally ordered the AFG tonight, should be here after xmas, 27th or so, :mrgreen: not a bad price either from amazon, plus i got a few other items for my 590, wrench to remove the collapsable buttstock, a tactical shotgun book (looked interesting), and the top base rail.

Does Hogue make the 12" length of pull stock for the 500 series in OD Green? And if so, do they make a kit that includes the forend in the same color?

I see that they make an overmold stock and forend kit in OD green, however I do not think it was a 12" Length of pull stock that came in the kit, just the regular sized one.

I've seen the OD sets on their site, but they don't list any LOP specs. I'd give 'em a call and see what they have to say...

Hogue Inc.

800-GET-GRIP (438-4747) or 805-239-1440

Thanks for the number, I think I will call after the Holidays quiet down. I am safe in assuming that the hogue forend will fit a 590a1 correct? I know that the stock will fit the 590a1, but slightly unsure about the accompanying forend.

I've seen folks here install the Hogue forends on their 590a1, but if remember correctly it requires a sligh bit of modification. With the beefier barrel, a small amount of material needs to be removed from the forend to make it work...

Just wanted to post a cheap option to those who want a weapons mounted light to there forearm, that didn't want to pay the premium that GG&G is asking. All I did was order a short piece of picitinny rail from Magpul for 12.00 and took my frearm off and placed it in the vice at 35 degree angle and milled a slot long using a 5/8 endmill enough to mount the rail at .0950 deep. Then clearance holes for the rail mount. Just wanted to share a cheep alternative to GG&G 90.00 forend and at a better angle than there 90 degree mount which is not optimal.
iVSASh75ZJxzl.jpg

i9A36Mnw4iI9U.jpg

ixnw0MJSBUe8C.jpg

il6ZGeTROP40D.jpg

i9kC3fABoBDLa.jpg

Man KW you got some serious skills..... i Love your ideas and custom work.
Ever thought of opening your own SG custom/ modification business??
Ill definitely buy some of your items you make..... :D

Rossignol, I was curious reading through your posts about the ergo forend. This is the forend I'd like and was just curious about something. You already advised me that there is no problem with it on the A1. However, would there be an issue with length as I have the 6 shot? Would the forend be too long since the stock forend is right at the mag cap? I doubt it since I know it goes by the slide tube size but just wanted to make sure it didn't extend past the slide tube and hit the mag cap. Thanks.

Back