• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from Anti-gun, Left Coast

walterwhite

Copper BB
Yo,
From California.

Haven't done much with guns in a long time, two recent nearby burglaries, and one person attacked & killed near work, I am getting serious about home & personal defense. Since Brown/courts ordered 33,000 felons be release early, crime has gone up 6% -10%. Further many non violent felonies are no longer being charged as felonies, thus keeping criminals on the street.

Gun sales in Calif, are up 100% over last year, every gun store near me was out of my choices a Mossberg 18.5" Persuader/Cruiser 50521 and S&W 686P-3" and , as well as most popular weapons. So going online wasn't much better most online gun sales sites were out too, as well as most popular guns.

I got lucky though and found at Gunbroker a NIB Mossberg 50521 shotgun and S&W 686Plus - 3" I wanted, both for excellent pricing, priced low enough so that even after shipping, FFL fees, I'm still slightly under the local store price.

So anxiously awaiting the 50521 shotgun and 686. It has been a lot of years since my last use of a shotgun. I grew up hunting & shooting, did HS trap club, etc. After the military except a couple of years when I had a handgun but not shotgun, that was over 18 years ago. Thus I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the shotgun.

Looking forward to learning much from this forum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome from PA! You have found a great site. Good choices to get back into it too. It's a shame crime is one of the reasons driving gun sales. I believe I read of a California town where a councilman caught flack for telling people to arm themsevles in light of police cutbacks. Get familiar with your new guns and let us know how you like them (pics too!)

Welcome to MO, thank you for your service!

We'll be waiting anxiously with you to receive your firearms! We'll be waitin for those pics too! ;)

That 50521 is the 18 1/2" Persuader/Cruiser, yes?

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your new 500 when it arrives. We've got a dedicated S&W thread in our "Other Weapons" subforum so feel free to post up pics of your 686 as we'll. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome too the Very Pro-Gun Mossberg Owners, from PA!! :)
Sorry to hear about your most unfortunate series of events :/
I can speak very highly of my M500! Great firearm and has performed flawlessly! If you have ANY questions go ahead and ask, someone will have the information you are looking for!

-Rick

Howdy walterwhite and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please feel free to jump in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Welcome from MI and thank you for your service.

Re: RE: Hi from Anti-gun, Left Coast

Welcome from People's Republic of Kalifornistan. You're in good company

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

first out,,,,,thank you for your service......and welcome from NY.

Welcome from Texas. I too just started shoooting shotguns a lot. Now one of my favorite(mean) things to do is go to the range with friends or my son, and after they put their pistol targets up, I blow the target away with my shotgun. Gives them a new perspective on shotguns.

Back