• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I would play :mrgreen: a little before and after
a2f92e48.jpg

b1c29754.jpg

Dang man, that's super nice!

You said "spray paint", like literally rattle can or duracoat?

My LGS always gets the coolest stuff. Stopped in yesterday and one of the other regulars brought in a VERY early model Colt SP1 "slab-side" to put on consignment...

This thing is not only pristine, but has never been fired, still has the factory dowel rod in the barrel, and has two original 20 round mags. The shop hasn't heard back from Colt on the serial # dating yet, but the owner placed it somewhere in the '71-'72 range. I had to snap a pic 'cause it was just too cool not to share...

I've been wanting to build a retro'ish one like that for a long time now.

Only I want a 1:7 barrel, flat top but detachable handle in case I ever want/need to scope it for longer range accuracy and I do like the newer FA/deflector uppers.

KentuckyWindage said:
Rossignol said:
Dang man, that's super nice!

You said "spray paint", like literally rattle can or duracoat?

Just regular old Rattle can spray paint from Walmart. Best 6 dollars I have spent :lol:

WHOA! :eek:
Wouldn't see me doing that! haha I don't have the guts too :?
Excellent Job!!

Need your help. Santa has agreed to a new weapon, and AR. I was really looking at the Bushmaster M4 MOE. Then I came across the Precision Firearm Entry, http://www.precisionfirearms.com/38.html. It is built local and seem to have good specs, and both are at the same price point. I have heard good and bad about Bushmaster, but nothing but good about Precision. Instead of flipping a coin I though I would ask here.
Opinions please.

dave67 said:
Need your help. Santa has agreed to a new weapon, and AR. I was really looking at the Bushmaster M4 MOE. Then I came across the Precision Firearm Entry, http://www.precisionfirearms.com/38.html. It is built local and seem to have good specs, and both are at the same price point. I have heard good and bad about Bushmaster, but nothing but good about Precision. Instead of flipping a coin I though I would ask here.
Opinions please.

Dave,
For that amount of coin, I would rather have a Colt Magpul edition just my .02

dave67 said:
Thanks guys. I will keep looking around. I will check out the colt. I am not sure if there is dealer close.

I know it sounds wired but if you have a Walmart close they have have some of the lowest prices on colts.

I did 3 upgrades to my Sig M400. I installed the Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous charging handle. It seems to be a very well made, high quality part, and as I am a big fan of ambidextrous controls, it works very well on my rifle.
d72f024409545a3760d19eb25238f455_zps98276065.jpg

I also installed the Defense Package Ambi safety. It has a shorter right side lever and my trigger finger does not interfere with it as bad. Again, another well made, high quality part.
KGrHqRhwE9gyf5hrBBPiYhiDyQ60_12_zpsa448688c.jpg

And lastly, I installed a GG&G BUIS. Very nice sight that locks in place with a detent. Uses the standard A2 apeture so my Meprolight rear peep will work with it.
GGampGBUIS_zps20fabfbb.jpg

Sweet!

I've seen those Raptors around lately, but hadn't heard from anyone that's used one yet. Keep us posted on that DD safety too. I've started going back to the standard single safety on my ARs. I never use the right side and more often than not it just ends up get'n in the way...

Well decided to go from a red dot to an optic. I found a cheap one with over all good reviews. Its an Optisan 1-4X30 Mamba and it comes w/ a mount! Ill give an AAR after I get it. $150 + shipping. I got it from www.swafa.com

Sent from my DROIDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back