• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Cartridge stop issue

Take it apart and clean it. Inspect the cartridge stop and the cartridge interupter. Also check the spring and follower in the magazine. Just about the only things it could be.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

nasa said:
Take it apart and clean it. Inspect the cartridge stop and the cartridge interupter. Also check the spring and follower in the magazine. Just about the only things it could be.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
I have cleaned it several times and taken it apart and poked around in there....It looks like the elevator just doesn't move the cartridge stop enough...I have emailed Mossberg, waiting for response...thanks for the info...Kevin

Well, still waiting for a response (emailed DEC 27)..So I emailed them again today...I have called and get transfered on hold for over an hour and still no help....I am getting close to regretting my first Mossberg purchase...Kevin Crain

I hate to hear all this, my 88 is coming in this week. Almost makes me wish I'd paid a little more for the 500.

It's not just the Mav88.

There have been a few 500s and even 930s popping up on the site with the same issue. This is more than likely from a batch of parts that were installed slightly off spec. Removing the stopper and bending it back slightly has fixed the problem for most so far...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's not just the Mav88.

There have been a few 500s and even 930s popping up on the site with the same issue. This is more than likely from a batch of parts that were installed slightly off spec. Removing the stopper and bending it back slightly has fixed the problem for most so far...
I 'll try that, and maybe when i do get ahold of Mossberg they can send me a new one...

Starmanz1600 said:
Well, still waiting for a response (emailed DEC 27)..So I emailed them again today...I have called and get transfered on hold for over an hour and still no help....I am getting close to regretting my first Mossberg purchase...Kevin Crain

sorry to hear that Kevin. any update ?

I have never heard anything from Mossberg...I am going to bend the stop on my own, hopefully that will solve my problems....Really frustrated with this...Kevin

Did you e-mail or call?

I think the general e-mail on their website is pretty useless. Try this one...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe has agreed to help out with member issues here. Shoot him an e-mail and he should get you fixed up...

Thanks Sir, I emailed and called them......I emailed Joe....I hope this turns out for the better...I know it isn't a bid deal, but I just bought the darn thing and now I have to deal with this stuff....

It'd be a big deal for me.

I don't react too well to stuff I buy not being 100%. Keep us posted...

12 ga barrel has movement at the action

when you twist on the attached barrel of my 88 you can feel a little slack. this is a new gun but it's about like the old one i used to have. is this normal? do you guys get the same thing?

Re: 12 ga barrel has movement at the action

351 power said:
when you twist on the attached barrel of my 88 you can feel a little slack. this is a new gun but it's about like the old one i used to have. is this normal? do you guys get the same thing?

are you referring to holding the barrel on the shotgun and being able to twist it back and forth?
if that is it i would get in touch with mossberg.
(i just tried it on my 500a and there is no give at all.)

one other thing i would check is that the barrel is seated in the receiver correctly and the barrel lug is tight.

i would call mossberg. not a good place to have any kind of play.

Back