• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Just picked up my 500 yesterday from the Local shop and received my ATI stock earlier this week. Can't wait to get it started.

Stock options for Persuader?

Hi. I'm a newbie so bare with me... couldn't figure out if the info I'm seeing on the forums is what I'm looking for. I've been looking at a the first shotgun for HD for my wife and I, and handled a Persuader 20-gauge at a local store. I think this will be a good fit (literally) for my wife, and it's big enough for me until I decide to move to something larger. Question: Because it's a smaller gun with a smaller stock, will it still take all of the standard aftermarket stock options for other Mossbergs? If not, can anyone point me to options for replacing the standard (and small) shoulder stock? I'm thinking of getting a combination pistol grip/shoulder stock? Will all of the options listed in the following link work for this gun?

http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=655

Also, I noticed that the gun is tapped and drilled for optics. Anyone have suggestion for a basic sight that would add a bit more usefulness to the rudimentary gold bead on the barrel?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Stock options for Persuader?

Hi Tman, welcome to MO!

I believe any of the 500 stock will work on the 20 ga but will have some of the stock showing and sticking out a little around the edge or face that bolts up to the receiver. I couldn't say if the stock bolts are the same size or not.

My preference with Mossberg shotguns is a traditional stock but shorter than the factory 14" + length of pull which is the distance from the face of the trigger to the end of the stock. I've used Hogue short LOP stocks on mine but another option for the 20 ga would be to purchase a bantam or youth stock from OFM.

I honestly couldn't help any further with what stocks may work for you and ill have to defer to the experiences of others here.

Re: Mossberg 500 Series Safety Thread

I recently purchased a Mossberg 500 in .410 with pistol grip. Does anyone know if there is a folding stock available for this model? I assume a 12 gauge stock would be too wide?

The 12 LOP Hogue is a great stock. I don't the pistol grip on a shotgun so like Rossignal I will defer also.
I real like the Marbel Arms tritium sight. Works very well and a lot cheaper than a Big Dot.
DSC_0971.jpg

Welcome to the forums, Buffalo!
Too answer your question, my own personal experience of a 12ga stock on a 20ga receiver, yes it was a little wide. I do not know the dimensions of the .410 compared to the 20ga but I would say it would be too wide. Would work to my knowledge but the curves just wouldn't fit together and flow

I put the Bantam 12" LOP ordered directly from Mossberg on mine. Much lighter in weight and easier to swing up. It shortens the over all length which will make it easier to point around cover/concealment in your home. I am trying to locate someone to set the Ghost Ring sights on mine.

Any stock for a 500 should. Hogue makes a nice straight stock with a short LOP (12"). If you like pistol grips with straight stock, Choate makes a youth/body armor one with an 11 3/4" LOP but you would need to add a recoil pad to it as they don't come with one. If there are any local dealers that sell them you might be able to see how they feel in your wife's hand. Her being comfortable handling it will make her much more confident if the day ever comes when she might need to use it.

Just my thoughts.

Welcome to the Forums! Nice to see new members Everyday!

As far as a stock for your specific model, as stated, any 500 stock should work. There will be a little bit of overlapping material showing, but nothing that should hinder your capability with the firearm. Are you looking for any specific lengths or styles?

Re: Where to buy the "FLEX" Accessories

Welcome aboard!

I've seen Flex accessories for sale at my local Academy Sports...

I haven't been able to find any anywhere, not even on mossbergs website.
I am gonna call them tomorrow to find out and let you know.

But if anyone knows where some may be carried, I'd like go know too.... closest academy to me is over 300mi away.

stigmata said:
I haven't been able to find any anywhere, not even on mossbergs website.
I am gonna call them tomorrow to find out and let you know.

But if anyone knows where some may be carried, I'd like go know too.... closest academy to me is over 300mi away.

called yesterday but they had a 23 min wait and since i was working had to hang up after 5 min....
damn work thing got in the way :lol: but ill try again tomorrow..... :p

Hang in there with the timer on the phone.

It'll jump ahead every time another caller gets off the line. Last time I called it said 30 minute wait, but I had someone on the line in under ten minutes...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Hang in there with the timer on the phone.

It'll jump ahead every time another caller gets off the line. Last time I called it said 30 minute wait, but I had someone on the line in under ten minutes...

:cool: thats good to know.... will definetally hold on next time. :mrgreen:

Looking for camo stock.

I want to buy a camo stock for my 500 20g. Couldn't seem to find one on Mossberg website. Any point me in the right direct?

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Back