• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

A Winchester Super-X 3-1/2 inch #00 buckshot 18 pellet 1200 fps. The green are 3 inch Remington HyperSonic 1-1/8 oz of #2 1700 fps. Keep the magazine loaded with Winchester Super-X 2-3/4 #00 9 pellet 1325 fps. Magazine holds 10 each of the 2-3/4.

I will be mighty disappointed if I don't come home from the gun show this next weekend in Fort Worth with out a rifled barrel and a mess of sabots.

Still toying with the idea for putting an 835 magazine on the Maverick and getting an 835 24 inch rifled barrel and trading off the 18-1/2 cylinder bore barrel for an 18-1/2 inch cylinder bore for the 835. I know that the 3-1/2 inch chambered barrel on the Maverick will not be able to use 3-1/2 inch shells due to the receiver design but it will give me total versatility between two shotguns.

Re: Mossberg 835 with tactical stock

When I get home tonight I need to update my pix. I put different camo on the scope mount. Looks much better than stupid duct tape I had on it.

ripjack13 said:
and here it is with the red dot sight i won from mossbergowners.com!

pPw29l.jpg

How did you like that sight? I've been looking at that one for a while.

Fwe9Kl.jpg

hMl8wl.jpg

grxALl.jpg

there we go...see? much better than duct tape.....

Heck yeah! That looks way better than silver duct tape anyday! :D

it wasn't silver, it was the camo stuff... camo'd or not i didn't like the looks of it. not to mention it's edges would get sticky from the tapes glue...

:lol: I know it wasnt silver... youre silly!

I like the leafy stuff, besides it matches your suit way better too... and maybe your boxers.

Are you still thinking of my boxers Brad? You're silly. Hahahahahah...*insert sarcasm smilie here*

I took my 835 out this past weekend and laser bore sighted it in. I didn't have to adjust the scope much. Only 2 clicks up on the elevation. Boom! I did it early in the morning so I could see the laser. Man that laser is such a great investment!
I'd like to go out again this weekend and sight in my Saiga. Slugs for the yotes. It'd be nice if they offered a recoil reducing stock for it. But I'll just man up and use it the way it is. But with a limbsaver....

SWEET man! Is that the Bushnell sight?

Yes sir it is. I love that thing!

Thats great! I'm about to move mine to my rifle! If it works for a 12 ga. it shouldnt be an issue with a 556!

That 835 is a sweet lookin shotgun! Are you gonna be able to get in on spring turkey season?

I don't know if it would be good addition to a rifle. I would rather have a scope. The t on the red dot is kind of thick. So you you wouldn't be very accurate with it? Not to mention a scope is for distance.

I am going to be hunting this season for sure! I'm hopefully going to find the ginormous tom I saw last year. Woo he had to have been at least 50 lbs! And about 3' tall....I was driving down my road and spotted him with 2 small hens in a cornfeild of my neighbors. He's seen him too. Then again he's just so big would he taste good? But if I did get him I'd keep his tail for show! And pics of it would be shweet!

I'm def interested in seein you get that thing! Or leave him to sire more... Kinda a tough call sometimes. For the future of the birds, at least in my mind, it can make sense to leave the biggest and most successful sires so they can make more successful birds. Does that make sense?

I may go with a scope down the road, but the Bushnell is what I have for now, so we're gonna try it out, I wanna see if it co witnesses with my irons! ;)

I know exactly how you feel...who will lead them and teach them if you keep killing the ones who are in the know?
The African elephant has this very problem. Most of the elders have been poached or hunted leaving adolecents who know nothing of the old ways. Which way to go to find the water, food or whatever. Sad really.

I think I'll bring my camera and "shoot" a pic of him and I'll take a jake instead.

Yup, thats the delima. Even just to get him on camera would be awesome! Especially if youre the one able to call him in close enough!

Re: Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

nasa said:
A Winchester Super-X 3-1/2 inch #00 buckshot 18 pellet 1200 fps. The green are 3 inch Remington HyperSonic 1-1/8 oz of #2 1700 fps. Keep the magazine loaded with Winchester Super-X 2-3/4 #00 9 pellet 1325 fps. Magazine holds 10 each of the 2-3/4.

I will be mighty disappointed if I don't come home from the gun show this next weekend in Fort Worth with out a rifled barrel and a mess of sabots.

Still toying with the idea for putting an 835 magazine on the Maverick and getting an 835 24 inch rifled barrel and trading off the 18-1/2 cylinder bore barrel for an 18-1/2 inch cylinder bore for the 835. I know that the 3-1/2 inch chambered barrel on the Maverick will not be able to use 3-1/2 inch shells due to the receiver design but it will give me total versatility between two shotguns.

did you get a barrel? and whats the verdict on the maverick/835 ;) ?

I JUST bought my 835 (used) 24" 12ga. Have not shot it yet but will soon. First plan is a mag extender--I noticed NASA's extender and the support clamp. I love the look! If you don't mind me asking, which support clamp is that??

I don't know which picture you were looking at. I change her up almost as often as someone would change a babies diaper.

I used a modified trirail for a while but now I just use the clamp that came with the Choate mag extension and some Uncle Mikes hardware. She's just a bit lighter these days. You can get the clamp at midwayusa.com.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well today I got my 835, took it out and slung a couple 3" turkey loads out of it. Man I forgot the pop that sucker gives. Can you say hello LimbSaver???

I bought this used, and it only came with one choke a .670 so once I actually pattern it and not just shooting at some 2L bottles might save me $50 for the truglo bone collector I was looking at, especially seeing they are the same size.

Gun also has a 24" barrel so for what I bought it for....turkey hunting I dont think I went wrong and honestly the woodland camo is growing on me.

835_zpseece8268.jpg

Back