• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater

Wow, same guy that wouldn't help me with shipping my brand new failing SPX back for service. Sent it back on my own, somewhat out of frustration. Spotting a trend here.

ROGER IS A TOOL!!!!!! I called Mossberg (Maverick???) today to speak to Javier, No one answered the phone, even the operator didn't answer- I left voice mail. They never called back. I will report my experience with Roger if someone would answer the phone- I tried several numbers. I will try contacting the Mossberg rep. on this forum. This is really starting to get frustrating- Now I can't even speak to anyone.

Let me know if you get anywhere. I am still waiting for round two of my screws to show up since I am too dumb to know they don't fit. :)

I had one of the rail screws on my 930 SPX Blackwater go missing after an extended range session (one of the front screws). After an hour sweeping the range with a magnet I finally gave up. Because of other posters having issues with Mossberg's customer service, I emailed XS Sights Directly and informed them of the problem with their sights on my shotgun. In 4 days I had new screws for front and back. Awesome customer service. I've run XS Sights (formerly Ashley Express) on all my duty guns since 2000. Recomend them without reservation.

Good idea pmcrowe... Do you have any information on the specific sight you are using? I am willing to switch to get my issue solved. I am not surprised that I have not yet received any additional screws from them.

Crenim,

The process was super easy. I just emailed XS Sights and told them that the screw backed out of the rail on my 930 XPS Blackwater. 4 days later I had a bag of replacement screws that fit perfectly. Bo Wallace was my point of contact. bwallace@xssights.com.

I just emailed Bo and pleaded for help since Mossberg cannot seem to get this right. Thanks for that information. I will let you know how that goes.

Limbsaver

I just bought a 930 SPX and it's the first shotgun I've ever owned.
When breaking it in, does anyone ever throw a limbsaver on it?
The SPX really didn't like the Federal 7 1/2 shot I was putting through it. I kept getting failures to eject. Should I only shoot buckshot during the break-in period?

Re: Limbsaver

Strip it, clean it, oil it. Do not use low recoil ammo. Should work like a charm.

Re: Limbsaver

I run a Limbsaver on my 930 Tactical.

As long as I run ammo at 1200fps or greater, I'm good to go...

930 heat shield any one ?

thinking about getting a heat shield for my shotgun, i do run aimpro forearm so... but not sure if i want one of those plastic ones or a steel one, would like the steel one to be honest wonder if any one has tried this or not

Never got a reply from Bo, but I called them at 1-888-744-4880 and explained to them that I purchased a Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater that came with their sights and that Mossberg is too incompetent to give me the correct screws for it.

XS happily shipped me a set of 4 screws... The correct screws... AND... They came the next day. Mossberg could learn a few things from these guys.

A little blue loctite later and I am finally all set again.. almost two months from when I first called Mossberg.

NOTE: I still never received the second set of screws that I was too stupid to install from Mossberg.

Fixed:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 588

It's good to see that XS took care of you Crenim.

Just sad that Mossberg didn't make it right in the first place...

Re: 930 heat shield any one ?

I am not aware of any heat shields that work on the 930 other than the factory one that is welded onto the barrel.

mossberg 930 mods

Can anyone recommend a good mag tube extension for my shotgun?!? I want to get a +2 so I am at 6+1 and really do so damage. Also what else can I do to this gun? I already have a flash light and a NcStar red dot sight.

Re: mossberg 930 mods

I'm not 100% sure which model it is. I bought it used and all I know is that its a 930. I have been trying to nail down which 930 it is. Some help finding out exactly which 930 it is would be greatly appreciate as well. I plan on keeping it as a home defense but trying make it as close as a tactical as I can

Re: mossberg 930 mods

There are a ton of options for add-ons and upgrades.

Take a look through some of the sticky threads in this section and see if you get any ideas. Post a photo and we might be able to nail down which model you have...

Back