• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Raptor Pistol Grip

It's not Mossberg's job to verify legality, that falls to the buyer/owner.

In any case, I called from my LGS and the barrel is being shipped directly to them. The 14" barrels use the same lug position as the 18" models. My 590 is a 9-shot right now, so my conversion 5 round mag tube and spring are sit'n on top of the safe and ready to install once I can bring the barrel home...

As always... You learn something new everyday! :D
I would have never guessed that you could put a 14" on a 5 shot tube haha
Does that only work for the 590? (not that a $30 tube swap would hurt after the initial Form 1 cost)

Doesn't work with most model 500s due to the different style mag tube.

The exception of course would be the 500 models that have the heavy walled breacher barrels and use the 590 mag tubes. Due to this special 500 configuration, it would seem that most parts between the 500, 590, and 590a1 are fully interchangeable including barrels and mag tubes...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's not Mossberg's job to verify legality, that falls to the buyer/owner.

In any case, I called from my LGS and the barrel is being shipped directly to them. The 14" barrels use the same lug position as the 18" models. My 590 is a 9-shot right now, so my conversion 5 round mag tube and spring are sit'n on top of the safe and ready to install once I can bring the barrel home...

hey L.E.S. what holster are you going to use with that bad boy? :)

Vertical ForeGrip

Just bought my first shotgun. Mossberg 500 Tactical. I'm looking to put a picatinny rail with vertical foregrip on it. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Who sells them?

Figure one of these'll work... :D

Just kidd'n. With a Hogue 12" LOP the OAL will still be right at 32"...

Re: Mossberg 500 with L3 Insight Light

Hey swat, I too had problems figuring this one out. I eventually did though. First push of the switch is intermittent on, second push is constant on, and in constant mode do a quick double push and continue holding the switch. That is the only way it will stay in strobe mode. Hope this helps.

Re: Vertical ForeGrip

Guar,

This is kind of a tall order. There are many forends out there that have rails. A quick search on Amazon came up with quite a few.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... s=Mossberg Tactical Forend

The vertical fore grip is an even bigger order. Again I recomend a search on amazon. Once you have the railed forend, your options are only limited by your personal preference.

If you give us a little more info on the intended use, we may be able help you narrow your search.

I am going to be placing a Magpul AFG 1 fore grip that I received for Christmas on my gun when I get off shift.

Good Luck, and welcom aboard.

Frank

Hello and welcome aboard!

Make sure you wanna do this before you actually do it. Try holding your fist under your existing fore grip and simulate the pumping action. Though I really like the looks of a fore grip on a shotgun, the hand position is just awkward for me. I do use them on a couple of rifles though.

I guess I've shot plain ol' shotguns for so long and now that I've got a tactical shottie, I'm going to have to keep the fore end simple. I did upgrade it to a Hogue OverMolded grip though :)

If you're going to go through with it, Frank is right on the money!

Re: Mossberg 500 with L3 Insight Light

I don't have one of those type of forends, but am interested in learning more and seeing it.

I've replaced the forends and added forward grips on both my pump guns. I've got issues with my wrists that make dealing with recoil and supporting the weight of the weapon quite painful with the traditional forend grip. I run a Tapco short vertical grip on my 590...

This grip, used in conjunction with the rear pistol grip on my Blackhawk SpecOps stock allows for comfortable control over the weapon for extended periods of time.

On my 590a1, I run a Magpul AFG which offers a great middle-ground of a more traditional style hold that does not require a full break in the wrist. It might not be for everyone, but is very comfortable and suits my needs well. Part of setting up a weapon is to tailor the fit to you and you alone. You might end up trying a few different things before you find the right fit or feel...

Hmmm, I'm liking that AFG. Sitting here in my recliner and "simulating" the motion, it feels comfortable. (I just hope the neighbors aren't looking in the windows though :lol: )

^ Nice!

You'll also need to determine what type of forend you have and how easy/difficult it will be to replace. Some newer model 500s use a pinned forend instead of an action slide tube assembly. Even some models with action slide tubes will be different lengths. Here's a very helpful post by one of our own...

aksavanaman said:
This pictures shows a pinned forend (looking at the rear of the forend toward the receiver)
Maverick88forearm.jpg

This one shows a forend with an action slide tube and a tube nut that is clearly visible at the front of the forend.
Mossberg_500_forend_nut.jpg

Then of course you have to worry about the action slide tube length :D
mossbergforendvariation.jpg

Hope this helps!

If you have an action slide tube make sure to consider the length when shopping for aftermarket forends. They are not all made to fit the same length tube and some will come with spacers/adapters as needed. If your factory forend is pinned, you will need to purchase and install an action slide tube assembly of the correct length to match your desired aftermarket forend...

Yup,

The drop-leg rigs above are made to fit the Serbu Super Shorties and run about $150...

what type grip or stock are you going to use?

Back