• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Re: Mossberg 464 Scope rings

I sure did get it mounted. I am using a 4x fixed pentax scope, and love the setup. I will come back and post pics soon. I also leather wrapped the handle, u'll like it

Re: Scope Options Thread

71-3434 CABELA'S LEVER ACTION RIFLESCOPE 3-9X40M 30-30
Shot an 8-pt Buck at 284yrds by my Leupold range-finder with
Kwik-Site wide open rings, #KS-464

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464

andrew, is someone was interested in one of those picatinny rails, would you build them one??

d02901110 said:
Well here is my picatinny rail that I carved out thanks to your posts Andrew.

Man I like that!! who wants to build me a picatinny rail???

lateck said:
I am using the Weaver's... (403)
One reason there is no long one piece rail is that the Mossberg's ejection is like the Winchecter almost right out of the top. Un-like Marlins..... :cool:

I looked around (some ;) ) and did not find any long rails.....

Welcome, too.

Lateck,
Need a bigger image! Resize!

I forgot to mention that this specific Cabela scope is made in every flavor of Lever Action rifle, all models & calibers. Just pick the specific Hornady round of ammo and sight in the center at 100-yards & the 2nd lower peg is dead on at 200-yards & the 3rd at 300-yards.

The Mossberg 464 is specifically made for optimum use of these rounds...why shoot a flat-nosed standard round to limit your gun to 100-yards when you can shoot a 30-30 like a bolt action 30-06??

Awhile back, I was looking for a scope to complete my M44US(b) build. I was able to find the original mount and scope, but it wasn't what I wanted for this particular rifle. I wanted to get into precision .22 caliber competition...but I wanted to do it with an old skool rifle :)

I did have a budget in mind, and everything I found within my budget was 1/2 moa. Then I stumbled across the Simmons .44 mag (the name of the scope, not a "caliber". I know, odd huh?). I found it on Amazon (at the time) for $88 :eek: The scope has a host of features including side parallax adjustment and 1/8 moa. It also includes a sunshade.

It may not be what you're looking for, but even at today's price ($159), its right at your budget. I am so impressed with it considering the cost that I couldn't help but at least make a positive recommendation to you.

Here it is sitting on the ol' Mossy (with sunshade attached):

100_0470.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0463.jpg

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Optics and Mounts

Okay guys I haves couple quick detach scopes that I have for my AR. I want to use one of these on my SPX but I can't find a single picatinny rail mount.

Can someone help me? Are there other options for tactical scopes?

They call me Sharpie.....I leave permanent marks baby!!!

Re: SPX TACTICAL SCOPE?

Sharpie said:
Okay guys I haves couple quick detach scopes that I have for my AR. I want to use one of these on my SPX but I can't find a single picatinny rail mount.

Can someone help me? Are there other options for tactical scopes?

Maybe I'm missing something. What can't you find a rail mount for - the scope?

Does your SPX look like this?
IMGA0275.jpg

From a review: "A sling and a flashlight are the only things missing. You could add optics, but why?"

Do you want to use a 18.5" barrel tactical shotgun for hunting? IIRC the SPX is CYL bore with no choke options.

Got some pics and more details to go on. :mrgreen:

Yes, I cannot find a single rail for my SPX, the lever action 30-30, not the shotgun.

Unless you go custom made I think the best you're going to get with the 464 Spx is the weaver 403(x2) or a pair of kwiksites...

Thank you Landon. That's what I've been finding out...

I have contacted Evolution Gun Works about fabricating some. Ill let y'all know how that goes.

Scope pictures

Guys I'm having a hard time deciding on scopes and mounts.

Could you guys post pics of your 464 SPX with your setup?

Back