• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

PDX1 Defender Segmenting Slug

marv02

Has anyone used Winchester Ammunition The PDX1 Defender Segmenting Slug.

For Home defence they are claiming it breaks in to 3 pieces when hits the target which could be good but hows the penatration after hits it target in home defence is it like a normal slug keeps on going room to room or stops when hits the wall.

If you miss your target will go though walls like a normal slug or break up and stop or go room to room also.

I have purchased both typs the Dual load and the Slug was thinking of making my last 2 rounds a Slug then the dual load (Slug, Buck Shot) I know the dual load will go room to room but the last 2 round is when all else fails.

I seen Video's on the Dual Load as go's though wall to wall but will the Slug do the same.

I bought a box of those segmenting slugs also...basically out of curiousness. Don't think I'll ever load them for inside the home defense. I do buy into the concept of the buck over slug style for highly determined threats inside the house. Did you notice the info typed on the segmenting slug box? I get how the buck over slug PDX rounds could "kinda" compensate for aiming error, but it says the same thing on the segmenting slug box! Guess the thinking is that if you happen to only wing the threat in the shoulder, one of the segments will take a southerly detour and still stop the threat (?).

Haven't fired any of them (the segmenting ones, I've shot many of the buck/slug style), but when I do, I plan to checkout what they do during penetration. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I like to hear it from a normal Joe what they think about a item like on a fourm they will tell you how it is not caddy coat things.

I purchased a 590 it not here yet but I thinking starting out with 2 rounds of heavy #2 or 4 Bird shot I know about bird shot, Then 2 rounds of #0 Buck shot, to 2 rounds of Segmented slug, the last 2 would be the comb load of slug and buck shot.

I hear at 10 to 15 feet heavy bird shot can ruin there day but if they keep on comming at us I know they won't be getting very far as I start getting to the nasty rounds, if there's multi intruders in the home the ones that get the last rounds are not going to be happy campers.

Our house is set up I be firing away from the bedrooms but if the rounds do go though 1 wall let say 20 feet it has to go though out 2 car garage out the metal roll up door 30 feet or so the the next home behide up at least 50 yards next one 150 yards plus so I hope if I do miss or go's though the intruders it won't hit he other homes behide us or if I do the rounds willn't have enough energy to do anymore damage.

I going to teach my family if they hear the gun beening fired hit the ground and stay there.

Marc, that's the best plan. I've taught my. Iife and 4year old son to hit the floor and scoot as close to the bed as possible if they hear any shot in the house.

Back