• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: New 715T owner with a couple of questions.

It's not necessarily because you live in Ohio.

Laws vary by state, so Mossberg makes the non-adjustable version available for states that do not allow adjustable stocks. These models are available to any distributor or retailer across the country and sometimes they simply order whatever is availavle at the time. Your state may allow adjustable stocks, but by luck of the draw you ended up with a non-adjustable version because that's what your dealer ordered...

Took my new 715 w/handle out today for sighting in.3 shots to get the iron sights on target and 14 to get the TrueGlow red dot right.It performed flawlessly .I took it down and cleaned it beforehand.Hopefully I have 2 more 25rd clips inbound from Mossberg.I fed it CCI 36gr plated hollow points,and they seemed to work great in it.
Thanks to all on here for the great info that helped me to decide to bring this puppy home!Now the fun begins.

Glad to see she's runnin right fot ya!

Thanks for the range report and keep up the nice work. After a few hundred rounds of the CCI, she should be ready to run some cheaper bulk ammo...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Glad to see she's runnin right fot ya!

Thanks for the range report and keep up the nice work. After a few hundred rounds of the CCI, she should be ready to run some cheaper bulk ammo...
I forgot to mention,but I also took the magazine apart before using it to smooth up the joint where plastic meets metal.25 rounds went in pretty easy after that.

Have a question. New to forum ..I have the 715t. After the last shot is fired in a magazine I have to pull back on bolt to release magazine and release, is that normal, and is takedown hard?

Thanks!!!

I don't do guns either,but I just took both halves of the mag apart [screws],and made sure the transition of plastic to metal did not have a sharp edge.That seems to be where the red follower hangs a bit, and limits filling of the mag.The springs are alittle tricky getting back in.Hope you are enjoying your 715 as much as I am!
[I used a dremel tool to lightly match the edges]

1102adam said:
Have a question. New to forum ..I have the 715t. After the last shot is fired in a magazine I have to pull back on bolt to release magazine and release, is that normal, and is takedown hard?

Thanks!!!
Yep,the follower in the mag stops the bolt.You have to pull it all the way back and lock it in place by pushing in on the handle.Hope yours is working as smooth as mine does.Great little firearm!

Thanks so much , I noticed that you can just hold back on bolt and it will release . The direction book says total opposite though..lol. I did have a blast with it. Got it wed, done really good . I don't have the Allen keys in handle like the book shows too.. I think they need a updated version..

The allen head bolt near the grip is insde the housing,the book is alttle confusing on that point.There are a couple good video's on you-tube dealing with take-down.I am in no way a gun expert,but after watching one of them,I was able to easily take mine apart.[and put back together.LoL.]

Yeah I watched those videos. I do have the Phillips screws. But no Allen's it's all sealed solid . I am use to guns but revolvers and shotguns. Sorta new to semi automatics..

1102adam said:
Yeah I watched those videos. I do have the Phillips screws. But no Allen's it's all sealed solid . I am use to guns but revolvers and shotguns. Sorta new to semi automatics..
Did you get the one holding the stock tube to the reciever?It's larger that the rest.12 screws altogether.

Hello All,

Just got my 715t yesterday (Carry Handle Version). Paid $299 at Gander Mountain. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet but am looking to get out this week. Lots of good info on this site. Can't seem to find magazines anywhere but I guess that's the time we're in. Backordered a couple but no real expectation they'll be here any time soon.

Back