• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500A Rolling Thunder

jimmycrackcorn said:
What kind of light did you end up with? Kinda reminds me of a Fenix or Eagle-Tac AA series.? Am I close?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yeah jimmy it's a fenix ld20. used cross hand with my g23. i just put it on the mount for the picture. I'm still undecided on a light for the shotty. especially after the addition of the ATI stock. in my opinion the gun is now longer than it should be in a HD application. I think the stock is important so it stays but the "stabilizer" is....well not as important. I think I need to look for a shorter barrel. maybe a breacher??? not sure yet but this needs to be addressed before I choose a light. it's a work in progress.......

express said:
jimmycrackcorn said:
What kind of light did you end up with? Kinda reminds me of a Fenix or Eagle-Tac AA series.? Am I close?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yeah jimmy it's a fenix ld20. used cross hand with my g23. i just put it on the mount for the picture. I'm still undecided on a light for the shotty. especially after the addition of the ATI stock. in my opinion the gun is now longer than it should be in a HD application. I think the stock is important so it stays but the "stabilizer" is....well not as important. I think I need to look for a shorter barrel. maybe a breacher??? not sure yet but this needs to be addressed before I choose a light. it's a work in progress.......

Shit.. if your gunna be buying a new barrel I'd pick up one with a GRS Front..but that's just coming from someone who wished they didn't buy theirs without researching my options first. Bought it 10 years ago & have been wishing I had them since, but I ain't buying a new 590A1 barrel just so I can get them so I'm left with the whole optics & check weld scenario.. I think I'm just to picky. But your contemplating buying a new one for length reasons so maybe on top of lights, lasers, forends, stocks, tape switches, rails, slings, mounts & mag tube exts, you might want to toss that GRS idea around unless your happy with having a bead. I know that hitchkock45 dude on you tube is pretty surgical with a little ole bead!:evil:

On the other hand you could just get out the ole band saw. Not sure if that would be legal though, its not an area of my expertise. I know i wouldn't want to find out the hard way with the whole ''tell it to the judge'' scenario.:cry:

Haha.. I swear I only complicate things..;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Back