• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Jimmy I really don't remember if you can run it with the shorter bars. I don't think Dremelling will be the issue. You might actually have to change the action bar/spool out. With that, your light is going to be set back a little more than normal and you may end up with shadow from your mag tube and barrel in the throw of your light and right on your target.
I don't really know if you can do what you're asking about and I've never seen somebody try it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy I really don't remember if you can run it with the shorter bars. I don't think Dremelling will be the issue. You might actually have to change the action bar/spool out. With that, your light is going to be set back a little more than normal and you may end up with shadow from your mag tube and barrel in the throw of your light and right on your target.
I don't really know if you can do what you're asking about and I've never seen somebody try it.

Has anyone seen the new Mining light mounts? They now make a mount that clips on a gun barrel that holds a mining light head. Around here that is a great option due to the fact just about every one has 2 or 3 Wheat lights laying around. RR

I am using the UTG LED light and laser combo, LT-ELP38Q. Its a good working system and works great on my Chainsaw. You can get them for about $73 on Amazon. Made real good, great finish, fit great with a great quick release lever too.

8201671626_f2b915df8e_c.jpg

m24shooter said:

Dang... That's right.. It would be sitting further back creating a larger shadow. **POP** there goes my day dream!

Do you know what light model is in your SF forend? Is it an older unit that allows the bezel & head to come off for easy replacement of the pill/led? I'd really like to get one of these forends & be done with the metal forends, rails & lights because my rig is rather heavy with the thicker barrel & aftermarket stuff added on. The reason I ask about the light is because I already got a million SF interchangeable lights & I figure half of the $350-400 price tag on these is the light. I'd like to find a empty unit & place a nice warm tinted light in it.

You know what would be awesome (yup going out on a limb here)... If you had the time to unscrew the light and snap a few macros of how it goes in & out of the forend. Just so I could get a size reference of the light, its threads & its home inside the forend. That's only if u want to & have the time to get around to it. That would be awesome!

Thanks M24.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jimmy let me see what I can do. The lamp module is not the stock one and I don't remember the PN for it.
I'll try to get some pics for you.

nitesite said:
Well, guess I'm gonna play. This is my personal 590 50663 that I take to work with me and bring home at the end of the day.

ElZetta ZFL-M60-LF2R and ZSM-T mount. I carry the light on my belt and can mount it to my long gun and snug it down with a twist of a thumbscrew in three seconds. iPhone pics don't do it justice. Built tank tough and with a silky mil-spec finish. I'm really proud to own this marvel. I even had my name put on it!

590_Elzetta_1.jpg

590_Elzetta_2.jpg

590_Elzetta_3.jpg

If I ever win big in the lottery or something, I'm gonna hand out one of these lights to all my friends far and wide.

It

Is

Incredible

As soon as I've got $200 bucks to spare I'm buying this package from their website... looks like an incredible light, made in the U.S. and for a good price! I like my 4Sevens lights... but there's no easy way to mount them readily... plus this package looks like it was made for the 590!!!! Looks great! :cool:

m24shooter said:
Jimmy let me see what I can do. The lamp module is not the stock one and I don't remember the PN for it.
I'll try to get some pics for you.

M24..
I just had an epiffany..!
You know how we were talking about barrel shadows in the lights throw with trying to use a different size slide tube & forend? Well.. assuming the actual action bars are the same length on the 2 different slide tubes. Id say if I was able to install the 6-3/4 on my 18"bbl it would probably just as far back as running the 7-5/8 SF forend on 20"bbl. If you crunch the measuments from the light to the end of the barrel, my 18" running a 6-3/4" slide tube w/a 2cell light would probably cast a smaller shadow than a 20"bbl running its original 7-5/8 & a 2cell length SF forend. Does that make any since? I mean, When talking shadows from barrel in front of the light, I'm gunna be going back about a inch but I also got 2" less than the 20". Plus if i ran the oem mag tube setup without the Ext from Choate, that would probably free up some of the shadow concern because its the first thing the light starts casting a shadow off of. On the 20" you can't do that. Unless these forends are only intended for the 14"bbl where there's praticaly no bbl overhang. I'd have to say SF probably wouldn't sell them for other models or at the least put a disclaimer on the product page about beam profiles & bbl's.

Your input is always appreciated, what do you think, I think it could work. I preformed a quick mock up guessing where the 2cell light would land & It actually had less of a shadow than it has now running off the side of the forend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm looking at a Streamlight TLR-1 for my 464SPX. I had picked up a Wal-Mart China knockoff with a laser, but soon returned it. Every little bump threw off the laser and it ran on watch batteries instead of the 3V battery the light did. Plus it just felt cheap. I've reconsidered putting a laser on it. I just don't think it will be that useful.

oli, looks good there! How does the beam look at 50yrds? The cheapy I had actually threw a good beam out to about 150yrds, but just felt very cheap and fit was quite poor.

What is a good price for those? I let a sale go for $109 because I had heard they can be had for less than a hundred but don't know.

It shines good outside. Lights up trees and things 100 yards out but more of a flood type that far out. I have the “S” which has the strobe. I didn’t get it for the strobe but because the strobe model has more lumen output then the standard. Now that I have had it for a while I see absolutely no need for a brighter light on a weapon, in fact I would be quite happy with less lumens that the slightly cheaper non S model offers. In doors it’s on the verge of too bright for my taste.

I actually had it in y hunting pack and I got caught after sun set this year elk hunting. The light got me back to camp in an hour of darkness in woods that are dark at noon lol. I only used it intermittently and the batteries started to go as I was approaching camp but they weren’t fresh. At one point I had to leave it on for about 5 minutes to get through a bluff area and the light got very hot.

Got mine when the “s” came out for a little over 100 bucks, the non S goes for just a tough under 100 bucks

The TLR-1 light is by far the best $100 weapon light on the market. Second place lights are distant competitors. Even some that cost more.

A weapon light should be fully potted, and most lights (even tactical ones) meant for handheld use simply aren't no matter how much they cost.

There, I said it.

Here is my light setup. I am not sure what brand the picatinny tri rail mount is but the light mount is a Jet-Beam. The light is an Olight M20-X Warrior 500 lumens of freakin daylight power. With this setup the switch is right at your thumb and very easy to access.
IMG_5736-copy_zps289cfaca.jpg

IMG_5735-copy_zps338c3f9e.jpg

IMG_5738-copy_zps400ad66c.jpg

The O-Light is a significant piece of equipment. So is that polished stainless CZ-75B!

Excuse the first picture... it's the best I could do without anyone taking the picture (done with a DSLR, no flash... just messed with the exposure and ISO setting for all you photo nerds)

DSC_0274_zps205166e7.jpg

DSC_0274_zps73070c6c.jpg

DSC_0282_zps26c527a8.jpg

DSC_0285_zps135cc11f.jpg

I'm in love with this Elzetta light! I will stick to my testimony earlier in this thread, and for the money, 4Sevens lights are hard to beat. But.... the Elzetta steps this up a notch, and it's made the USA! I've got the light 8 degree light projecting Malkoff device on this one, mainly because it comes to work with me, but I'm pretty sure there will be a second Elzetta purchase in the future that will wear the flood lens. The ZSM mount is also top quality, with well over 300 shells through this so far (with the light mounted) and it's a champ. Including the custom engraving I spent around $230 for the light and the mount (which included a mil discount) and comparing that to some of the other high end varieties, I think it's a good value. +1 on the Elzetta ZFL-M60

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice AK!

Thanks for the info and for your review Sir...

+1
Always been curious about them Malkoffs w/the optical lenses. They do give a p60 size light some throw from what I've heard! Right up your alley for S&R.

What's with the pics though... y'all got no snow up there?

Nice sling dude.

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Back