• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

hello, new member from illinois

87tpita

Copper BB
wanted to stop by and say hello. I recently bought a Mossberg atr in 30-06 with fiber optic sights that I will be picking up this week... Ive owned a 500 for about 6 years and it has proven to be the "can do it all shotgun" for me... I have an 18" barrel and pistol grip for hd,, standard stock and full length barrel for clay shooting and a 24" rifled barrel with 3-9x40 scope in hopes of going deer hunting next year... look forward to learning as much as possible from these forums. Thanks for having me.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 500 and the new 100 ATR once you have it. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

heres a few pics,,,, 500....12ga, xd9...9mm and marlin....22 magnum

Attachments

• IMG_20121215_084004.jpg
    IMG_20121215_084004.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20121215_083831.jpg
    IMG_20121215_083831.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20121122_102033.jpg
    IMG_20121122_102033.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 114
heres a pic of everything above and the savage axis in .223

Attachments

• IMG_20121121_192848.jpg
    IMG_20121121_192848.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 114
Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and letting us drool over those beasts!! Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome too Mossberg Owners from Central PA! :D

You sure do have a wide assortment of barrels, how do you like that slug rifled barrel?

Welcome from MI!!

Nice collection, thanks for sharing.

Itsricmo said:

You sure do have a wide assortment of barrels, how do you like that slug rifled barrel?
I was touching slugs consistently at 115 yrds so its definitely accurate but the cost of sabot slugs is silly. $12 plus tax for a box of 5... hornady sst

Welcome from PA! Nice collection you have there. You found a great site...enjoy.

Welcome. What part of the state? Another Illinois member lol. Our numbers are growing!

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from the Southern end of Illinois! Nice collection, BTW!

Yes, we've had more than a few new members from the Peoples Republik of Illinois pop in here lately.....If you are from Illinois and have never been I highly recommend you check out illinoiscarry.com to help you stay in touch with what is going on with the Legislature here. We have had a busy two days as we were being threatened by a near total firearms ban in this state. IC is a great site for not only news but also info on how to contact your state reps, who your state reps are and tons of other things regarding the ongoing struggle to protect 2nd Ammendment rights for the law-abiding citizens of Illinois.

87tpita said:
Itsricmo said:

I was touching slugs consistently at 115 yrds so its definitely accurate but the cost of sabot slugs is silly. $12 plus tax for a box of 5... hornady sst

They aren't quite that expensive over my way but they are close. I think they are nice for when you get into that thick brush that may hinder a regular rifle bullet. I hunt primarily with a 12ga and foster style slugs but would like to have a rifled barrel for some Sabot action :)

Just picked the atr in 30-06 today..... shot 20 rounds through it....... I was worried about the recoil after reading online discussions comparing it to a 12ga slug......... I have to say it is no wear near that, not even close. It felt buttery smooth and I felt like I could shoot all day with no signs of a sore shoulder.. Very impressed for a $300 rifle with fiber optic sights and weaver style scope mounts included.

Back