• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's see your SKS!

Looking to buy sks for $250 or under

What happened to the price of sks's back in late 90's early 2000's you could get one for $150 plus a few thousand rounds of ammo started looking for one few days ago and can't find one for under $350 and there in poor shape i still kick my self at night when i think about selling my narinco paratrooper sks and the 3 or 4k rounds of ammo i had back in '06 had some extenuating circumstances that i had to sell all of my guns only keep only out of my dads guns and had to sell my 10 plus my dads whole collection have alot of nights thinking bout my sks, my savage, my mossy 500, my dads 7 shot .357 smith my dads mossy 500 and alot of others that make me mad. But back to my post im tring to find another sks and was hoping to atleast find one for $250 or under in decent shape any help would be appreciatated thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Looking to buy sks for $250 or under

Wishing you luck! After years of owning a very nice one, I traded it away and now I really wish I had it back.

Wow, when I was going to gun shows (late 80's early 90's) they couldn't give them away for $75-$90.

Nice little gun, you may have a hard time finding one for a decent price now.

I wish I had stocked up back in the day. :lol:

Last time I saw an SKS with a pricetag on it, read something like $350. Obviously, original Russian were about $100 more a pop.

I've not looked at the prices since mid december.

Prior, they were never on a ban list, but I suspect that after today, they, like many others, will be named as an assault rifle on a bill.

Back in the late 80's every gun store had a crate of them sitting on the floor and you could pick the one you wanted...$79
That seems like such a long time ago now.

I remember my $100 SKS, was a decent battle rifle. Needed money unfortunatly so I sold it in 92 or 93

Im glad my dad bought 5 back in the day and i now own 2 of my own.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

My buddy was in a LGS the other day and two guys almost got into a fist fight over who would get to buy their last SKS for $450. He said they both got tossed out. Unreal. I don't have one but have fired two. Nice guns for the money. I wish I had picked up a crate of them in 1992.

There some real crap ones on the market. But i cant for the life of me remember the name. I want to think narco. Im sure im wrong. Someone help me out lol.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.

the norinco so are chinese made sks there great guns the one had was norinco and my dad had a russian one i think it was a tula but im not sure i would be satisfied with a norinco but yea ive tried all pawns shops in my area which there is only 3 but one which i know the guy really wel and he would give me a deal on one most likly what he has in it but hes closing up shop and has already relinquished his ffl so he doesnt any guns the other 2 have 2 each but one place wants $550 for their cheapest and its beat all to crap and the other place wants $450 for one and $475 for the other but ive not got more then $300 extra i can spend and thats pushing it and i would reather see them choke on them before i would pay a price that me and them both know is triple what they paid for it and there just tring to gouge prices. Was hoping to find better deal online but so far every where i look is either out of them or there prices are skyhigh seen someone tring to sell one for $1500 for a norinco with fiber stock and nothing else done to it i almost sent him a email saying your nothing but a sorry piece of #%#% but changed my mind half way through it becuase i wouldnt change anything some people are just sorry good for nothing pieces of crap and thats all they will ever be.

P.S. sorry for writing so much it just really gets to me when people do that stuff.

My sks sporter m

My SKS sporter M. 1992 model.
It is totally 922 r compliant. Yes I kept all the original parts. Yes it takes ak mags.

Parts list
1. Tapco Intrafuse t6 stock with saw pistol grip and Hogue handall. fde.
2. Us made cheese grater hand guard.
3. Us made short gas piston (copperhead29 Ebay)
4. Us made hammer and us made trigger (murrays)
5. Tapco us made op rod
7. Albanian bolt carrier (ak style charging handle)
8. Ambidextrous safety
9. European (Chinese) non ribbed metal magazines with us made followers (arsenal inc) and floor plates (csspecs).
10. Kivaari match trigger
11. Murrays USA spring loaded firing pin.
12. Tapco usa cage style brake (yes barrel is threaded 14x1lh).
13. Macs shootin irons parked base under kg gun kote moly. (black and charcoal gray).
14. Tapco short fore grip

facebook_997852925jpg_zps7bd484e8.jpg

The eotech is no longer on it.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

I am also a member at sks forum.

What are your guys usernames there? I don't recognize either of your screen names from there, though I haven't been very active there lately.

John A. said:
I am also a member at sks forum.

What are your guys usernames there? I don't recognize either of your screen names from there, though I haven't been very active there lately.

myskssportermisunique

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

8323e435-8561-4899-8585-af935467bade_zps03795cf8.jpg

Top Chinese Norinco 1967 un issued bought in SKS hey days in 1990's
Bottom Romanian matching #'s except stock

My Chi-Com mild steel core ammo stash :mrgreen:
e672554f-317a-4156-88cd-658f126ffdf9_zps82d77ad4.jpg

Back