• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The reality of gun confiscation

Seeing things like this come out lately makes me feel better about sticking to my guns on my opinion of “gun confiscation”…….but don’t you know Obama is going to take our guns?.....gawd people are…..naive

I like seeing articles like this snowman.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes - a lot of logic and no fear AND the guts to post it on the company website. Wilson Combat is now bookmarked on my "A" list.

Makes one think. Unless you're one of the unlucky first to have their privates homes invaded, what would your response be? Will communities band together now and establish a SHTF response? And if so, how do you approach neighbors that you've lived next to for years but have only had a polite "hello at the mailbox" relationship with? Do we need to teach all our household members to "just say no"? (it only takes 1 yes, even by a child, to let them in)

Very enlightening article indeed...

It is amazing that Dianne Feinstein has forgotten her own faith's (Jewish) demise at the hands of other tyrants. Now she wants to do just as some of the most horrific "leaders" of the world have done. Really incredible irony...

Good read and good post. Its refreshing and reassuring to see things like this, thanks Snowman for posting.

The other side of the coin is a bit darker, there are some (though a minority) who want no less than complete confiscation. Oli has said at least a few times its logistically impossible, I'm inclined to agree, but never the less, we sshould be diligent and pay attention. Its the incremental stuff that happens while most arent payin attention, passed in the name of "comon sense" that's intended to pave the way I believe.

I absolutely would hope folks will "stick to their guns" as suggested by the author.

Great read Snowman! My only gripe is where he says too "write to your elected leaders" and what not... I feel like none of them even read those letters you write and that they fall on deaf ears.. err Blind Eyes. Those letters sent in via mail and email are easily filtered out and put to the side. Also, what if your leader isn't really what he cracks up to be and ignores them because he is following the "agenda" ? (This is all just for argument :p )

Unfortunatly one of my leaders is Feinstein. To me it is a hurry up and wait game. She is hell bent on her agenda. I dont think anything I Mail, Email, and Call in on will not make a diffrence with her.

However, local government is a diffrent thing. Sheriff, City PD, and Mayor are receiving Correspondence.

Frank

Frank Castle said:
Unfortunatly one of my leaders is Feinstein. To me it is a hurry up and wait game. She is hell bent on her agenda. I dont think anything I Mail, Email, and Call in on will not make a diffrence with her.

However, local government is a diffrent thing. Sheriff, City PD, and Mayor are receiving Correspondence.

Frank

Politely but curtly remind her what happened to the Jewish population in Russia and Germany after they were disarmed in the name of peace. I would like to she/hear her reaction...

Rossignol said:
Oli has said at least a few times its logistically impossible, I'm inclined to agree, but never the less, we sshould be diligent and pay attention.

I strongly believe what I believe but it’s impossible for me to commit to absolutes…realizing one should never say never I can’t ever say 100% so it is always wise to pay attention .......
“many a slip twixt a cup and a lip”

I think it is logistically improbable that they could pull off a national confiscation. States and big liberal cities may try it. At that point of confiscation though people would be holding onto something deemed illegal. The gubmint will just sit and wait while taking anything that pops up and is easy...the low hanging fruit. Guns would disappear in a generation and no guns would be the new normal.

The generation of kids that grew up woith guns being outlawed would be fully indoctrinated by the media and school sysytems to be anti's. They will be use to big brother and think nothing of the RFD chip in their arm that they pay bills with and is scanned for their medical records and credit rating. It becomes accepted. The gov. keeps copies of every single email you ever wrote. People now hear that and shrug. I wonder what would have happened in 1955 if people learned that the gov. opened and read every letter that went through the UPS?

Snowman366, thanks for posting that link!

"Here we are spending tax dollars to arm citizens in other lands to oppose corrupt and oppressive governments but they want to take ours."

mingaa said:
Yes - a lot of logic and no fear AND the guts to post it on the company website. Wilson Combat is now bookmarked on my "A" list.

Wilson Combat has been on my "A" list for a long time.....just wish my wallet would get on the same page, lol.

In all honesty though, I have to agree with CarbineMike on this one......The confiscation of guns by the Government would be logistically impossible so the multi-step plan would simply passing a series of laws that would make gun ownership a felony. Draconian sentencing guidelines would have many people turning in their firearms to avoid prosecution.......Those who would choose to hold out against the laws would face the continuing possibility of arrest and because of that, the guns couldn't be used for their intended purpose........shooting.

There would be no more memories made of sitting around the fire at deer camp with Dad and Grandpa on the night before your very first shotgun hunt......No more snapshots of the smiling 9 year old boy holding up the very first squirrel he shot by himself for his mom to see, Ruger 10/22 slung over his shoulder.....Gone would be the faded memories of the little sister teasing her brother because she put more holes in the bullseye with Dads pistol than he did. No more quality time, spent with family and loved ones from a young age learning not only the enjoyment but the responsibility that WE all know being a gun owner brings. The very things that most everyone here appreciates as a memory that had drawn them to the culture of firearms would never happen for those kids. They would never develop the love and respect for firearms that we have.......For us the thought of a completely gun free America is an unthinkable dread......for them it could very well be perfectly normal.

carbinemike said:
I wonder what would have happened in 1955 if people learned that the gov. opened and read every letter that went through the UPS?

Isn't that disturbing! It is all in the name of "Home Land Security" too :?

I think it is logistically improbable that they could pull off a national confiscation

I should probably add some more to this that really bothers me. As an engineer I think through how to accomplish things and then implement them.

-I think population centers could have successful confiscations...at least from the law abiding.
-It takes people to disarm a population and the gov. employs more all the time. It seems every agancy has armed law enforcement now.
-Illegally collected info. would be a great asset in confiscation

Reading the link and this thread is interesting and the anti's have thrown gas on the fire with confiscation talk. However, I still don't think we are close to such an eventuallity. Maybe that opinion will change in the next few weeks. I hope not though.

Is it possible they put this info out there to test reaction then pass something less sinister hoping we'll all be like, "oh ok, that isn't nearly so bad as it could have been"?

Its the creeping incrementalism again. Eventually everyone gets used to the new laws, then they push for more. Which has been goin on for a very long time...

Is it possible they put this info out there to test reaction then pass something less sinister hoping we'll all be like, "oh ok, that isn't nearly so bad as it could have been"?
Absolutely that's possible.

I think Feinstein knows she'll never get passed what she wants so she'll ask for the moon and take what she can. On the other hand, just has some we pro gunners get awefully fired up, some of the more radical anti's are finally talking publicly about their real agenda. Some like the a-hole at the Des Moines Register piss me off with the crap they write, the ones that have really scared me are the ones like NY govenor Cuomo or the ones in Illinios. They would 100% do a total ban if they can.

Tim4k5 said:
Those who would choose to hold out against the laws would face the continuing possibility of arrest and because of that, the guns couldn't be used for their intended purpose........shooting.

There would be no more memories made of sitting around the fire at deer camp with Dad and Grandpa on the night before your very first shotgun hunt......No more snapshots of the smiling 9 year old boy holding up the very first squirrel he shot by himself for his mom to see, Ruger 10/22 slung over his shoulder.....Gone would be the faded memories of the little sister teasing her brother because she put more holes in the bullseye with Dads pistol than he did. No more quality time, spent with family and loved ones from a young age learning not only the enjoyment but the responsibility that WE all know being a gun owner brings. The very things that most everyone here appreciates as a memory that had drawn them to the culture of firearms would never happen for those kids. They would never develop the love and respect for firearms that we have.......For us the thought of a completely gun free America is an unthinkable dread......for them it could very well be perfectly normal.

Apparently you've never lived in a sea of trees......I guarantee that life style continues in this neck of the woods

Back