• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New product from Black Aces Tactical

I just came across black aces tacical new mossberg receivers they are making to accept saiga shotgun mags. Just wanted to share it with thr forum.

Quote from thier website

"Black Aces Tactical is very proud to present to the public what we've been working on in secret for months. What you see before you is our Pro Series receiver retrofit kit rapid prototype that allows the average shotgun operator to replace their old oem receiver with our kit, and now be fed by Saiga 12 magazines!"

2484701.gif

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "retrofitting" the receiver (which I interpret from the pics as a new receiver) put this under the catagory of a new gun versus just an upgrade?

Either way, thing looks incredible and I can't wait to see more info and pricing!

Tim4k5 said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "retrofitting" the receiver (which I interpret from the pics as a new receiver) put this under the catagory of a new gun versus just an upgrade?

Either way, thing looks incredible and I can't wait to see more info and pricing!
You are correct. The receiver is considered the firearm since it is serialized.

Tim4k5 said:

I wonder what is still "Mossberg" about it? The barrel and mag tube?

Looks great, but like most cool things, I'll wager it's well outside of my price range. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Tom, I feel the same, while it looks cool, the cost will be more than I would wanna spend for sure.

Hopefully they will have this at shot show and I will be able to report back on it.

:shock: I WANT IT!!!

...now if I could only find a Saiga 12 mag for under $50 that'd be sweet! :lol:

Is it me, or is the picture of a Remmy?

It would be nice to try one of those out. Not sure if it will be available in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia or not. Probably not if Feinstien gets her way. Black Aces may be a day late and a dollar short?

Definatly an interesting concept. I like what they did there. Would have to get through an FFL

Frank

That is awesome. I am probably going to have to get this now lol. It is pretty much a new gun since it's a new receiver, bolt, elevator, etc. You keep using your old trigger group, barrel, tube magazine (to hold the barrel only) and stock.

Besides the obvious advantage of being able to reload via box magazine, I like that it sets the center of gravity further back to make the gun less muzzle-heavy.

As far as California legalities go, the laws governing detachable magazines in CA only apply to Semi-Automatic shotguns. You wouldn't even need a bullet button on the magazine if your shotgun is pump-action.

Give it time, I'm sure Kalifornia's communists will amend the law at some point to include this evil gem.

Been watching the development of this product since it was announced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIi70yUK8s
Looking like its going to be real soon a reality for the masses.

I sort of like this idea actually. Might have to seriously canvas the pawn shops here in town again for another cheap 500 to earmark towards doing this possibly. I hate when my mind dwells on thoughts like this lol. Bad for the checkbook. Absolutely have no need for it, I just want one because you have to admit, its pretty bad ass honestly.

What I have in my mind, a beat up donor 500, who cares if the receiver finish looks like hell, its gonna get replaced by this kit from Black Aces. Cerakoting the barrel/mag tube combo in patriot brown. Think FDE but a bit darker. If you've ever seen the Daniel Defense RIS II rails for M4s its almost spot on for that exact color. Substituting the original furniture with the soon to be released Magpul Mossberg version furniture in FDE. Rounding out the package with some FDE Saiga mags. I know I've seen someone make some. Worst case paint or cerakote some black ones to match.

Alternative would be to have the entire setup hydro dipped in ATACS. I see this Saiga magwell receiver replacement becoming a real money pit project if I ever wind up doing it. If you are gonna go for it might as well go all out right?

Yep, hate when my damned mind dwells on the if only sometimes. :mrgreen:

Hi guys,

We came upon the thread while doing updates. Here is the finished product, the specs, and the link to our FB page. We are rarely on any forums so please ask any questions either on our page on our email, sales@blackacestactical.com. As you guys can see, we went the high road, and only used the best of the best materials and coatings. Our shotguns are meant to last a lifetime. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Ac ... 0760753188

Specs:

2014 T6 receiver machined out of one solid billet
4140 CrMo steel extended receiver bolt
17-4 hardened stainless steel bolt slide
17-4 hardened stainless steel extended firing pin
6061 T6 large latch
6061 T6 latch bridge
Special feed ramp, raised follower, and steel feed lip kit
Custom stainless steel solid pins and hardened steel latch pin
Type III Mil Spec hardcoat anodizing on all aluminum
Nickel/Boron/Teflon coating on the steel components