• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

I just got one of these guys today, spent most of the day doing it too... I went to purchase it, then realized, oh wait, I can't, my license is still from Indiana and I'm in Arkansas. So I went to the dmv and changed my lic, then went back to get my rifle, went off without a hitch. But... Not a single round in .22 long in academy sports, so I called over to gander mtn, they were out too, and two Wal-Mart's later I gave up for the day. Oh well, I'm about to strip of down and give it the first time look in, and going to clp it up, and get it ready for some fun... As soon as I can find some dang .22!!!

What's the best that you have found in yours? Does it prefer the taste of cci or federal or what?

Rkillion said:
I just got one of these guys today, spent most of the day doing it too... I went to purchase it, then realized, oh wait, I can't, my license is still from Indiana and I'm in Arkansas. So I went to the dmv and changed my lic, then went back to get my rifle, went off without a hitch. But... Not a single round in .22 long in academy sports, so I called over to gander mtn, they were out too, and two Wal-Mart's later I gave up for the day. Oh well, I'm about to strip of down and give it the first time look in, and going to clp it up, and get it ready for some fun... As soon as I can find some dang .22!!!

What's the best that you have found in yours? Does it prefer the taste of cci or federal or what?
CCI stuff seems to work well for most folks.Congrats on your purchase.

Bbqznbeer said:
Rkillion , you mean 22 longrifle , right ?

YES, I tend to drop certain things when the base knowledge is the same going around.

I found some .22 short, not much, but not a single round of .22 longrifle. I'm going to be calling around to try to find who sells ammo around here, but I'm new to Arkansas. And I live outside of Foreman which is a very small town and I have to go an hour away to get anything that dollar general doesn't sell, and that includes ammunition. But today might be fruitful.

Hi just got my first mossy 715t w/ red dot yesterday after waiting 3 weeks for it to come in , shot it today about 150 rounds maybe 3 or 4 jams but other then that love it

when you say handguard, are you referring to the carry handle of the carry handle version?

if so, the answer is no...you may have to contact mossberg and tell them what happened, but they don't sell the shells, so i am not sure what they will do...

Got my Mossy "702 tactical" plinkster several months ago, guess the 715t is the new designation. The 15 is probably for the ar15 look of it. It came with that silly looking 10 round mag, but did find 3 of the 25 rounders shortly after. Shot it once, been in the cabinet since.

I've really liked it, only cost $150 at WallyWorld, and can shoot all day for $10. Haven't gone tacticool on it yet, but did just get a 3X9 36mm TAC scope I'm going to put on the carry handle. Have even thought of cutting off the carry and making it a flat top. We'll see. Other projects to complete first.

Rootbrain

Hey guys, recently purchased the 715t flat top version here in Tx. I have a couple photos next to my m4 airsoft that almost all metal, kinda wish the mossberg was more heavy duty and metal but it was only 299.99.

Attachments

• IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMAG0274.jpg
    IMAG0274.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 366
  • IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 366
Here is also the ati that came with the gun and the magpul with rear pad im going to try to put on, right now its a super tight tight tight start so i may try to switch out the whole back piece or shave some plastic to get it to slide on better.

Attachments

• IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 366
Congrats on the new 715T Slevin! (excellent movie BTW)

Looks to me like the MOE stock might be mil-spec. ATI uses commercial spec'd tubes and that would cause a fit issue...

Just bought my 715t today, it's my first Mossberg

looks like I bought the base of the base model of the 715t, which is fine I got it for 285 out the door, wanted the flat top but they were fresh out and I can't find one in stock for under 300.

Re: Just bought my 715t today, it's my first Mossberg

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new rifle...

Back