• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trading my deer thugs atr

texasfan85

.270 WIN
Ok my uncle has a camoed 100atr in .308 with a centerpoint scope on it and hes wanting to trade it or sell it to get something in higher caliber i have one of the deer thugs 30-06 with factory scope on it and asked me if i would trade .308 was what i was wanting when i bought mine but could find any i liked so i went with the 30-06 his is about 6 months old and mine i just got in the middle of dec. they both have the lba trigger, fluted barrel, and are crowned mine was $347 at wally world his was $357 plus $70 for the scope ate a local gun dealer was wondering if this is a good deal any input would help thanks.

You get what you want and he gets what he wants.

Looks like a pretty good deal to me...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You get what you want and he gets what he wants.

Looks like a pretty good deal to me...

Yeah, I would have to agree with this. I HIGHLY doubt he put anywhere near enough rounds through it in 6 months to be concerned about the barrel. Sounds like a good trade to me!

Thanks for input im prob goin to call him tomorrow and trade him for it becuase for around here in east tennessee its kinda hard to find a place where the range of a 30-06 comes in handy usally its inside of 100 no more then 200 and its all brush almost so the straighter path of the .308 comes in handy and hitting branchs and stuff dont knock it off as bad. I had savage 06 and i missed i nice 8 point when it hit a branch and i watched the dust boil up under his feet before he ran off the day wasnt a total wash seen has just as i shot a 4 point came running up chacing a dow and i hit im and he went bout 100 yards or so and dropped the first buck i ever took whould be better story if it were the 8 pointer but the 4 is still hanging on my wall lol

The .308 I did have slain a many Ground Hogs :p I would get about 5 ground hogs and my scope would blow out... Literally.. I was buying some cheaper scopes too though :/

All the deer I've taken with my '06 have been within 25 yards LOL

I'm partial to the '06 myself but I don't see anything wrong with a trade as long as you are both happy with it.

I dont have no problems with the 06 its just for where i hunt there is nothing bigger then deer and its really brushy so the .308 is more then enough and it has better scope then my 06 had so i have already traded for it

I'm enjoying my ATR .308. First shot, cold bore, dropped an 8-pointer at ~125yds. Thing shot smooth, hardly noticed the recoil (though I am used to shooting some heavy-hitting ammo, that might be a factor) but the felt recoil I experienced was hardly enough to keep me from watching the buck drop through the scope where he stood. All in all, a nice performing rifle with a fantastic round, I've no doubts you will enjoy it thoroughly.

Was shooting Winchester Power-Point, 150gr, with a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40.

Nice and welcome to the fourm if you havnt done it yet drop by the new members fourm and introduce your self to everyone

Back