• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Had a little down time at work today...

As usual, very nice work. Why don't you heat treat it? A2 can be made very hard and is air quenched so that may help it not warp up to badly.

I was bored this morning ... :lol: 20 Internet points to who knows what this is....it isn't finished, still need to run to the mill and some hard coat anodizing...
iOKkEIInZqg6M.jpg

iYTI0gRjYc4fL.jpg

ikFxnrq3GKQQO.jpg

Oh! Oh! I know.......

Thats a set of Aluminum knuckles for a guy with 6 fingers and a thumb on his punching hand!!!! You should put his name in diamonds or somethin on the front so they know who's hittin em.

LoL.....Nice work KW. Think you could make one with the shell loops having a backwards tilt to them?

old mossy said:
shell holder?
Congrats 20 Internet points for you!!! I had a failure with one of my Mesa Tacical units last weekend so I decided instead of forking over another 80.00 for one, I would just make my own.

Tim4k5 said:
Oh! Oh! I know.......

Thats a set of Aluminum knuckles for a guy with 6 fingers and a thumb on his punching hand!!!! You should put his name in diamonds or somethin on the front so they know who's hittin em.

LoL.....Nice work KW. Think you could make one with the shell loops having a backwards tilt to them?
:lol: I thought about it but man that was just too much work. Iam a lazy machinist. :twisted: I just have to keep the other guys in the shop from seeing what Iam doing, they tell me make 5-6 of what ever I make :lol:

not knowing the scale,,,i was going to say a six pack holder. :D

Attachments

• hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 186
KentuckyWindage said:
old mossy said:
not knowing the scale,,,i was going to say a six pack holder. :D

Lol I should have put something for scale, man that would be a sweet beer holder :twisted:

all kidding aside,you do some very nice work sir.

KentuckyWindage said:
I thought about it but man that was just too much work. Iam a lazy machinist. :twisted: I just have to keep the other guys in the shop from seeing what Iam doing, they tell me make 5-6 of what ever I make :lol:

I know how that goes KW.....I learned a long time ago to play dumb at work about some things that I don't get paid to do by my job title.

That is good work though, but one question......

How in the HELL did you manage to break the Mesa unit it is replacing? LoL :)

Nice looking KW! Will we get a pic of the finished and mounted unit? You may as well gear up and start making this stuff for a living the way is flying off the shelves.

Tim4k5 said:
KentuckyWindage said:
I thought about it but man that was just too much work. Iam a lazy machinist. :twisted: I just have to keep the other guys in the shop from seeing what Iam doing, they tell me make 5-6 of what ever I make :lol:

I know how that goes KW.....I learned a long time ago to play dumb at work about some things that I don't get paid to do by my job title.

That is good work though, but one question......

How in the HELL did you manage to break the Mesa unit it is replacing? LoL :)

Well lets just say when concrete meets the side saddle concrete wins... :lol:

carbinemike said:
Nice looking KW! Will we get a pic of the finished and mounted unit? You may as well gear up and start making this stuff for a living the way is flying off the shelves.
Don't worry I will post it up when it's done. I wish I could man, I just need more hours in the day.

KentuckyWindage said:
I was bored this morning ... :lol: 20 Internet points to who knows what this is....it isn't finished, still need to run to the mill and some hard coat anodizing...
iOKkEIInZqg6M.jpg

iYTI0gRjYc4fL.jpg

ikFxnrq3GKQQO.jpg

DUDE! :shock:

SWEET! :eek:

KW strikes again! You Sir have some scary talent... :mrgreen:

Ok just an update...I finished one today. I had to work it in at the end of the day, but I got it done. Oh yeah lots of pics! I know everyone likes pics!! :mrgreen:
iyaKQ7sMZWQl7.jpg

Side view
ibkkKnwSeEuktn.jpg

iKLtw32IUvcMz.jpg

i7oZLwnv2TG8M.jpg

Showing inside retaining system.
i5YLXfZRrwJL3.jpg

iKJsEraAgDm45.jpg

i8CMIn1ZeQsJ8.jpg

Now if I only had a spare 590a1 laying around for a quick pics :twisted:
iDq00oKOsRFOI.jpg

Notice it's location away from the trigger pin and serial number. But you ask kW how does it mount to the gun if the trigger pin and ejector screw is not utilized? Well this is where my last mesa unit broke. I dropped my shotgun on the concrete shearing the ejector screw :x I had to drill out the screw and tap my hole again. That is my biggest problem with the mesa units. There she'll holders are the best but the mounting for the mossbergs suck. Every time you need to clean your gun you have to use two Allen wrenchs to take out the trigger pin. Also the crappy ejector screw that broke on mine. so I said never again. This led me to making this. I took the best in my opinion shell holder design and added the Velcro abilities that I love on the elastic shell holders. Now no special tools to take my gun apart and I can have multiple shell holders ready to be changed out when one runs out. Enough talking back to pics
The Velcro
ibpDEGCLzKJnrT.jpg

idbRTFjCuDzFX.jpg

Just need to debur it a little more and it and 6 more shell holders will be sent off for hard coat anodizing. :mrgreen:

Back