• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

10 round/ 25 round questions

Viking172

Copper BB
I am thinking of buying a 715t in California with the 10 round magazine. I am moving to Arizona this June, my question is once I move will I be able to use the 25 round mags in this gun or is the 10 round gun a model that is only going to permanently allow the 10 round mags? Should I just wait till June when I move as I am much more interested in owning a 25 round gun. Are they the same gun or are they different guns as far as the magazines compatibility is concerned. Thank you for your help.

Flat top or carry handle version? I like the looks of the flat top and I think you could add a carry handle later anyway if I ever decided to do so, any recommendations/pros or cons?

go flat top...i bought the carry handle...i couldn't get it sighted in it shot low. o the carry version, the front sight is not adjustable. the rear sight gets raised to raise the point of impact(poi). at 30 yrds, i was still about 3" low and if i raised the rear sight any more, the carry handle came into view and blocked the front sight.

luckily, i guess, mossberg was getting it back due to a fail to feed issue and put the flat top shell(at my request) on for me at no charge, even though i offered to buy the shell.

speedyquad said:
go flat top...i bought the carry handle...i couldn't get it sighted in it shot low. o the carry version, the front sight is not adjustable. the rear sight gets raised to raise the point of impact(poi). at 30 yrds, i was still about 3" low and if i raised the rear sight any more, the carry handle came into view and blocked the front sight.

luckily, i guess, mossberg was getting it back due to a fail to feed issue and put the flat top shell(at my request) on for me at no charge, even though i offered to buy the shell.

The front sight is adjustable on the carry handle version. Press down on it, it turns left or right to raise and lower.

Rootbrain

rootbrain said:
speedyquad said:

The front sight is adjustable on the carry handle version. Press down on it, it turns left or right to raise and lower.

Rootbrain

yep...the carry handle version wasn't, that is what i was having trouble with...that is until mossberg replaced my shell with the flat top shell and sights...

Wow 25 rounds is illegal in California? That's surprising considering they're legal even here in Canada.

Back