• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Bass Pro optics rail

I'm with John here.

Simply stated, most weaver mount accessories will fit on a picatinny rail, but most picatinny mount accessories will not fit on a weaver rail.

You will have far more mounting options with the picatinny rail...

I have a used Weaver one and it really stinks for mounting anything too. Scope, red dot, reflex... all of them are too far forward to be comfortable.

I installed one of the UTG rails on my 500. Seems to be pretty decent. Haven't ran across anything that won't mount to it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.jpg
    IMG_0599.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 515
"MOSSBERG" forend strap

Wondering where to get the "MOSSBERG" strap that is only attached to some 500s ribbed forends :?:

Would be a nice feature to have until I get my ergo tri-rail and afg.

Re: "MOSSBERG" forend strap

You can pick them up on eBay for around $20 or if you aren't completely mechanically inept you could pick up 4 nuts/bolts/washers and some 1" nylon strapping from a hardware store or Wally World for probably $2 and make your own. Nothin complex to it......just double-up the ends of the strap and drill a few holes in your forearm.

Flexx 500 Adjustable Stock - anywhere?

Was this ever made available to the public? I haven't found one person even selling it, not even on gunbroker. I know Ar-15 stocks are plenty, so I don't think there has been a crush on stocks.

I would like to get a Flex 500, but only with an adjustable stock.

Re: Flexx 500 Adjustable Stock - anywhere?

Cheaper Than Dirt has had many different Flex 500 stock options available off and on. With the most recent shooting events though, they have all become scarce and hard to find. I would keep checking online sources.. As much as I hate CTD recently for their corporate choices, however, if you are looking for something and must have it... they usually do have it in stock.

I have seen them on MidwayUSA and AMAZON a few times.

Are you wanting to purchase a Mossberg 500 or Mossberg 500 Flex? Because the Flex stocks will not fit a regular M500

weaver no gunsmithing shotgun mount

my 500A does not have the receiver drilled and tapped. i want to put iron sights on it. my question is can i put a ghost ring type rear sight onto the weaver mount? all i see are scopes mounted on it.
thank you in advance.

Re: weaver no gunsmithing shotgun mount

You'd need to call the manufacturer of the sight you're looking at to find out for sure.

Most weaver mount accessories will fit on a picatinny rail, but most picatinny mount accessories will not fit on a weaver rail. Have you looked into something like the Max Mount from Havlin Sales?

Max Mount

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You'd need to call the manufacturer of the sight you're looking at to find out for sure.

Most weaver mount accessories will fit on a picatinny rail, but most picatinny mount accessories will not fit on a weaver rail. Have you looked into something like the Max Mount from Havlin Sales?

Max Mount

looks like the MAX mount is for receivers that are tapped and drilled.

You are WAY better off buying a standard model 500.

If you buy a FLEX model, you're stuck with very limited FLEX accessories. With a standard 500, you can add/replace just about anything you want with a HUGE variety of aftermarket accessories...

Well crap, I posted the wrong one. Sorry, been a long day man. :(

Check out this saddle mount by Sun Optics...

Sun Optics

This spot shows it in stock, but I've never ordered from them before...

Mossberg 500/Maverick 88 Mount

You might give 'em a call first...

thank you very much L.E.S. :D

^^^What LES said^^^

The FLEX system is a good idea in theory and I suppose once it's been around a few years and some of the aftermarket parts suppliers are allowed into the game it would be an excellent choice. Right now though it is simply limited to the handful of stocks that Mossberg makes and I think 2 different forearms. The regular 500/590 has the full weight of the aftermarket behind them and that has made for tons of possible set-ups and the ability to make your gun actually be YOUR GUN.

Back