• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Machetes

Didn't even take a advil, matter of fact....I cleaned it up and continued my grilling, and heard alot of "air" sucking in and out of my knee....and people from my other sites told me I really should get it checked out....so the next day I went to the hospital.

This happened the 3rd of july last year.

I gots me a ZOMBIE machete!!!!!

Made by KaBar and called the ZK Pestilence Chopper.

KaBar-Zombie-1.jpg

KaBar-Zombie-2.jpg

Comes with a pretty decent sheath, black grips to switch out from the Zombie Green ones, and a pair of keys for the integral lock.

Looks like a formidable blade nitesite. Let us know how you like it after you've put it through some abuse...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Looks like a formidable blade nitesite. Let us know how you like it after you've put it through some abuse...

Dude, it's a ZOMIE KaBar. That's why it's called a ZK (Zombie Killer).

Talk about mean-ash...... And it's got the bright green handle and the Zombie symbol.

I'm gonna be killin' somethin' the next time I encounter some of the UnDead......

I live in the country and have a lot of timber and brush. A decent machete is a necessity. The best I've ever used is the one I have now: second from the bottom in this picture.

images

Made by Tramontina in Brazil. Thick 16" square-end blade; wooden grip with full tang. Heavy enough for felling, sharp enough for close trimming and shaping.

Camillus Knives made some really wonderful military knives a few decades ago.

Wonder what's up with the "Titanium" logo? Wouldn't seem to make for a very good machete.......

nitesite said:
Wonder what's up with the "Titanium" logo? Wouldn't seem to make for a very good machete.......

My thoughts as well.

Titanium is a lot like aluminum in many ways. It's light and strong, but not "hard" like steel.

Now for something completely different...
I found this WWII USMC bolo in a junk shop. It had damaged grips, a rusty blade, and a dried out scabbard; these units are famous for being heavy and awkward, and I have use for something I can use to lop branches in tight quarters; so I rebuilt the grips as a two-handed set-up. I used some 3/4" mahogany I had in the woodshop. The rivets are original to the weapon.

bolo.jpg

I de-rusted the blade, polished and edged it. Gave the sheath a good cleaning and oiled it up. The rig actually works pretty well where you need a good hard whack and don't have room for a full swing.

I recently bought this knife primarily for use in the yard to cut weeds and saplings and clean side branches off of firewood. After using it 3 days in the yard I am quite happy with it, although I think of it as more of a general purpose tool than a machete. It seems it substitutes for a small hatchet more than anything else, although it would certainly serve as a knife for some uses and SD weapon in a pinch. I should mention here that pictures don´t do it justice: it is made of 1/4 inch carbon steal and has some definite heft to it for its short 10 inch blade. Plan to use it on some hikes or botanical expeditions where carrying a 10 inch blade is more comfortable than a standard machete. The square end also lends itself to some light duty digging.

At a little over 50 bucks from knifecenter.com it is a handy tool.

Downside: Sheath is the proverbial answer to a question that was never asked, the saw back is useless, and the end of the handle had to be whittled down so it would not rub on my little finger.

Here`s the pix, along with an old Western w49 Bowie I had just dug out of storage before I bought the Ontario. It needs to be cleaned up and have a sheath made so I can use it, but for my uses the spec 8 is by far the better knife both by weight and design.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 126
Picked this guy up from one of our tool vendors today. 40 bucks an feels pretty good quality. Lookin forward to trying it out this weekend.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386779857971.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386779857971.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 84
Back