• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FNG in Tennessee

Mudbug

Daughters surprised me with a M590A1 for Christmas. 20 inch with ghost rings and speed stock. Raised those girls well, I suppose, heh-heh. Purchased a Specter gear 2-point tact sling and Voodoo tact case. Love at first sight. Not too sure about the feed stock, though. LOP takes some getting used to. Glad to be on board.

Welcome aboard and congrats!

If the LOP is too long, check out the Hogue 12" LOP stock...

Hogue Mossberg 500 OverMolded Shotgun Stock kit with forend - 12" L.O.P.

I've got the Hogue on my 'a1' and it's a much better fit. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your new 590a1. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

welcome from NY. and you sure did raise those girls right,,,congrats on the 590.

Thanx, guys. This is the first weekend I have had a chance to fire the weapon. Hey, L.E.S., thinking about going to the TWRA Traing Site outside Nashville. Never been there, any suggestions. Kinda new around here, originally from Louisiana.

You mean the Stones River range?

It's about five minutes down the road from me. I've got a yearly membership and the folks there know me pretty well. They've got a great facility and run a really tight ship. Only real downside is that it's slugs only for shotguns...

Yeah, Stones River. Live in Smyrna. Good to know about slugs. Planned on sighting it in. Got beau coup slugs. Gonna shoot till it or I say "mercy". Nah, just a good break-in to see if it has any gremlins.

Where 'bout in Louisiana?

I've got family in Shreveport. Pick up a Limbsaver recoil pad and your shoulder will thank you. I usually send 50-100 full-power slugs down range on each trip with not even so much as a sore spot...

Gotta go, guys. Getting up at 3 am. Thanx for the warm welcome. Bogalusa, La. North of Lake Ponchatrain, above New Orleans. Old "swamp rat". Spent a lot of time in Honey Island Swamp. Moved here to spoil our first grandbaby.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Mudbug said:
Gotta go, guys. Getting up at 3 am. Thanx for the warm welcome. Bogalusa, La. North of Lake Ponchatrain, above New Orleans. Old "swamp rat". Spent a lot of time in Honey Island Swamp. Moved here to spoil our first grandbaby.

Oh, ok.

I've got friends from Metairie and spent a lot of time in NO. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Sweet dreams! :D

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Back