• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

I'll be able to do more as they update the dotgov database,

They've yet to type out what the bills consist of yet on most of the bills so far.

They have the bill number and title of the bill posted (which is what I pasted), but they're slow to get the actual wording up with only having 3 business days to do it so far.

And honestly, that may not be all of them yet either. I'm yet to find one for fienstein and I know she had plans of submitting one (or more), and I've also not found one for the colorado senator yet I read an article earlier that she planned to submit some bills too.

I just went on "thomas" website and did a generic search using the words: guns, ammunition, bullets, amendment, etc that has been submitted since 1-3-13 and that's all I could dig up so far but this isn't the complete list of anything that is or has been submitted, just what is showing so far, so expect more to be forthcoming.

Since the topic is already at 14 pages, I pasted the bill numbers in the first post in this topic to help any newcomers interested in reading more about it so they didn't have to read through so many pages before getting to the gory details.

John A. said:
Since the topic is already at 14 pages, I pasted the bill numbers in the first post in this topic to help any newcomers interested in reading more about it so they didn't have to read through so many pages before getting to the gory details.

Good call John,

Nicely done Sir...

Thanks for the posting John. Making people aware of what is going on early in the process is an important Step #1.

I see the Federal Government is doing exactly like I figured they would.....multiple smaller bills that once the full text is read probably have overlapping coverage on each other. They are going to try to load the system up in hopes of distracting us, the voters. Pretty soon we will be seeing a media blitz attempting to form a type of seperation between "responsible hunters", recreational shooters and "the fanatical gun-nuts with their assault rifles". It's coming.......It's the same playbook they used here in Illinois. But guess what.......

It didn't work here. Another attempt at passing a backdoor gun ban in Illinois failed again today......yes, they called a Sunday session to try and push it through and because of the vocal response by those who oppose the destruction of the 2nd Ammendment the Bill did not even make it out of committee to be put up for a vote. Common people calling, faxing and emailing their Representatives helped the politicians to see that passing these garbage Bills would not bode well when the next election came around.

Because of this, I beg EVERY MEMBER of this forum to take an hour or so of their time and contact EVERY Senator and Representative in your state. Be polite and direct....Tell them you oppose any and all proposed future firearm bans and limitations. Be sure they understand that the 2nd Ammendment had absolutely nothing to do with our right to hunt, or shoot clays or to protect ourselves from criminals. The 2nd Ammendments only purpose is to guarantee the right to keep and bear arms. A right, as it states, that "May not be Infringed". If your Senator or Representative is a known Anti-gun politician, perhaps remind them as to what happened after the 94 ban was enacted.......a massive change of hands in Congress and a whole bunch of unemployed Democrats.

Whatever you choose to say......say it. Every voice counts in this fight and every voice must be used. I know some people prefer to not get involved politically, or don't understand the process, or aren't sure who they need to contact. This is NOT the time to take a wait-and-see approach......This is the time that we ALL need to get involved. The process of contacting your Congressmen (and women) is painless......time consuming sometimes, but painless. If you aren't sure who you should contact send me a PM and I'll help you get the phone number and email addresses you need.

We are winning this fight in Springfield.......now on to Washington!!

No Compromise, No quarter.

Ahhh, thank you! I was afraid I was missing some details!

Good lookin out man, I've tried searches too and hadn't found even what you have. I have a handful of other guys I forward everything that comes up.

Tim, well said!

A + rep for Tim4k5 for offering to find members Rep and Sen contacts if they needed help doing so.

Thanks buddy!!!

I don't think that CNN, MSNBC or FOX has been on my TV for 3 weeks or so. I won't fall for the crap so no sense in watching the BS Liberal Media Blitz :) I couldn't even tell you what they are all talking about right now... Thank god! haha

On the other hand, talks have been brought up with Supervisors and Management about allowing certain Railroad jobs carry concealed so long they are permit holders. A few of the jobs called "Locals" that service the area businesses go about their day by shifting out business', delivering and picking up goods and products. I myself have been in a situation where a my train was blocking a road crossing and irate citizens have gotten out of their vehicle and approached me with rage...

Unfortunately, we had an individual put his hands on one of my co-workers and the co-worker subdued him, firmly lol.. all on "Rail-cam" from the locomotive and that is what prompted the talks because this is slowly becoming worse as the days go by. I must add that when you step out of your car and onto railroad property, you are trespassing on Federal Railroad property... big no no.. :p

Thanks for the kudos guys......But have you called, emailed, wrote or faxed your Senators or Representatives yet? LoL

I hope I don't sound like a broken record yet on urging everyone to make some phonecalls but after witnessing, over the past week, the power that a large group of people expressing their opinions has on these decisions I want to be sure to start early on D.C.

We only had about a 4 day notice here in Illinois that the Chicagocrats were going to try and shove a Bill through....but because we have a very dedicated group of people watching Springfield like a hawk and a pretty rapid communications network that has been built up through our years of fighting for CCW we were able to put the pressure on the Legislators in a hurry. Out of the HUNDREDS of witness slips that were filed in opposition of these Bills, only 3 were filed in support of them. The only reason politicians think that people support firearms regulations is because the Anti's are the ones that make the most noise. Time for us to make some noise of our own so they realize that MOST Americans simply want to be left alone......period.

One thing this would do if this passes, no one under 21 could own anything that they deem as an assault weapon.

And I'm unsure how that would affect any current owners that are under the age of 21 that may currently own something they may deem an assault weapon already.

What would they do with it for 3 years?

I also do not understand this. Does this mean that if you're LEO or MIL that you're exempt and every other parent in the country isnt'? If so, that's a crock.

RESPONSIBILITY OF ADULTS FOR DEATH AND INJURY CAUSED BY CHILD ACCESS TO FIREARMS.

Paragraph (2) shall not apply if--

`(B) the person is a peace officer, a member of the Armed Forces, or a member of the National Guard, and the child obtains the firearm during, or incidental to, the performance of the official duties of the person in that capacity;

------------------------------

H. R. 65
Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act of 2013

A BILL
To prevent children's access to firearms.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Child Gun Safety and Gun Access Prevention Act of 2013'.

SEC. 2. INCREASING YOUTH GUN SAFETY BY RAISING THE AGE OF HANDGUN ELIGIBILITY AND PROHIBITING YOUTH FROM POSSESSING SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

Section 922(x) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)--

(A) by striking `juvenile' and inserting `person who is less than 21 years of age';

(B) by striking `or' at the end of subparagraph (A);

(C) by striking the period at the end of subparagraph (B) and inserting a semicolon; and

(D) by adding at the end the following:

`(C) a semiautomatic assault weapon; or

`(D) a large capacity ammunition feeding device.';

(2) in paragraph (2)--

(A) by striking `a juvenile' and inserting `less than 21 years of age';

(B) by striking `or' at the end of subparagraph (A);

(C) by striking the period at the end of subparagraph (B) and inserting a semicolon; and

(D) by inserting at the end the following:

`(C) a semiautomatic assault weapon; or

`(D) a large capacity ammunition feeding device.';

(3) in paragraph (3)(A), by inserting `temporary' before `possession';

(4) in paragraph (3)(B), by striking `juvenile' and inserting `person who is less than 21 years of age';

(5) in paragraph (3)(C), by striking `juvenile; or' and inserting `person who is less than 21 years of age;';

(6) by striking subparagraph (D) of paragraph (3) and inserting the following:

`(D) the possession of a handgun or ammunition by a person who is less than 21 years of age taken in defense of that person or other persons against an intruder into the residence of that person or a residence in which that person is an invited guest; or';

(7) by adding at the end of paragraph (3) the following:

`(E) a temporary transfer of a handgun or ammunition to a person who is at least 18 years of age and less than 21 years of age, or the temporary use or possession of a handgun or ammunition by a person who is at least 18 years of age and less than 21 years of age, if the handgun and ammunition are possessed and used by the person--

`(i) in the course of employment, in the course of ranching or farming related to activities at the residence of the person (or on property used for ranching or farming at which the person, with the permission of the property owner or lessee, is performing activities related to the operation of the farm or ranch), target practice, hunting, or a course of instruction in the safe and lawful use of a handgun; and

`(ii) in accordance with State and local law.'; and

(8) in paragraph (4), by striking `juvenile' each place it appears and inserting `person who is less than 21 years of age'.

SEC. 3. ENHANCED PENALTY FOR YOUTH POSSESSION OF HANDGUNS AND SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS AND FOR THE TRANSFER OF SUCH WEAPONS TO YOUTH.

Section 924(a)(6) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(6)(A) A juvenile who violates section 922(x) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both, and for a second or subsequent violation, or for a first violation committed after an adjudication of delinquency or after a State or Federal conviction for an act that, if committed by an adult, would be a serious violent felony (as defined in section 3559(c) of this title), shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

`(B) A person other than a juvenile who knowingly violates section 922(x)--

`(i) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than five years, or both; and

`(ii) if the person sold, delivered, or otherwise transferred a handgun, ammunition, semiautomatic assault weapon, or large capacity ammunition feeding device to a person who is less than 21 years of age knowing or having reasonable cause to know that such person intended to carry or otherwise possess or discharge or otherwise use the handgun, ammunition, semiautomatic assault weapon, or large capacity ammunition feeding device in the commission of a crime of violence, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both.'.

SEC. 4. GUN STORAGE AND SAFETY DEVICES FOR ALL FIREARMS.

(a) Secure Gun Storage or Safety Devices by Federal Firearms Licensees- Section 922(z) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(z) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell, transfer, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer) unless the transferee is provided with a secure gun storage or safety device.'.

(b) Penalties- Section 924(p) of such title is amended to read as follows:

`(p) The Attorney General may, after notice and opportunity for hearing, suspend or revoke any license issued under this chapter or may subject the licensee to a civil penalty of not more than $10,000 if the holder of such license has knowingly violated section 922(z). The actions of the Attorney General under this subsection may be reviewed only as provided in section 923(f).'.

(c) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall be effective 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act.

SEC. 5. RESPONSIBILITY OF ADULTS FOR DEATH AND INJURY CAUSED BY CHILD ACCESS TO FIREARMS.

Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(aa)(1) In this subsection, the term `child' means an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.

`(2) Except as provided in paragraph (3), any person who--

`(A) keeps a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, any one of which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, within any premises that is under the custody or control of that person;

`(B) knows, or recklessly disregards the risk, that a child is capable of gaining access to the firearm; and

`(C)(i) knows, or recklessly disregards the risk, that a child will use the firearm to cause death or serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of this title) to the child or any other person; or

`(ii) knows, or recklessly disregards the risk, that possession of the firearm by the child is unlawful under Federal or State law,

if the child uses the firearm to cause death or serious bodily injury to the child or any other person, shall be imprisoned not more than 3 years, fined under this title, or both.

`(3) Paragraph (2) shall not apply if--

`(A) at the time the child obtained access, the firearm was secured with a secure gun storage or safety device;

`(B) the person is a peace officer, a member of the Armed Forces, or a member of the National Guard, and the child obtains the firearm during, or incidental to, the performance of the official duties of the person in that capacity;

`(C) the child uses the firearm in a lawful act of self-defense or defense of 1 or more other persons; or

`(D) the person has no reasonable expectation, based on objective facts and circumstances, that a child is likely to be present on the premises on which the firearm is kept.'.

SEC. 6. REQUIREMENT THAT CHILD BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT DURING A GUN SHOW.

(a) Prohibitions- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is further amended by adding at the end the following:

`(bb)(1) The parent or legal guardian of a child shall ensure that, while the child is attending a gun show, the child is accompanied by an adult.

`(2) It shall be unlawful for a person to conduct a gun show to which there is admitted a child who is not accompanied by an adult.

`(3) In this subsection:

`(A) The term `child' means an individual who has not attained 18 years of age.

`(B) The term `adult' means an individual who has attained 18 years of age.'.

(b) Penalties- Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(8) Whoever violates section 922(bb) in a State shall be punished in accordance with the laws of the State that apply to persons convicted of child abandonment.'.

SEC. 7. GRANTS FOR GUN SAFETY EDUCATION PROGRAMS.

(a) Program Authority- The Attorney General is authorized to provide grants to units of local government to enable law enforcement agencies to develop and sponsor gun safety classes for parents and their children.

(b) Application-

(1) IN GENERAL- Any unit of local government that desires to receive a grant award under this section shall submit an application to the Attorney General at such time, in such manner and containing such information as the Attorney General may reasonably require.

(2) CONTENTS- Each application referred to in paragraph (1) shall include an assurance that--

(A) funds received under this section shall be used only to provide funds to law enforcement agencies to provide gun safety classes; and

(B) gun safety classes will be offered at times convenient to parents, including evenings and weekends.

(c) Regulations- The Attorney General shall issue any regulations necessary to carry out this section.

SEC. 8. EDUCATION: NATIONWIDE FIREARMS SAFETY PROGRAMS.

It is the sense of Congress that--

(1) each school district should provide or participate in a firearms safety program for students in grades kindergarten through 12 and should consult with a certified firearms instructor before establishing the curriculum for the program; and

(2) participation by students in a firearms safety program should not be mandatory if the district receives written notice from a parent of the student to exempt the student from the program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A) The term `child' means an individual who has not attained 18 years of age.

I always thought when you were 16 you were a young adult. That's what I was brought up to understand....

So if an 18 year old picks up the "assault rifle" that Uncle Sam handed him and uses it to kill a guy he doesn't know, in a country he can't pronounce, for a cause he doesn't understand it is okay.......but if that same 18 year old picks up his AR at home to protect his loved ones from the criminal kicking the front door in he's a felon?

Screw that.

Good posts last night guys. I enjoyed reading them this morning.

Piers Morgan versus Alex Jones
Jones had a great line:Why did you get fired from the Daily Mirror for putting out fake stories? You're a hatchet man of the New World Order. You're a hatchet man! And I'm going to say this here, you think you're a tough guy? Have me back with a boxing ring and I'll wear red, white, and blue, and you'll wear your Jolly Roger.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyKofFih8Y[/youtube]

Edit, read this just now:
Radio host Alex Jones says his CNN confrontation with host Piers Morgan last night was so volatile that one of the producers of the show burst into tears during the commercial break. According to Jones, the fact that the showdown became so out of control and off-script overwhelmed CNN staffers and sent them into a tailspin, including Piers Morgan Tonight producer Rachel Burstein, who began to shed tears.
My one concern is when Morgan sits their like the dumbass that he is and Larry Pratt or Alex Jones goes off on him, sheeple that are on the fence for gun restrictions may think they have emotional problems and shouldn't have guns. They won't hear the argument being made for the 2A.

Tim4k5 said:
So if an 18 year old picks up the "assault rifle" that Uncle Sam handed him and uses it to kill a guy he doesn't know, in a country he can't pronounce, for a cause he doesn't understand it is okay.......but if that same 18 year old picks up his AR at home to protect his loved ones from the criminal kicking the front door in he's a felon?

Screw that.

^^ THIS!! ^^

It is so long their agenda is being completed on both fronts! Keeping control back home and taking control over seas! "NEW WORLD ORDER" Bush said it first...

EDIT: Does anyone have the information on the North Dakota arrest made with a predator drone? :O

New bill to attack ammo sales in Kalifornia. The feds love to look to them for ideas.

“2,800 people in California were killed last year by gunfire," Skinner said. "It is easier to buy bullets than cough medicine or alcohol. It should not be that easy. We need to have much more scrutiny when it comes to the purchase of guns."

Monday she unveiled Assembly Bill 48. It would require bullet buyers to show identification. It would also require ammunition dealers to be licensed and report all sales to the department of justice.

Emmeryville police chief Ken James supports the tighter restrictions.

”Right now you can buy bullets in any store and the sale is not recorded”, James said. "Gun violence will continue unless we control the sale of bullets."

As usual, they don't explain how this law would stop anything. They don't say how it would affect internet sales of a perfectly legal product. They don't mention that it is a defacto gun owners list. They don't mention what they will do when someone lawfully owns 20,000 rounds of ammo. They don't say what will be next when gun violence doesn't decline becasue of their b.s. law.

The whole article...caution, may cause nausea: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Shooting-Prompt-New-Gun-Bill-185968592.html?dr

carbinemike said:
My one concern is when Morgan sits their like the dumbass that he is and Larry Pratt or Alex Jones goes off on him, sheeple that are on the fence for gun restrictions may think they have emotional problems and shouldn't have guns. They won't hear the argument being made for the 2A.

I think Jones made some great points here however I agree with you in the thought that he should have kept his cool while doing so. That may have been a "better" representation of our gun culture. Then again he probably wouldn't have gotten a word in edge wise if he would have taken that approach. These jackasses like morgan are pretty good at manipulating and dominating conversations.

***Today I wrote the President Of The United States for the first time in my life. I feel a little better now.

I sent a letter to all of my reps including the President last week but this one was more personal.

I can agree that he did explode a little but I think right now we cannot afford to be passive aggressive and need to be on the offense. We aren't really fighting against the general public anymore... We are fighting the corrupt "leaders" and others in positions of power... Show them that we mean business and are going on the offense.. I give him 2 thumbs up for a job well done lol

I think the tactics that the Gov't are using are defeating ours because they have a larger spread of people willing to believe them without a fight or question. The NRA, GOA, and Gun Owners in General look weak because we haven't made a huge accomplishment against the Gov't in the public's eye. "We the People" need to show that We still have the Power in this country...

Just a little rant :p I'm done

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/us/califo ... homepage-t

California School Shooting! Feinstein comments. Just like her to ride the coat tails of an incident to further her agenda. I won't be surprised if we see shotguns added to her list.

The gun control Laws worked again (sarcasm). Might as well make more of them (sarcasm). Obviously having an armed officer patrol the school worked to (sarcasm).

I blame media on all these copy cats. Media gives these yahoos the fame they seek. If they didn't cover names and details, I think less of this would happen. I think they "evil people" are getting ideas from the media.

I am going to stop while I am so heated.

Frank

As for the armed officer at the school, I had heard he was not there yesterday.

Rossignol said:
As for the armed officer at the school, I had heard he was not there yesterday.

the article I read last night said that the officer couldn't make it due to snowy roads. WTF! the students and staff were all able to make it for "human target day"!!!!! man this really ticks me off. yes I know I don't have all of the details but come on.

so who is really at fault here? the irresponsible owner of the shotgun who left it unsecured? the officer who didn't make it to work? the police department that didn't cover the absent officers shift? the school for not having metal detectors or checking everyone at the door? the guy who witnessed the kid walking towards the school with a shotgun and called police instead of calling the school to worn them or attempting to stop the shooter?

The answer is (or will be) none of the above. it's the guns fault!

Good points. I especially agree on the point of the guy callin police without(?) putin the school on lock down immediately if indeed the kid was witnessed walkin through the halls with the gun.

This may sound like a dumb rhetorical question, but its intended to make a point based on the shotgun used. Can we say all firearms are potentially dangerous and not just those that look scary? Are we bein told a "hunting" or "sporting" firearm is lethal too? Thus far we've been told "assault" weapons were the issue.

Can either of you two verify that it was a kid and his target was a bully? Because, that would definitely show motive and void out the News. Not that the media doesn't play a huge role in all of this, but there are some other triggers out there we need to be looking at as well, at least when it come to young individuals shooting.

As far as the "style" of weapons are concerned... They will start where they can get leverage. Right now "Scary" guns show the most promise for getting a running start on gun laws and restrictions. Once they get their foot in the door and know what words to use, they will certainly come after firearms with Wood and Synthetic Camo stocks... As discussed earlier they will call a high powered rifle a "sniper" rifle and claim that only the military has use for .338 Lapua and .300 WIN MAG to shoot out over 1000yds. Because, civilians don't have target sports or anything *rolls eyes*

Back