• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Statement From the NRA...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Statement From the NRA Regarding Today's White House Task Force Meeting

Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals.

We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not.

-NRA-
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. Four million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and on Twitter @NRA.

Each day I am hearing more and more about this topic. And each day I am liking less and less of what I hear. I was at my local gun shop the other day and the fella helping me said he had people waiting outside at 8 a.m. to purchase AR rounds and other misc. items. It seemed like half the store was bought out. I have been disregarding those telling me "stock-up" and get it before its gone because I've figured any new gun laws would move slow enough for me to purchase what goodies I may like. However, I am thinking more and more about stock piling my ammo and grabbing which guns I can, how real is this threat of our second amendment?

I agree that tradegies such as Newtown should never have to happen again, but I don't think the direction we are going is helping to prevent further instances.

Well Dan, I think that visit to the white house pretty much was a show and accomplished what anyone expected...nothing.

BPWhelan, It seems as if we are facing the perfect anti gun storm. The anti's have had loss after loss since the '94 ban. They lost Congress in '96, the ban died, they lost Heller and state after state enacted shall issue laws. They are currently emboldened by the Obama victory and the raw emotions from Sandyhook. They don't understand guns and they don't like them. They look at the world to simply and would rather blame an object instead of the evil that pulls the trigger. This time their full agenda is coming out all at once and we hear about draconian bans and even talk of confiscation. This is all driving the current panic buying.

No one here knows how this will pan out. I can't tell you to deplete resources buying guns and ammo. I would say to look around this site and read the threads, check other websites (like PAFOA) and read the news to make an informed decision for yourself. Be involved. Support pro gun groups like the NRA and GOA. Check out the thread on the rallies at the state capitals. Maybe I'll see you in Harrisburg!

Back