• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sighting In Your Mossberg Tactical .22 715T

Re: Shooting way low

no, if you look just in front of the sight pin, there is a little "button", if you push this down with a pen tip or something similar, you can turn the sight pin fairly easily

Interesting, to me at least

I was just browsing the Mossberg web site and was looking at the rifles and noticed this...

the sights on the 715T Flat Top
timthumb2_zps8e423ffb.png

Look to be the same sights that are on the $950 MMR Tactical....
timthumb_zpsc2cfbae8.png

I just found it interesting. :D

Re: Interesting, to me at least

Not surprising considering how Mossberg builds guns. Nice find.

Re: Interesting, to me at least

Makes sense to me.

Even Colt is putting plastic rear BUIS on their 6920 Magpul MOE carbines (SP6920MP-B AR-15A3)...

Newbie-complete fail on sighting a scope

Ok, so this is my first rifle. I purchased a flat top 715T and a NcSTAR 3-9x40 scope. I spent an hour yesterday and an hour today at the range. The best I could get at 25 yrds was about 5 inches low and 3 inches to the left, with adjustments maxed out. Since it's my first time trying to sight a scope, I'm guessing I'm missing something?

I removed the stock sights and put the scope on before firing a round. I'm lost...

Re: Newbie-complete fail on sighting a scope

Are you firing with the gun benched?

Hmmmm, don't know I can help. I'm interested in some insight here too.

Welcome from StL. MO.

Ouch, two new components and you are maxed put on both elevation and windage?! Is that correct?
Also, no other scope or rifle to determine which is the problem?

My guess - It is either a warped rail and that should be obvious to the naked eye if it takes the scope's complete adjustment. I'd lay a straight edge on it from all angles.

If it's not the rail, it has to be the scope OR the mounting rings. Double check the install. Find a friend who has installed and zeroed optics before - also a scope that is on another gun that you can mount. Swap them. See if the problem follows the scope. NcStar is in the lower end of the market but should work fine with the 715. If it is defective, return it.

Pretty basic stuff to start. Rail, mounting, scope defect. Narrow down where the problem lies.
If you bought either at a local gun shop they should be willing to help as well.

Rail seems fine. I'll have to see if I can find someone with another scope...or someone with some experience to give me a hand. I maxed both settings, height and wind. Pretty frustrating, especially since it's a lucky day when you can find ammo around here :x

Forgot to mention...no, I don't have another rifle or scope. My shotgun doesn't have a rail, and my only other gun is a 1944 German P38...so no help there :roll:

Was a gun shop involved with either purchase?

Got a friend with a scoped rifle?

mingaa said:
Was a gun shop involved with either purchase?

Got a friend with a scoped rifle?

The purchase was from a pawn shop that sells new and used guns.

old mossy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxlHTGyPhm0

i found this,maybe it'll help you.
have you bore sighted the rifle?

New to this, but can the 715 be bore sighted? I don't see how...

Back