• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: 500 slugster

the mount also covers about 90% of the design. i will just have to remove the mount to see the #. what year did they start drilling and taping for scopes

Re: 500 slugster

mytyace,

Determining year by drilling and tapping of the receiver will not help you here, unless you know for a fact that it is factory, and even then the range will be broad. Any gun smith can provide the drill and tap service, as well as some DIY.

If you really need to know your born on date, your best bet is to reference the Serial Number. If it is not that important, go shoot and have fun.

Frank

I have a 56044 (500 Special Hunter). 24" Rifled /Ported barrel, 5+1 capacity, ATI Talon stock, Center Point scope... see more in my introduction thread...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Just ordered a 54125 - Mossberg 500, 18", 5+1, pistol grip, breached barrel, matte black. I'm toying with the idea of putting on a standard stock that I have from another 500 (I put a tactical stock on that one for my wife to give shorter LOP). I'm excited!

Congrats on the new boomstick!

One of mine started off as a pistol grip only model. Best thing I ever did was put a stock on it. It gets a LOT more use now. Be sure to post some pics once it arrives...

Just bought it today, picking it up next Thursday. I can't wait to fire some rounds threw it, bought some Federal 2-3/4" slugs and Military 2-3/4" buck shot for it. Looking at adding a red dot scope as it'll be mostly used for home defense but might see some Deer Hunting next year.

emany5e3.jpg

Give them nothing, but take from them everything...

Re: Proud new owner of the Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 1

Congrats on the new 500 and welcome to the site. I'm pretty new around here myself but have been enjoying the info and advice offered from these folks. Been very helpful along to way.

Be very careful. You'll be amazed how fast stuff starts sticking to it. :eek:

Mine used to look like that.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 572
I have a 500, I was sure it was just a "regular" stock shotgun, if that makes sense, however after looking through these pictures I was wondering if someone could identify exactly what I should call it when speaking of it.
I purchased it with the full stock on but it also came with a pistol grip.
I'm interested in finding out this info because in the near future I'm looking forward to adding some goodies but I do not want to purchase the wrong size/ model addons, specifically I would like to put a longer barrell. I will post a pic below and in line with the topic question I now pose to you good folks "Which Mossberg 500 do I have?" Thanks a lot.

8396613853_d7ab7e5e82_m.jpg

Nice pickup. Where did you buy your 500? I can't find them anywhere.

Snaggletooth said:
Congrats on the new 500 and welcome to the site. I'm pretty new around here myself but have been enjoying the info and advice offered from these folks. Been very helpful along to way.

Be very careful. You'll be amazed how fast stuff starts sticking to it. :eek:

Mine used to look like that.

Mike

Nice, I just want a flashlight mounted on it.

Jay_320 said:
Nice pickup. Where did you buy your 500? I can't find them anywhere.

Cabelas, they have a lot right now. Just glad to be picking one up before the "Evil looking weapons ban" took affect.

Looks like you've got one of the Special Purpose models, a 500 'Persuader' model #50521 to be more precise.

What length barrel are you looking to add?

I was thinking 28'' or 26'' . Ive been shooting trap alot more with my current barrel which is 18'' I think. A lot of the guys at the range have been getting a real kick out of it and told me to try with a longer one. Ive still done half-decent shooting 19/25. Im still a beginner and have only gone out >10 times so any advice is much appreciated.
My cause for concern about buying the correct sizes and what not was raised b/c a fellow at the range told me he had a mossberg 500 and bought a longer barrell and it never fit right.
Thanks a lot!

B

Any of Mossberg's "field" barrels should be drop-in replacements on your 500.

The thing you need to look at is the lug for the mag tube. As long as the barrel is meant to fit on a 5 round mag tube you're good to go...

Welcome to the Forums!! Very nice choice in firearm! :D

I can give those Winchester Mil-spec 00 Buck a +1 I have a little under 75 stored away and the same with the Federal Slugs! :)

Welcome to MO, congratulations!

Nice purchase and welcome to MO!

Itsricmo said:
Welcome to the Forums!! Very nice choice in firearm! :D

I can give those Winchester Mil-spec 00 Buck a +1 I have a little under 75 stored away and the same with the Federal Slugs! :)

Bought a few boxes of these today.

7epapepu.jpg

And this on sale for 44$..

5aqatuhu.jpg

za9epupe.jpg

That's a sweet case and great price too!

Rossignol said:
That's a sweet case and great price too!

Hell yeah! I couldn't pass it up!

Back