• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trouble with switching out magazines

Fredenbur1

Copper BB
Okay I bought a mossberg 715t with a 25 round magazine. The problem is that New York State doesn't allow me to have that capacity fora magazine. Can I just buy a 10 round magazine or do I have to alter the gun or buy other things to add to the weapon?

i believe the 10 rd mags will work. i will buy your 25 round mag if you want to sell it. i don't have any 10 rounders to trade or i would do that. hope this helps

i see...i am guessing you bought this online and had it shipped to you. were you aware ahead of time about the law? have you contacted the seller to see if you could exchange the magazine? have you asked the ffl if he would send the mag back to the seller at your cost if the seller will trade? or if he would ship it to me if the seller will not trade. i'm in pa where i can have the 25 round mags

Here's what you need to do.

Call Mossberg customer service...

(800) 363-3555

Ask to speak with Edna if she's available. Explain that due to your state laws you were sold a 715T with no magazine and you should be able to get a free 10rd mag from Mossberg. If you run into any issues, post back here or PM me with details and I'll do what I can to make sure you get a 10rd mag free of charge.

- L.E.S.

Back