• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camillus Blades

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Ok. I have finally received my order of knife parts n pieces. I purchased a bunch of Camillus knives from a company called Gunblack (A vendor over on the Ithaca Owners forum).

I started shaping the brass guard on the Pilots knife last night. Here's what it looks like.

NFBNLl.jpg

wnChll.jpg

The blade sits nice n snug against the guard. Next is the Cocobolo handle....

I'm not sure what kind of wood I want to use next though. I just bought some dyed & stabilized buckeye burl. they feel like plastic, but look flippin sweet. IDK....I'll make up my mind when the time comes...

Oh Yeah!!

Getting the popcorn ready for this build along.

Camillus MKII

Since I had them out to take pic of new Ek also took a pic of the MKII my dad had while in the service.

Attachments

• Camillus MKII.JPG
    Camillus MKII.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 605
Sweet knife. It looks like my usn mark 1. Same kind of sheath too.

ripjack13 said:
Sweet knife. It looks like my usn mark 1. Same kind of sheath too.

Thanks.
Nope it's a well used USN MK2, guard marked.
Had a MK1 as well but that's another story.
Not sure how my post ended up under your's but unintended.
Cant wait to see your finished product.

Is it just me, or do most guys who like things that go bang... also like things that will slice??? Great work so far Ripjack!

n3leh.jpg

I need to figure out how I want the handle shaped....

old toolbox knife

A couple years ago I rescued this old Camillus from the tool box. It now lives in the cabin and is used for yardwork and hikes. The leather handle sprouted mold during some prolonged rains, so I ordered a new one by ontario which they list as a Navy knife. The new one is really nice, other than the rope cutter which gets in the way a little. The sheath is also a real plus point.

Both knives are still in use, but the rubber handled one is definitely better.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 372
Those are great knives. Thanx for sharing!

Woo. I finally got around to shaping the handle. I wasn't planning on working on it...but as I was straightening up my lil shop of horrors it ended up in my hands. ;) I'll post pix later this week. I'll be doing quite a bit of OT this week again. 10-14 hrs daily. I can't complain...at least I'm working....

It says image on my phone. Did they show up? I cant see em..

Back