• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

Dang. Just dang.

So, things that were already illegal, are still illegal but with heavier sentences. Sounds legit, just incase someone was on the fence about becoming a criminal.

Things that weren't before, now are.

I don't read heavy legal stuff real often, but I didn't see a "grandfather clause" in there. What I saw was stuff about it bein legal to a range or surendering to authorities, so do firearms and magazines have to be turned in?

i guess this makes my old persuader 7+1 an assault rifle ? :)

and taurus 9 shot .22 revolver an assault weapon ?

So I still get to potentially use my 715 and 702, as long as I load the ten rounds mags with only 7 rounds. If any of you are thinking of moving to New York, please re-think the move. This state is rapidly becoming the biggest hole in the earth below a small wooden outbuilding there is. Oh well, they will continue to put rules out ther for the lay abiding folks to go by while letting the thugs and gang bangers get away with what ever they want. Hopefully, the rest of the folks in the country who enjoy our hobby have noted what our wonderful Gov Cuomo has done so when he runs for Prez in 2016, he can find out just how strong the voice of those who support our rights as legal gun owners really is.
Thanks for letting me rant.

"Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York City, a vocal advocate of gun control, hailed the legislation, saying it “protects the Second Amendment rights of people, and at the same time it makes all New Yorkers safer.” "

One day I fear they will allow us only to use sling shots and still tell us our Second Amendment rights haven't been violated.

OK. Someone is starting to take action:

Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301

Successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York. According to Mr. Tresmond the new ban is illegal as it is an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal Court.

We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:

SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to:

psacco1@twcny.rr.com
WE ARE COLLECTING AS MANY AS POSSIBLE AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!

Cuomo has gone too far. He is an island - now hated by a very large percentage of the US population. I believe (not alone here) that he thought this move was part of paving the road to the White House. He could not be more mistaken and has overstepped bounds that will work against him from this point forward. He has just declared a historically radical position that will be his ruin. Within the people of NYC and the great state of New York are a majority of individuals that will not tolerate this kind of repression. He wanted to be the first to act on behalf of the American people in the name of the Newtown tragedy. He managed that but he has fallen on his face. It is up to all americans who support freedom as well as second ammendment rights to drive this point home - to humiliate him as the radical that he accuses others of being. He has opened the door of repression and it is up to the American people to close it soundly in his face. *phew*

old mossy said:
i guess this makes my old persuader 7+1 an assault rifle ? :)

and taurus 9 shot .22 revolver an assault weapon ?
Did they ban magazines or guns?! Time to check on those who move too quickly without thought. Cuomo will fall with this move. He has made a major political error!

Yes - does he even realize he is a boy toy?
"Andrew, we will make you an important man in the party - you will rise to the stature of a national contender- do it...do it!" FOOL!!

Fellow patriots I want to make one thing clear. We were sold out by the Republicans in the senate. That was the body that could have stalled and broken the bill into sections. Half went RINO including the majority leader.

Do NOT think for a second it can't happen in your state. You should start the pressure NOW.

We bombarded the republicans in the senate to the point where voice mails were full. It was a back door deal from the start.

I wanted to storm Albany the week before Christmas but had no support from my fellow gun owners.

If you even feel your state may be on the fence, group up and go nose to nose to your capital along with calls, mail, and emails.

Lawsuits are being formed at the moment. Hope we can strike various portions o the bill down. We won't kill the whole thing though.

Ill be in Albany with a group of at least 70 this Saturday from the island. No sticks on your signs per Albany rules.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

I am trying to fly back from SHOT Show early to make this meet in Albany...

Water Monkey said:
Fellow patriots I want to make one thing clear. We were sold out by the Republicans in the senate.

As I have been delicately trying to say here for a while without trying to offend my M.O. friends or sound like a nut...Rep,Dem,Lib or whatever.....they are all controlled by a higher power, a secret power, a one world power.
We are it….the last of a dying breed. As it pertains to the world view we are the LAST holdout, we must be disarmed above all things in the eyes of world government
Don’t go for the BS , you are all starting to see how the blind flag waving American has been taken for a ride .
I love a patriot, or even someone who thinks they are, but you all have been duped......don’t worry , i was duped too, just a long time ago before it was popular to resist amongst the ranks of staunch right minded gun owners......the sooner you realize there is no spoon, the better off you will be , liberated mentally even.

I wish I was in a position to be there to help. If any of you in neighboring states can at all get to NY on the 19th it wouldn’t hurt to help or brothers and sisters in arms to make a good showing at the capital. They need everyone’s help, ideas, options right now…..dont give up and retain you arms at all costs.

There are many steps and degrees of fight left here. Dan D. is taking the next logical step with the litigation because that is one of the last civilized answers to the problem.
All civilized avenues must be exhausted soeveryone can look back on these next few years with a clear conscious. Litigation can have teeth, much more then the letters that all got deleted by the people who needed to read them. You all got to representatives at best, and really they are the whipping child of real politicians.

Enough ranting, everyone needs to do what they can to assist New Yorkers in their struggle with this, even if you don’t care about NY you should care about them because they are Americans

As I have been delicately trying to say here for a while without trying to offend my M.O. friends or sound like a nut...Rep,Dem,Lib or whatever.....they are all controlled by a higher power, a secret power, a one world power.
Follow the money folks.

Enough ranting, everyone needs to do what they can to assist New Yorkers in their struggle with this, even if you don’t care about NY you should care about them because they are Americans
Yes, this will be others soon enough if it isn't stopped.

carbinemike said:
oli700 said:
Follow the money folks.

ahhhh the root of all evil, it doesn’t buy happiness but I'd like to see you live happily without it. It is the end all be all of power and persuasion. In one way or another most of what we do, how we do it and what we support is money driven. I am guilty as anyone

I'm thinking about the thousands of law-abiding...GUN OWNING... NY service men and women, my fellow coasties included... that yesterday, were defending New York citizens freedoms on foreign soil, defending New York citizens freedoms at home and protecting their way of life, who are now FELLONS according to these new laws. I'm at a loss of words.

Can anyone tell me how I can help from way up here, I would like to do something!!!

You can write/email NY reps in Albany and DC and support as possible organizations fighting for the 2A.

Aksavanaman, this administartion via Janet Napolitano at Homeland Security has a report labeling returning ex service people as potential domestic terrorists. I'm on her report to since I support less federal government.

I have a stupid question, what do all the gun shops in NY do with any remaining inventory? Can they sell it? Anybody know?

That's actually a very good question Joe.

Back