• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

they have one year to sell it out of state or destroy it....the way i read it. But I'm not a lawyer

Yeah, I think businesses are screwed but I'm sure they will have no problem unloading product in other states with the current buying frenzy going on.

I see a new business opportunity. Out of state storage of firearms for people whole live in states with rules like this. The only problam would be making sure you can get them back when you move, the law changes you travel, etc.

I know a few people in MI that store their MI resticted NFA items in other states. When the AG allowed cans, people drove to the border and had them within the hour. LOL

I would like to see Gun and Ammo Manufacturers boycott NY. Or any other state that tries to pull this type of thing.

Barret Arms boycotted California a few years ago. They even published two page spreads in most fire arm magazines. If I remember correctly it was something along the lines of. Since California baned 50 cal weapons to their people, violating their 2nd Ammendment Right (the people of California), Barret Arms will no longer support any California Agency (Still able to use their firearms) with Fire Arms, Parts, or Ammunition. They said they would support the Calif. Agencies once the ban was lifted to the people. As far as I know, they have upheld their promise.

Frank

along with several ditributors and companies that sell anything that can be questionable in California, yet here we are in the same boat.

Something needs to happen related to NY's economy and firearms industry to ruin the state, unfortunately this will take a lot of good innocent people with it. Unless you get to the pocketbook, they don’t feel the sting.

Having been an FFL for a number of years, CA is overly restrictive in their firearm transfer requirements.

When they mandated that out of state weapons must go through their DOJ and get permits FOR EACH SHIPMENT, that is when I, and the majority of FFL's stopped selling to CA altogether.

It was cost prohibitive for me to hire dedicated personnel just to handle and deal with CA sales, so, I stopped selling to them entirely.

If the law had been to provide the DOJ a true copy of my federal and state licenses to get a permit number that CA DOJ could've processed or referenced would've been one thing and I would've done that, but to get a permit FOR EACH GUN or each package I sent to CA ?!?

Sorry charlie.

John A. said:
It was cost prohibitive

hit-the-nail-on-the-head_zps8a37cd1f.jpg

this will be the end of it all, this is how they get ya

NY should be heading to review in the courts and Cuomo will never live it down.

Doesn't article 1 of the constitution prevent 'ex post fact' laws which should benefit NY in this case?
Article 1 Section 9: "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."
In as much as they cannot now make something illegal if it was legal at the time you did it.
This would not prevent them from making future purchases illegal.
The people of New York have a constitutional issue with their new gun control laws beyond the obvious 2nd amendment infringement.

Does the online restriction also apply to parts? Such as if I needed a new bolt for my 500 - could I buy one online and have it shipped here to NY? Or is it, in general, all internet sales of ALL firearm related items?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OK so firearms themselves and parts are still OK? I misunderstood that part... these things are too vague at times

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Unless that firearm or magazine is part of the new ban you can order the firearm and send it to the FFL dealer. Parts can still be mailed your home from my understanding.

I'm still working out if an online ammo dealer can ship to your home if you ordered prior to the ban but has not shipped when the ban was enacted. A few friends have this concern. I think I found that you can from reading section 50 and the enactment of the law of various sections in section 58 of this god awful bill.

I just saw this:

NEW YORK (WABC) -- It appears someone forgot to exempt police officers from the ban of ammunition clips with more than 7 bullets in New York State's new gun control law.

It's a big oversight that apparently happened in the haste by the Cuomo Administration to get a tough package of gun-control measures signed into law.

On Tuesday, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the sweeping gun measure, the nation's toughest. It includes a ban on the possession of high-capacity magazines.

Specifically, magazines with more than 7 rounds will be illegal under the new law.

The problem as the statute is currently written does NOT exempt law enforcement officers.

The NYPD, the State Police and virtually every law enforcement agency in the state carry 9-milli-meter guns, which have a 15-round capacity.

Unless an exemption is added by the time the law takes effect in March, police would technically be in violation of the new gun measure.

I shared the picture that goes along with a similar report, that points out the same thing and that it also bans all Pistols and Revolvers! This goes to show how much "care and consideration" actually goes into writing one of these!

"Assault" type weapons will have to be registered with the State police within one year. This does NOT inlcude pump shotguns or tube fed rifles. Any rifle with a removeable magazine, pistol grip, flasy supressor, and some other nit picks are considered assault under this rule. Even the 702 Plinkster is now considered an assault weapon in New York. What a frigging joke.

Back