• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Thanks guys......It's not about the Kudos and Rep points, it's about getting MORE gun owners involved on the political end of things. Donating money to the NRA, your State Rifle Association or other pro-2A groups is great....but sometimes you can accomplish a lot more by simply saying "Enough is enough" straight to their face. We all have to understand that there is only ONE thing that these Congressional cockroaches want more than Peace on Earth, Goodwill to men and that is to hold their cushy, taxpayer-funded, screw-off of a job for as long as possible. We have to voice our opinions to them enough to outweigh the vocal minority that make up this countries gun-haters.

Call, write, fax, email or just stop by their office for a visit. Even if you are in an area where the Reps are strongly for the 2A let them know your stance and tell them you fully support them as long as they protect the Constitution. Some of these politicians will flip-flop depending on how the media wind is blowing and suddenly the Rep you thought was pro-2A is voting with the anti's or negotiating a compromise that is just short of giving up. No more compromises.

No compromise, No quarter

Mr. Castle Thanks. I didn't see this originally but this I can do. LA is only two hours away versus the 1000 mile round trip to Sacramento. february 8th is a Friday. Time to schedule some leave.

Paul

Well, PA had their second pro gun rally at the capital today. For all the blowhards on the gun message board that said to skip last Saturday and go while they reps are in session, they had 100 show up. It was 20 degrees or so here today and an anti gun rally had several hundred show up. They signed up first and were inside. I guess at some point they broke into small groups and worked around the offices of the reps.

I rep'd ya. I like your points and the way you said it.

You can't, or I can't anyway with a clear conscience, sit here and say I care and not try like crazy to make it out and do something, it would drive me crazy! Ill make everyone of these I can, I hope we keep doin them!

Mike, that blows!

carbinemike said:
Well, PA had their second pro gun rally at the capital today. For all the blowhards on the gun message board that said to skip last Saturday and go while they reps are in session, they had 100 show up. It was 20 degrees or so here today and an anti gun rally had several hundred show up. They signed up first and were inside. I guess at some point they broke into small groups and worked around the offices of the reps.

Huh.. now what are the odds of that? Them bailing out this 2nd time after they blew off the first?? Sorry I couldn't make it but I got to express my opinion at work today :) Glad some good'ole country boys can talk about guns without getting into an argument! Everyone agrees :)

oli700 said:
Hear hear, I can’t give him one for you or I would.....I gave him his last one so it will be a while for me

I got it...done and done... :D

Rossignol said:
RipJack!!! I just noticed your post about new legislation! Holy crap brother, that's beyond comprehension right now! I guess CT is tryin to out do NY. Man, I still have fam in CT near Hartford in fact. I think they're libs...

Do you know if anything is bein planned for that day? Has anyone heard anything from LTB?

I got that from the CCDL email and they have the same on their FB page.

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.
He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.
As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

MORAL :
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up. Just like the liberals throwing dirt on us, shake it off and take a step up.
We are peaceful, patriotic, law abiding, tax paying, Americans. Fight against gun control with passion!!
A passion fighting for your rights...all of them.

More and more States are jumping on that bandwagon Ric........We could very well be facing another nationwide standoff concerning the issue of State Rights -vs- Federal authority. Just without a clear North/South separation this time.

Tim4k5 said:
More and more States are jumping on that bandwagon Ric........We could very well be facing another nationwide standoff concerning the issue of State Rights -vs- Federal authority. Just without a clear North/South separation this time.

This may very well b so.. But I think the States would win with the support of the people at their back. I know there are A LOT of Lefties out there but especially in PA we have a pretty strong firearms community that is backed with 100s of years of hunting. I just wish the strength could have shown at the Capitol either on the 19th or 23rd... CarbineMike and I went representing a good number of pansies that backed down... :lol:

Itsricmo said:
I had no clue these websites existed! I mean, I guess I should have known in the back of my head they do, but wow...
And I just wanted to make sure you understood that Aljazeera is simple a news outlet for the middle east, but still you see how America media is so you can draw your own conclusion, but mine was “I bet OBL watches this garbage” , it was when he was still breathing our air

oli700 said:
Itsricmo said:
I had no clue these websites existed! I mean, I guess I should have known in the back of my head they do, but wow...
And I just wanted to make sure you understood that Aljazeera is simple a news outlet for the middle east...

Yeah, I know that, but it is weird that they would be so interested in our news...

Pissed

So today at lunch I decided I needed some pants so I went to the surplus store because I wanted some more True Spec 24/7’s.

Been in here a thousand times, talked with them and what not.

I pick up my pants, cruse the entire store…..wanting a ton of shit of course.

So anyway I pick up the Ranger handbook, basically because I am a tactics head because of my job and I like this kind of knowledge.

The guy behind the counter starts telling me what a great book it is blah blah…..one thing leads to another and I ask him if he is following the 2A rallies and stuff. He says ”oh yeah, I follow that pretty close” I said “cool man, hardly anyone knew about the 19th and still 3000 showed up at the capital”……

He says” yeah we could just break away from the rest of the state and be good down here”……

I say ” Yeah, I guess but what I am talking about is a national concern blah blah”….he says

“ Break away from the US ?’….

” no, I mean the rally on the 8th, more of a national thing”…..

he says “ oh, well Salem can kiss my ass”

I said” yeah, but it’s not so much the state, although there are senate bill being proposed right now for no transfer of mags” ……

he says” Yeah they have a senate bill to make cigarettes a prescription drug”……

I about jerked him across the counter and gave him some real business…….

I wanted to put a flyer in his window….but couldn’t even get that far.

I told him if he doesn’t support is second amendment rights, smoking will be the least of his worries.

He said ”yeah, probably, business has to stay neutral on these type of things”…….

”thanks for the tactical pants and the book that tells me how to react to indirect fire”…….god we are not stacked well . Gun stores, surplus stores, sporting goods stores, need to be preaching this.

I have talked to more people that aren’t gun owners that can see the forest through the trees than gun owners who think it will go away or it isn’t affecting them……godamit gun owners are effing arrogant , self centered ass holes, I told Tyler I am going to start taking pictures of all of them so we know who not to let into camp.

I swear people better wake up because like I said before I am not a watch dog and if all these people are going to wait till it’s too late to step up…I am not going to be there for any of them, they are on their own, I am done trying to make people see the light on this…..Henson Ong for President! More patriotic and American than the 5th generation military store owners in the State of Jefferson!

Thanks for letting me vent, just hate people anymore and I am starting to hate the ones that are supposed to be on my side.

Oli, as a general rule, I dislike people. I've worked construction and fab because I can't stand the general public, id say 90% is just like what you described.

I've worked in the general public and never could get over the stupidity. They sometimes find their way into skilled trades, but are quickly weeded out because they can't take it and can't keep up. I say stupidity... some is ignorance which can be overcome, but the stupid ones will never be fixed. The closed minded can't learn.

No problem venting, that would have irritated me too! The guys at work are less and less interested as this. Drags out, its an uphill battle and I know I sound like I'm preaching at lunch. Don't know what else to do though.

I hope they are right but hope gets shit done....ask me how I know. Getting off your ass and doing something does
If I was in JC Penny’s or something fine , you go your way and I'll go mine, no problem with that. But a surplus store....flags hanging everywhere, vets in and out of the doors all day....I mean its their choice to do whatever I just think they could at least act like they care or tell the truth and say they don’t know what the issues are.
I wanted to run over and grab a 10 mag chest rig and say " if you don’t oppose what is going on right now no one will be able to buy the things that fill these thing up !!!!”.....
thanks Brad, you always put it better than me....hate is too strong but man, I was really really disappointed

Vent away Oli!...reminds me of a guy I met last month during a day of training. He saw me checking out M.O. on the lunch break and I found out he was a competition skeet shooter. I also learned that he could have cared less about anything as long as his precious hobby wasn't treatened. Made me want to grab a wad of shirt and give him a back hand slap.

We can't fix stupid. Some "pro" 2A gun guys are more in denial than the anti's.

We can only do what we can do to influence those that are willing to accept that there is a problem.

LOL Mike, wouldnt that be cool, just reach back and bitch slap 'em and they look back at ya and say "you know what, your right" lol

Back