• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

Found Another One!

Another not-to-common pistol came in on trade at my LGS. Was unbelieveably priced at $350 and I couldn't pass it up...

Beretta 92 Vertec

The 92 Vertec models were redesigned with a new 1911 style vertical grip, short-reach trigger, thinner grip panels, integral accessory rail, removable front sight (can be replaced with Tritium sight), and a beveled magazine well (to enable easier/faster reloading). This one's got some light scratches and abrasion on the slide and the barrel has seen better days, but the frame is in excellent condition. I've ordered a new barrel and she'll be good to go in no time. I'll get some better pics up tomorrow when I get some natural light...

Re: Found Another One!

You have quite the Beretta collection now! Another beauty.

Thank you Sir,

I've been searching for a decent price on a 92 Vertec Inox (stainless) for a few years, but when this one dropped into my lap I couldn't pass it up. Even with the cost of the new barrel, I'm coming out way ahead on the deal. Can't wait to get it out to the range on Saturday...

Dude, your Beretta collection is sweet! But now I'm gonna be dreaming of buying boat loads of Beretta 92 FS's at WalMart for a $199 apiece again.

Re: Let's see those Berettas...

You've got some nice guns, Lazy Eyed Sniper. If you could only choose 1 (or 2 if you just couldn't make the decision), which one(s) would they be? Your absolute favorites ... tough decision I bet. Don't include the new gun ... your in the honeymoon stage it with it and it wouldn't be fair to the others.

Not counting the new Springer (thanks for that!)...

If we're talkin only Beretta, it would have to be the Italian, hands down.

If we're talkin about choosing only one out of ALL my handguns it is my Glock 19, no second thoughts. It was my first gun and is still my favorite shooter.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
If we're talkin about choosing only one out of ALL my handguns it is my Glock 19, no second thoughts. It was my first gun and is still my favorite shooter.

There you go ... even with all the nice, cool and fancy stuff, you still come back to the basics. I'm sure there is a lesson there somewhere for us all. :eek:

Here's a pic of my sole Beretta...bought used in 2003 from a friend who decided on something different two weeks later, and sold it to me at a loss for $300.

It's a 9000S series... a polymer framed design that retains traditional open top slide styling with modern materials in 9x19, and is a Type F ( double and single action operation and firing pin block safety, and external frame-mounted manual safety/decocking latches ). This firearm is unique in the Beretta line as it can be carried "cocked and locked". Included were two 12 round magazines, a Beretta cable lock, and original plastic carry case.

It's modern looks can be traced to a legendary Italian race car ( Lamborghini, Maserati, Bugatti, Alfa Romeo ) designer...Giorgetto Giugiaro

It is also a movie star...having been used by the Tom Cruise character in Minority Report.

BERETTA 9000S TYPE F

BERETTA9000ssmall-2.jpg

my 92F. it's in rough shape. i'm in the process of cleaning it up , and making new grips..and then i'll have it coated.

Y5TvK.jpg

Nice!

I spoke with Mike over at Aimpro about one of my Berettas and they offer great prices on their refinishing services. Hit 'em up when the time comes...

Thanks!

This is actually my 3rd Beretta 92/M9 pistol. The first one I had was a Beretta 92FS Police Special. A few months after buying it I had it on consignment at a gun store and the same day I put it there on consignment I decided to watch Die Hard. That was a mistake because the next day I went back to the gun store to get my Beretta 92FS and there was a customer in there buying it. I walked away with a bit of money minus like thirty dollars for the consignment fee. I told them I had watched Die Hard the previous night and wanted it back but told the guy who was buying it to have fun. They all started laughing at that and was told I'd get a deal on another Beretta if they get any in for my troubles. I never took him up on the deal though.

The second time I bought a Beretta M9 like the one above but sold that one due to financial problems so hopefully I'll get to keep this one in my collection. I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92/M9 and is one of the best shooting 9mm handguns I've tried. :)

Hold on to this one tight!

The 92/M9 is definitely a classic and one of the smoothest shoot'n 9mm pistols I've ever put my hands on...

Back