• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

We have a rall y today. Looks like many speakers are lined up. Hopefully this will be bigger than the last two in Columbus...and bigger than the anti rally in Columbus today.

I'm pumped. Gonna be a great day! Wish I had more hands attached to me. One sign, two flags on one pole, going concealed carry...

I attended the "day of resistance" protest in a nearby county today. It was held at the town square of Red Lion, PA at "high noon". Probably 150 people which wasn't bad for the size of the town plus it was semi foggy and had a light rain the whole time. Speeches were hard to hear from a bull horn and people honking cars in support. My little carbine was sick but the carbinette went with me. She did good but got cold. I was kind of glad it was just the two of us so i could explain to her why it was important. I need to check how the other rallies here on the east side of the state did.

Having feet on the concrete with other like minded folks pumps me up 10x more than writing letters.

Having feet on the concrete with other like minded folks pumps me up 10x more than writing letters.

Ditto on that...

Our rally was pretty successful. There were about 8 speakers, local and non-local politicians as well as a couple organizational folks. Conspicuously absent was Rep. Boehner (West Chester is his district). I didn't think that he would attend but it would have been a huge boost if he had. I will be sending a letter telling him he missed a great opportunity and if he plans on staying in his seat he had better start paying attention to us.

I arrived about 11:45 and stayed till after 3 when it ended. Cold at first (32*) but warmed up to about 42*. Sunny...first day I've had outside with the sun in a while. The new tactical jacket I got from Gadsen and Culpepper worked out great. Had two signs and to flags (III and DTOM). Signs got a lot of comments, especially the "Joe Biden -- The Village Idiot". Gotta love the hand scribbled signs... ;)

Attachments

• feb 23, 2013.jpg
    feb 23, 2013.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 466
  • feb 23, 2013_2.jpg
    feb 23, 2013_2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 466
  • feb 23, 2013_3.jpg
    feb 23, 2013_3.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 466
Great signs! Good video too, finally some coverage!

My father in law appologized profusely for makin me miss it, but he's just too danged old to be doin that work himself. I still had to give him a little hell for it, called him some names and made fun of him bein so ugly! :lol:

The channel 9 guy was walking around filming here and there. I'm in the background in a couple spots. A couple of the speakers were really good, others very long winded.

One strange thing was the organizers took a "break" in the middle and half the crowd left. Most returned but it was odd to see a lot of people leaving in the middle of it...

Just read a good article in the Cincinnati Enquirer, front page above the fold in full color of the local section and continued on a second page.

It mentioned "hundreds" in West Chester which was one of five scheduled in Ohio and about 1000 strong in northern Kentucky. It also quoted state senator Jordan, speaking of tyranny and bondage bein perpetrated by our federal reps (namely Obama). When asked if hefelt we are in bondage he said he's certain our founders would say we are.

There was a brief mention of the counter protest in Columbus, numbering about 200, who said they want to keep the issues in the public eye.

Id mention more here but my wife just stole the paper from me.

Good coverage this time around with no obvious slant or biased.

Just talked to a friend whowas at the northern KY rally, he said the actual number of folks there was coser to 13 to 1400!

I haven't been able to find out anything about the one in our capital so I doubt it was overwhelming. The one closer to Philly was listed at "several hundred" (should have been more) but they did have a deuce and a half with "Liberty" on the side as a back drop for the speakers, at least one of which was a state rep. Like I said the town I was in had about 150 which equalled the attendance in Denver, Co...no wonder they passed that crappy new law and Magpul is bailing out.

For Denver and everywhere for that matter, it's a lot easier to keep a right than try and get one back.

Getting my protest on...

Attachments

• protest pic (403 x 403).jpg
    protest pic (403 x 403).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 398
Saayyy....that is one sweet looking hat. I need to get one of those... ;)

Give em hell bro!

We're working on it. Yup, great hat! Thanks, rip.

Damn thing is I'm going to have to open a FB account (the horror, the horror) to keep up with all the organizations, rallies, etc. Have been dead set against it but I can't keep using my GF's. She doesn't want to keep receiving updates from all of them that I'd 'like"...LOL

You dont need to give your real info. Just make a name up and an email of the same name. Something fairly believable though. Like say...Joe Archer.

At one time I had 3 different FB accounts. Just make up a fake email on Yahoo or Gmail and then make a fake FB account.

When I first joined FB I played a lot of the games that required that you keep adding friends to advance. I created the dummy accounts to play games with so I didn't have to mix stangers I need to play the games with my real friends.

The other one was a bet, my coworker could not get her son to allow her access to his account to see what he was posting. I created a dummy account, downloaded pic of some random cute girl from google and was on his friends list within 15 minutes. Which is a perfect example of why you should never trust anything on social media. LOL

I went to our state rally and hearing this past Tuesday, and met Dan Bongino who was in a video on this forum. Along with the key delegates against the AWB in Maryland, half of the states Sheriff's where on hand to give expert testimony along with a few police chiefs. People from 12 to 80 gave testimony on why our 2nd Amendment right should not be infringed upon. Last weeks hearing had 1300 people testify for our rights and 33 who did not think we should have guns at all. I was very passionate in giving my testimony from a LEO's stand point about my rights and others to protect themselves. "It will give the criminals carte blanche to prey upon the law abiding while at the same time turning the law abiding into criminals".

Albany Protest April 1, 2014. 8 hour bus round trip. Bringing the pain even with a tingly thumb.

13588594884_5a2b0f9cfb.jpg

13588596004_67b7d39c70.jpg

13588260563_06c19ec70d.jpg

And a good one.... one of the pro gunners photo bombed the anti-gunners lousy protest inside the Capitol (look in the way back in neon green)

13573473434_7d48c6be85.jpg

I can't read the sign in the back. What's it say?

Back