1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Comments on Profile Post by meanstreak

1. Djcala
    Djcala
    Ok lemme start with this black powder and petroleum are notorious for rust creation. Black powder substitute also...
    So I only use natural lubes on my BP Guns, I love bore butter and I also make my own. I mix home rendered tallow and beeswax. For cleaning water water a tad of dawn. I also have a batch of 3parts alcohol to 1 part murphys oil soap for quick cleaning.
    Dec 7, 2020
  2. Djcala
    Djcala
    YES lube cylinder pin for sure.
    For over ball I used to always grease over but its darn messy. Now my range load is simply powder then a proper sized wad then ball.
    If hunting I will still grease over ball for moisture protection.
    Dec 7, 2020
  3. Djcala
    Djcala
    I buy wads in bulk by ox yoke from Dixie gun works. Worth every penny. Also the dixie quicknload tubes are cats pajamas
    Dec 7, 2020
  4. Djcala
    Djcala
    Ps ive never fired caps before loading, I dont lube till gun is dry so my guns are dry. I DO push a nipple pick thru each hole prior to loading though. And I do use anti-sieze on nipple threads saves headache down the road.
    Dec 7, 2020
  5. Djcala
    Djcala
    Also note these guns are truly individuals and there are slightly larger and or smaller balls available at black powder shops like DGW to accommodate this. Make sure ya have a good fitting ball to chamber no movemnet of balls in unfired chambers. Shoot and check the unfired a couple times till ya comfortable they sit tight
    Dec 7, 2020