• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. N

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Re: Mossberg 464 30-30 Rear Sight I recommend that the punch be made of soft metal. At least, softer than what the sight is made of. And the hammer have a metal head with a little weight to it. Not real heavy, though. Not a plastic hammer. FWIW, I used the Marble sight for about 3 months. It...
  2. N

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Re: Scope Bases for the 464 Just a quick update. The mounts and rings arrived. From order on internet to mailbox... three days. Pretty good for "standard" shipping. So, this is what the package looks like. Just about everything needed is in the package. Screws, bolts... even an allen wrench.
  3. N

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Re: Scope Bases for the 464 I recently found an alternative to the Weaver 403 bases. There is a company called Kwik-Site that makes both bases and rings specifically for the Mossberg 464. http://www.kwiksitecorp.com/ I've ordered their "combo" of both bases and 'low' rings. They haven't...
  4. N

Re: Aftermarket front sights for 464? In my experience, the problem is not really "fit". Just about any sight, front or rear, designed for a 3/8in dovetail, will "fit". Many companies make sights for a standard 3/8in dovetail. Williams, Lyman, Skinner, others. They will all "fit". The problem...
  5. N

Re: Mossberg 464 30-30 Rear Sight I now also have the Marble Arms Bullseye. The short version. Worked well at the range. last weekend. Groups were pretty small left-to-right. High-to-low... I'm workin' on it!
  6. N

Re: Aftermarket front sights for 464? I have not personally tried them, but Williams sells what they describe as "fiber optic" front sights. I don't know if they are plastic, or not. I am also older, near sighted, and have trouble focusing on the front sight with my glasses on. For most...
  7. N

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Accessories...

The retailer info says the item fits tube diameters of .540 to .590. I just measured my 464 and the mag tube is .640. YMMV
  8. N

Mossberg 464 vs Marlin 336 Lever Action

Re: 464 vs 336-Which one? I have a Mossberg 464. Standard model. 30-30. Plain stock, blued, 20in barrel. Stock sights. I've had it for three weeks. I've shot it at the range twice. Total 28 rounds. I've never owned or shot any other lever action rifle. All my others are bolt action. The 464 is...
  9. N

Update on the Skinner Lo Pro rear sight... It ain't workin'. The sight will not get low enough to sight in well. With the sight down as low as it can go, shots are 8in high at 50yds. I wrote to the people at Skinner and they suggested that I get a taller front sight. So now, if anyone has...
  10. N

I got the Skinner Lo Pro. Ordered it on a Friday morning. I got a notice that it shipped that same afternoon. It arrived in the mail on Monday. Pretty quick IMHO. Put it on the rifle for a quick look. I think it is going to be too high. I will probably need to trim a bit off of the bottom to get...
  11. N

Hello all. New 464 owner here. I need to replace the factory sights. The Skinner looks pretty good. I've also seen mention of sights by Williams. I've searched their web site, but don't see anything for the 464. If any of you know which of the Williams models will work on a 464, please let me...
Back