• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

Recoil Pad

Thanks Jmm. It is beginning to look like the Limbsaver is my only choice.
  2. B

Recoil Pad

This is GREAT information. Can anyone recommend any other brand of recoil pad, or should I just stick with the stock pad. Maybe I have just become too recoil sensitive in my old age and need to toughen up.
  3. B

Recoil Pad

I have a new Maverick 88 and I need to replace the recoil pad. The Limbsaver website says to buy the 10809 pad for this application. The template I printed does not seem to be the right size. Can someone tell me if the 10809 pad does or does not actually fit the 88. I would also like to know...
  4. B

Magazine Tube Question

It might work. There must be a Maverick 88 owner willing to try it. I used Acetone for two days, then clamped the receiver in a padded vice. I then heated up the receiver and used the Husky strap wrench (a very good strap wrench) to try to break the tube loose. Nothing. You might have to use...
  5. B

Magazine Tube Question

I wish Mossberg would read this thread. They could save some time and money, and we would get a better shotgun.
  6. B

Magazine Tube Question

Yes. One of the reasons you buy a shotgun is that they are easy to clean, and you can change barrels and lengths of barrels. The absolute least I would expect is that they would use blue Loctite, if they thought necessary. I don't see any need for anything other than hand tightened. If...
  7. B

Magazine Tube Question

My attempt with heat failed. I got it as hot as I could stand, but obviously not hot enough to get the job done. However, based on your information above, and the fact that I am never going to use 3" shells, I am going to install the adapter without the follower. Thank you, Wes for your...
  8. B

Magazine Tube Question

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have been trying acetone for the past two days without success. I got the Husky strap wrench last night and intend to try heat today. To BoBo 522, I do not know how the Defender Tactical mini shell adapter will work without the Defender Tactical follower...
  9. B

Magazine Tube Question

I have a new Maverick 88 with the seven round magazine tube on the 20 inch barrel. I am trying to remove the magazine tube to install the Defender Tactical magazine follower for the mini shell adapter. The factory used red Loctite to install the barrel at the factory and I am not having any...
  10. B

18.5" Shockwave Legal Questions

Thanks! I appreciate all of the good information I received in this thread.
  11. B

Thanks, Rodburner. As I was considering all of this, I realized I wanted the 18.5" barrel for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Then, I took another turn. I have Maverick 88 with a 20" barrel. I tried a Hogue pistol grip on it, but it made it hard to actuate the slide release. When I...
  12. B

Thank you for your replies. Your information is exactly what I needed to know.
  13. B

1. If I buy a Shockwave with an 18.5" barrel with the birds head grip, is it legal to replace the birds head grip with a regular butt stock? 2. If I buy a 590 with a regular butt stock, is it legal to install a birds head grip instead of the regular stock? Thank you.
  14. B

Pistol Grip

Thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed. I appreciate the help.
  15. B

Pistol Grip

I need a pistol grip for my new Maverick 88. Mossberg does not have any in stock. Can someone recommend a brand and/or place to purchase a grip? Thank you.
  16. B

Mossberg 930 Tactical Question

Thank you for the heads up. I did not think of that being a problem. I planned to use almost any red dot sight. Do you have any suggestions, or a list of sights that work with the factory stock?
  17. B

Thanks, guys. Exactly what I needed to know.
  18. B

I am considering the purchase of the Mossberg 930 Tactical 8-shot, Model #85322. Is there any way to mount a red dot sight on this model? Thank you.
Back