• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. T

590 A1 Barrel Finish

Well took the ole 590 to the range Saturday. 50 Rounds of cheapo Wally birdshot 15 Rounds of 00 buck 30 Rounds of Remington sluggers and some random old turkey loads thrown in for good measure. Gun function = flawless. There are some rough spots in the action but I think it will smooth out...
  2. T

590 A1 Barrel Finish

Too true Blue, too true.
  3. T

590 A1 Barrel Finish

Well primarily I suggest they start taking a little pride in their work. If issuing sharpies or touch up paint is the best they can do, then yes. Sure its not a huge deal, and I realize this is a work horse shotgun. And it will be beat all to hell by next fall, but even a new plow comes...
  4. T

590 A1 Barrel Finish

Well its good to know i'm not the only one... Its nothing a black sharpie wont fix, but you think Mossberg would show a little pride. Gonna strip, clean and lube it today. Hopefully i'll have a great range report next week.
  5. T

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 I decided instead of wasting more ammo on the 930SPX i'd send it off to a nice home. Sold it and now i'm moving on to a 590A1.
  6. T

590 A1 Barrel Finish

I think Mossberg hates me. After all the 930 SPX problems I decided to sale it and pick up a 590A1. Well the 590 arrived today... Take a look at the finish round the barrel lugs and front sight base. It appears they forgot to refinish this barrel after welding the lugs and sight. Does...
  7. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 The jam is a definite show stopper and almost takes 3 hands to fix. I'm very happy with slug accuracy. Mine produces soft ball sized groups 5 rounds at 50 yards.
  8. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 SoCal, That's exactly what mine was doing. The magazine shell stop assy is actually binding on the elevator. When I sent it back for service, Mossy replaced the entire shell stop assembly. When you experience that failure...pull back on the bolt...
  9. T

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX I finally had time for a detail cleaning of my 930 SPX. I have never seen any of my other guns have this much wear after appx 50 rounds. Lots of metal filings and scraping on the magazine tube and inside the receiver. This shotgun has more wear on it...
  10. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 That's just unacceptable to send you a shotty with pieces and parts falling out of it. Glad you were able to put it together. Mine holds 7+1 bird and buck. Have not tried a full load with slugs.
  11. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 I got the same memo with my return. For me they repaired and returned the same unit. My tube holds the correct 7 + 1 now. I believe that cotter pin goes on the trigger group. In fact i'm very positive it does. Better field strip it before the...
  12. T

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX Finally made it to the range with the 930. 25 rounds of light bird shot low brass, only issue was one light primer strike. 5 x 3" magnum buckshot. OUCH!. 5 x 2 3/4" buckshot. no issues. 10 x 2 3/4" slugs grouped in about a soft ball at 50 yards from...
  13. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 Mine shipped 10/3 and was back here 10/18. Still hoping for a range trip this weekend.
  14. T

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX Now my bolt does not stick but my trigger assembly and elevator are very loose http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=I_mLITwFjow http://youtu.be/I_mLITwFjow
  15. T

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX Well got the 930 back from Mossberg today. I am well satisfied with the time frame and turn around. There was no explanation of what they did. They did include a $0 balance invoice that shows a shell stop assembly and an elevator. Anyway the shotty...
  16. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 I'm only slightly ahead of you. Tracking Number: 1Z3115250310132257Service:UPS GroundWeight:12.00 lbsShipped/Billed On:10/03/2011Delivered On: 10/06/2011 11:55 A.M. Delivered To: EAGLE PASS, TX, US Signed By:MONTALVOLeft At:Front Desk I'm fighting...
  17. T

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX That's awful news. My 2nd 930 is back at Mossberg. Ordered the first one in early September, at this rate it will be November before I get to shoot it for the first time. What a POS mossberg has turned out! I think i'll trade mine on a Remmy or...
  18. T

Re: Review/Issues of my 930 SPX, Sept 2011 +1 SoCal, I am the proud owner of one of these duds! They have known about these issues since 2009 by 2011 there is no excuse for these problems.
  19. T

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Re: 2nd 930 SPX Lemon Yeah its the 930 SPX but with a plain stock vs pistol grip. I think they have just recently changed the naming to 930 SX??? Item# 52355 Description: MOSS 85360 930SX 12 18 8SH CB GRS MAT This would be my fourth Mossberg shotgun, I really hate to see where their...
  20. T

Re: The troubled history of the 930 SPX I guess the thing that gets me about these issues is that this post started a year ago. I've read similar threads from 2009. The two 930sx's that I have dealt with have the same problems. So in a year Mossy has done nothing to improve QC nor customer...
Back